Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't go to the future

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hello there,

After my old save broke completely (horrible lag, graphic bugs everywhere), I put my family into the bin and into a new game. Now, I wanted to take one of my sims to the future, but I ran into the problem that the loading screen just won't show up. I tried it over the time portal and with the "Go to Future World" option of DebugEnabler, which both didn't work. The problem was basically that the game would zoom into mapview as always, but instead of getting into the world loading screen, nothing happened at all.

I first thought I could solve this issue by repairing my game via origin, simply because this wasn't the only problem I had with the game the last few days. However, repairing didn't solve it. As a second try, I thought the problem might have to do with the traveler mod, so I removed it and tried it again. This time, I was able to get into the world loading screen after using the "Go to Future World" option, but as soon as I arrived, my sim was invisible and could only be made visible by resetsim cheat. Furthermore, the time portal was deactivated with no option to activate it. Upon clicking on it, the only options were "Put in Inventory" and "NRaas". I then thought buying a new time portal might help, but I still didn't get more options than the two mentioned.

I'm really confused about this whole issue, it practically makes a whole expansion pack unusable to me. Do you have any ideas you think could help? Should I just reinstall ITF and see if that helps?
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    It sounds like there might be an issue with your TS3 game folder, the one in Documents\Electronic Arts. The fastest way to find out is to pull the entire folder out of Documents and onto your desktop. Launch the game, start a new save, pick some random family, and try to send them to the future. If it works, you can start copying your content from your old game folder to your new one. The bin copy of the family you saved will have its own file in Library, if you want to try to send them to the future next.

Here's crinrict's summary of everything you'll find in your game folder. It's best to add back the files in batches and test the travel transition each time, so you'll know right away if you've transferred something corrupt.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If you can't send any sims to the future even in a clean game folder with nothing added to it, try disabling OneDrive; having it active has occasionally messed with a travel transition. If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag, post it on some free filesharing site (pastebin.com would work fine), and leave a link here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/