Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2, 18, 350

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    "Mind games", "childish", "stupid". :D Wow, the overdramatized saltiness is reaching new levels today.

"My gawd! These Gurus! How dare they throw hints at us! Are they actually trying to be playful?! Well, Sims 4 is serious bizness! I can't guess that! I want straight info or nothing at all, darnit! These developers shouldn't be having fun, they should only be working, working, working! Don't engage us if you have nothin to say! What?! No communication?! This team is awful!!!11!!"

Lol, guys, if you don't like guessing games, then don't play. Why are you in this thread? I guess sometimes the obvious solution is the hardest to swallow.

Right? It’s not that’s deep.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    The EA team is making some couch swatches while some fans are making an entire attraction system.. can’t say I’m surprised.

This is very sad actually :(

But EA/Maxis are a couple of EPs or years ahead of us so they will know what will or won't work later on, breaking any mods created now.

I'm not using any mods until the game is officially over, or - if I can get the Legacy Game in addition to the ongoing one get them for the former so that I could experiment with them!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Woahhhhhh, some people on here are so ungrateful. Fair enough, we'd prefer to see new content, but the team have obviously worked very hard on giving us more choice and variety for objects that already exist in the game which I find such a positive. We will continue to and always will get new content, we already know the what's on the horizon until the end of October so to be given updates to objects already in the game is great news. Kudos to the Gurus, because they do listen and I know that people have wanted more swatches for various objects for so long.

Eh I wouldn’t say ungrateful at all. The game is going on 5 years and people are asking for a whole lot more than some recolored base game objects. It’s cool they’re doing it, but it’s hardly a solution for their repeated bad swatch choices. These 350 swatches don’t do anything for the DLC they’ve added to the game.

Fair enough. However, we don’t know what they have planned for future releases, they could be readying a pack that everyone has been screaming out for. Remember that this is only a patch feature, it’s not supposed to add any major additional gameplay like a pack would.

Woahhhhhh, some people on here are so ungrateful. Fair enough, we'd prefer to see new content, but the team have obviously worked very hard on giving us more choice and variety for objects that already exist in the game which I find such a positive. We will continue to and always will get new content, we already know the what's on the horizon until the end of October so to be given updates to objects already in the game is great news. Kudos to the Gurus, because they do listen and I know that people have wanted more swatches for various objects for so long.

Wouldn’t call it ungrateful. Would call it frustrated. I’ve been playing this series for like 15 years, I’d like to have my voice heard for once.

They aren’t gonna get a ton of praise from me for putting more swatches on stuff while the game BEFORE this one had a color-wheel. Just like if we ever get burglars, I’m not gonna be on the ground praising them when it should’ve been in the base game to begin with. Shouldn’t take you over 5 years to implement basic things.

Now, if they come up with something new and spectacular that hasn’t been in previous games, I’ll be impressed.

I have been playing since the original and I have watched the franchise grow into what it is today. We are all aware that the system draws certain limitations which is unfortunate, but nothing is going to change that. If you feel that strongly over a burglar being left out of the base game then by all means go off, but I truly believe that the devs have been trying to piece this game back together from the disastrous start back in 2014 and whilst the pace not may suit everyone, at least they are doing the best with what they have. We don’t know what’s next, so just keep a little faith.

You’re right we don’t know what they’re making, but I will no longer give them the benefit of the doubt in that area. Their last pack release was so wildly uncharacteristic for the series and not even in a good way, that who knows what crazy stuff they have in the works?

Patch content is usually more than some recolors. Just saying, they’ve added or expanded gameplay thru patches many times. It’s cool they are doing it, and I’m excited to see what they chose to recolor, but these 350 swatches are relatively simple to produce and really don’t do much for the game besides give you some new colors. Wouldn’t be an issue at all if they had included modern features like a color wheel.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Eh I wouldn’t say ungrateful at all. The game is going on 5 years and people are asking for a whole lot more than some recolored base game objects. It’s cool they’re doing it, but it’s hardly a solution for their repeated bad swatch choices. These 350 swatches don’t do anything for the DLC they’ve added to the game.

Fair enough. However, we don’t know what they have planned for future releases, they could be readying a pack that everyone has been screaming out for. Remember that this is only a patch feature, it’s not supposed to add any major additional gameplay like a pack would.

Wouldn’t call it ungrateful. Would call it frustrated. I’ve been playing this series for like 15 years, I’d like to have my voice heard for once.

They aren’t gonna get a ton of praise from me for putting more swatches on stuff while the game BEFORE this one had a color-wheel. Just like if we ever get burglars, I’m not gonna be on the ground praising them when it should’ve been in the base game to begin with. Shouldn’t take you over 5 years to implement basic things.

Now, if they come up with something new and spectacular that hasn’t been in previous games, I’ll be impressed.

I have been playing since the original and I have watched the franchise grow into what it is today. We are all aware that the system draws certain limitations which is unfortunate, but nothing is going to change that. If you feel that strongly over a burglar being left out of the base game then by all means go off, but I truly believe that the devs have been trying to piece this game back together from the disastrous start back in 2014 and whilst the pace not may suit everyone, at least they are doing the best with what they have. We don’t know what’s next, so just keep a little faith.

You’re right we don’t know what they’re making, but I will no longer give them the benefit of the doubt in that area. Their last pack release was so wildly uncharacteristic for the series and not even in a good way, that who knows what crazy stuff they have in the works?

Patch content is usually more than some recolors. Just saying, they’ve added or expanded gameplay thru patches many times. It’s cool they are doing it, and I’m excited to see what they chose to recolor, but these 350 swatches are relatively simple to produce and really don’t do much for the game besides give you some new colors. Wouldn’t be an issue at all if they had included modern features like a color wheel.

well we don't know if its the only thing we are getting in the patch
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    I'm hoping the next world will be bigger than the last ones like Del Sol Valley and Strangervile. It's been almost 2 YEARS since we got a decent world - Brindleton bay. Especially if it is really a tropical EP because this would be a unique theme.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    If the tropical world only has 6 residential lots I will break down. Just thinking about it is working my nerves. :'(
  • Options

well we don't know if its the only thing we are getting in the patch

I acknowledged that, but my point still stands.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

Okay so, question for you. Do not take this personal or rude but I am actually quite intrigued to hear your opinion. If there are many issues with this particular generation of The Sims franchise and you can’t overlook a colour wheel for example or maybe there’s something in the previous generations that isn’t being implemented to this game, why are you still here and buying into the brand?

I am genuinely interested as to why you (and others who may have similar issues) haven’t just called it a day with The Sims 4. Is it because you’re loyal to the franchise or something else?

I will hold my hands up now and say that I’ve had my issues with this game in the past, did not see why things hadn’t been included and scoffed at the limitations, but I’m now enjoying the game for what it is.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Okay so, question for you. Do not take this personal or rude but I am actually quite intrigued to hear your opinion. If there are many issues with this particular generation of The Sims franchise and you can’t overlook a colour wheel for example or maybe there’s something in the previous generations that isn’t being implemented to this game, why are you still here and buying into the brand?

I am genuinely interested as to why you (and others who may have similar issues) haven’t just called it a day with The Sims 4. Is it because you’re loyal to the franchise or something else?

I will hold my hands up now and say that I’ve had my issues with this game in the past, did not see why things hadn’t been included and scoffed at the limitations, but I’m now enjoying the game for what it is.

Well..my reason is why we haven't given up (well I haven't, don't know if this is everyone elses reason) is because this a beloved series of ours...and we still like to hold on to a tiny bit of hope that they could turn this game around for the better....
  • Options

I mean if you don’t spell out what you don’t like how is anyone supposed to know your opinion? Maxis can’t read minds, and they have shown time and time again if you don’t tell them what you don’t like they’ll press on forward on their own intuition, which has IMO not been very good.