Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can We Please Have Sewing Back?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, with an Education pack schoolchildren could have their parents make fancy dress costumes for toddlers and older. We could also add a calendar date and project to make a fancy dress costume for a party.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    We definitely need sewing back. They give us a fashion type career and then no sewing machine???

But we just need a hobbies pack in general with the option for those hobbies to be careers or not. Hobbies are severely lacking in sims 4. That's the reason everyone is complaining of boredom. It's the same irl if you have no hobbies of interest life can be boring.

I really enjoyed sewing in sims 2 how you could create decor like curtains and outfits right from CAS or buy mode.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    I agree about the idea to have a sewing option. I would like much to have a spinning/knitting option too. But we have some hobby options already, like the crafting tables, where we can make different medicine for the animals and home made furniture. Also we have the option to make potions on the grill. Not to mention the option to make a special ambrosia cake for revival of the dead simmers. Hobbies like digging for relikvies and assembling them is also possible.
  • Options
    Briah42Briah42 Posts: 35 Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > I've always thought this would be a great addition to a Farming EP. Start with shearing whatever animal (sheep/llama), spinning the wool and then sewing a completed project. There can be an option where Sims can just order the material on the computer to sew their projects, carrying the craft over into other worlds without a hitch.
    > Sewing should definitely be a skill.

@Anmirla YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!!!
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    on this i fully agree 200% on this plus it was introduce in the sims2 freetime if i remember corrrectly

Me too. I loved The Sims 2 Freetime and would really love a farming pack with a better version of Freetime, too. Bring back the lamas! :wink:
  • Options
    OLFamilySimsOLFamilySims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @soko37 said:
    > We definitely need sewing back. They give us a fashion type career and then no sewing machine???
    >
    > But we just need a hobbies pack in general with the option for those hobbies to be careers or not. Hobbies are severely lacking in sims 4. That's the reason everyone is complaining of boredom. It's the same irl if you have no hobbies of interest life can be boring.
    >
    > I really enjoyed sewing in sims 2 how you could create decor like curtains and outfits right from CAS or buy mode.

Yes to all of this. I miss the pottery option from Sims 2 Freetime as well.
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member

Yes to all of this. I miss the pottery option from Sims 2 Freetime as well.

Omg if they don’t bring pottery back in someway, I will be devastated!

I also loved that about the Sims 2: Free Time. And the fact that the vases came in different colors. SO CUTE!

I also want ballet back but we shall see.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Maybe a Farming EP with sheep would be a great opportunity to add a feature like this?
    Or a Hobbies GP?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    yaymeimashiyaymeimashi Posts: 18 Member
    I would love to see sewing added to the game. As an amateur seamstress/bag-maker, I love the idea that my sims could sew, crochet, knit, etc. I really loved TS2’s Freetime. So much fun stuff to do.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    We really need a TS4 Freetime.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    We really need a TS4 Freetime.

yes please B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon