Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a bug atm that makes sims have only girls?

Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
So I keep having girls but I don't know if it's just chance or if there's a bug. But then again I haven't had that many kids. My first sim had a girl but then when I played the daughter, she had a girl and now she's pregnant with another girl. I have the Little Ms Sam No Gender Influencer mod so I can't be influencing it through choices I make.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My last three births were all twins. Mixed twins, ie boy and girl. But I don't have any mods in my game at all.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I seem to be getting mostly boys in my game lately. :/
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have some mods, but nothing is set to affect the gender of babies. My Sim had twin boys a bit ago, they're now toddlers and she just had a baby girl.

ETA: it's my understanding that the game tries to balance ages and genders in game. So maybe you're experiencing a lot of girls born because you already have a high male population.
  • Options
    prisinkaprisinka Posts: 12 New Member
    no. I had twin boys just last night. no mods no cc.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Most of my sims child are males this include their children as well, totally opposite.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I had 7 babies in a row. All boys.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    ETA: it's my understanding that the game tries to balance ages and genders in game. So maybe you're experiencing a lot of girls born because you already have a high male population.

I've heard this a lot so I found my situation interesting. I started a fresh save to do a 100 baby challenge and I added a bunch of men to my game. I haven't got far yet but like I said earlier my challenge sim had all boys. 7... not relevant but 2 sets of twins.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I had a string like that once with boys instead of girls, but it's the game trying to balance things. If there are too many males, then most of the babies born will be female in order to balance the gender populations.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Im sure it's random.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    My sims have produced two sets of twin girls in three days. Doesn't look random to me.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I was having a bunch of girls with different families. I thought maybe there was a bug as well, but don't know for sure. The only way I got a male born baby was by eating carrots.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    My sims have produced two sets of twin girls in three days. Doesn't look random to me.

It is possible to flip a coin 100 times and it land on heads 100 times and the coin not be weighted or flipped in such a way to guarantee heads. It's rare, but possible.

2 sets of twin girls is not enough trials to say that something is up with the randomizer.

True randomness can have things like a streak of girls or a streak of boys. Especially in a relatively short number of trials.

True randomness in what gender a baby is, would not care what gender was born last.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I thought I had a bug because for a while all I had were boys in all of my saves but finally I’ve has a few girls lately. I think it’s by chance and seems off occasionally but it really isn’t.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2019
    Another possibility here; do you have more male sims than female? There could be a decline in women so your game is making more? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bug, but what I've suggested may be possible too.
    Post edited by AriaMad2 on
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2019
    Could have to do with the food youre eating and music/tv you have on. I think those influence it but forget exactly how
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Twin boys last week, but I gamed it by having mum eat nothing but carrots and listen to alternative. Normally, I prefer girls and make the mother eat nothing but strawberries. Both methods seems to be pretty reliable for forcing a particular gender. I don't know if there is a particular window during which they should eat carrots or strawberries? Mine just eat them exclusively for three days (and the non-pregnant mom or dad, if I keep them in the game, also eats nothing but carrots or strawberries).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Strawberries = more likely a Girl
    Carrots = more likely a Boy

Pop radio = more likely a Girl
    Alternative radio = more likely a Boy
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Maybe your sim is listening to pop music too much? I’ve had that happen to me multiple times and I couldn’t figure out what was going on until I realized listening to pop influences the gender of the baby to be a girl.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!