Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Typewriter ... Please

All I want for Christmas .. or how about in the new expansion .. is an old fashioned typewriter. I would have all the book/article options without the ability to go online, chat, play games. I'm tired of the computer taking up all my sims time when they should be cranking out their next greatest work of fiction!

Comments

• Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited August 2009
    Wold be a great addition for the technophobic bookworm. LOL!
  • Options
    GwinniGwinni Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2009
    Cool idea! I like it.
  • Options
    RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It's a good way to write for our technophobic sims.
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmmm... Actions?

Technophobes...
    Jounalists/Law enforcement employees.
    Animation when finishing a report or review could be the same one used when finishing learning a recipe or song. Finished book goes in to the inventory and needs to be mailed to publisher.

Computer whiz... Could get frustrated due to the lack of a spell checker and rip the page outta the thing and throw it (The paper) across the room? LoL..

• Options
    DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That's such a great idea for a game with writers and extreme technophobes that I can't believe that they don't have it... although, I think it's extremely silly that my Sims can chat with technophobes-- who go nuts if I so much as mention a computer-- online.

Incidentally, I've had three of my Sims talking to the same Sim at the same time-- online, on their cellphone, and in person. I think the game should do a check to ensure that Sims aren't doing multiple, simultaneous things, or things which create nonsensical paradoxes.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thats a good idea.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    That's why I buy a laptop and put it in my writer sim's inventory. No one else can use it, but yeah a typewriter would be a cool idea.
  • Options
    monypm97monypm97 Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2009
    would be cool...
  • Options
    simsjew613simsjew613 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Its annoying when i want to write a book just for the money, but they need to buy a computer with money that they dont have. I was thinking it might be cool if they can write the book on paper, and have to mail it to the publisher or something. (I dont know where they get the paper from)
  • Options
    DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Actually, you can use the computers in the library to write without buying one. If the moodlet is to be believed, writing in the library should even be faster than normal, although, I haven't actually tested that. I usually have any Sim who needs to do any kind of work (writing, or workaholics working from home) do it in the library, as I have any Sim who needs to exercise do it in the gym for the added moodlet there.
  • Options
    lmsmbulfroglmsmbulfrog Posts: 793 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hadn't even thought of the technophobe tie in.