Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unique Holidays/Seasons

In Seasons there is a calendar where events and holidays are created and stored. I've added Wiccan holidays to mine. Imbolc, Beltane, Litha, Ostara, Samhain, and Mabon along with the equinoxes. What holidays have you created and what have you selected as the challenges for that holiday?

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I use those same ones 😊
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Metzfits84 wrote: »
    In Seasons there is a calendar where events and holidays are created and stored. I've added Wiccan holidays to mine. Imbolc, Beltane, Litha, Ostara, Samhain, and Mabon along with the equinoxes. What holidays have you created and what have you selected as the challenges for that holiday?

I love this idea. I guess you might say I'm curious about Wicca. :) What traditions do you link to them?

Most of the time I leave in the default holidays with a few tweaks and add traditional British ones like Boxing Day - my sims get the day off work and watch romantic films and play games - or if I'm played a themed world, something that goes with that. In rotational games I always switch household on a Sunday so sometimes I put the resolutions in New Year's Day instead of New Year's Eve, because it's too difficult to achieve otherwise.

At the moment I have only put in one custom holiday in my current save, which is Founder's Day where sims go to the graveyard to remember their ancestors. I am definitely going to add some more over time though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I've added in Spring Cleaning, Marie Kondo style! I also like adding in Winterfest Eve and Boxing Day, so my sims get cheaper stuff! I've also done a pop culture day, where sims play games, watch TV, have a new tv series premiere and play voidcritters, and that's always fun!

I'm Aussie, and i also changed up when all the holidays occur to fit MY life better, so Winterfest is now SummerFest, and it's all the same activities, just in summer, though I add in water fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    munroele wrote: »
    I've added in Spring Cleaning, Marie Kondo style! I also like adding in Winterfest Eve and Boxing Day, so my sims get cheaper stuff!

Is there a way to add the Rebate Day tradition of buying stuff to a custom holiday? I wanted to put Black Friday in a save at one time but couldn't find a way to do that.
  • Options
    Metzfits84Metzfits84 Posts: 90 Member
    Metzfits84 wrote: »

I love this idea. I guess you might say I'm curious about Wicca. :) What traditions do you link to them?

Most of the time I leave in the default holidays with a few tweaks and add traditional British ones like Boxing Day - my sims get the day off work and watch romantic films and play games - or if I'm played a themed world, something that goes with that. In rotational games I always switch household on a Sunday so sometimes I put the resolutions in New Year's Day instead of New Year's Eve, because it's too difficult to achieve otherwise.

At the moment I have only put in one custom holiday in my current save, which is Founder's Day where sims go to the graveyard to remember their ancestors. I am definitely going to add some more over time though.

A lot of celebrations believed and considered Christian, are pagan; Wicca is one type of paganism. Ostara is Easter, named after the Goddess Eostre who is considered to part of rebirth aka spring. Samhain is Halloween. Imbolc is the start of spring 1st-2nd February, where plants are beginning to sprout. Litha is the Summer Solstice where everywhere is full of life; at full bloom. Mabon is the Autumn/Fall Equinox where the days get shorter. Beltane is on 1st of May and marks the beginning of summer. Yule is Christmas; where a large log is burnt to mark the beginning of winter; it's why chocolate Yule Logs are sold at Christmas.
  • Options
    Thanks, I've heard of some of those but not all of them.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

You can look up Wiccan celebrations online, but detailed books on Wicca are hard to find. I'll be adding more soon but holidays can't be planned in advance, it only allows 2 weeks after each holiday or event. I've planned a few parties in the summer with bbqs, drinks and stories are told in the summer. I'll be adding Yule Tide when winter starts, but I've set each season at 28 days; I find having holidays close together a little annoying, especially if your Sim(s) have careers that require you to join them.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey just moved this to the Expansion pack section
  • Options
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Hey just moved this to the Expansion pack section

So, what are you planning to add as holidays? :smiley:
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2019
    I did:
    New Years Day
    Valentines Day
    St. Patricks Day
    Mardi Gras {Willow Creek/Newcrest}
    Lent (7 days opposed to 40)
    Good Friday
    Easter
    April Fools
    Oktoberfest {Windenburg}
    Halloween
    Harvest Fest
    Autumn Feast
    Christmas Eve
    Christmas Day
    New Years Eve

Thinking about summer holidays, and holidays that mean something.
    In another save I have a Modern-Medieval-Fantasy Save.

and I'm trying to create holidays focusing on multiple celebrations & Feast Days
    Love Day
    All April Fools Day - Jesters and Lords of Chaos.
    Spring Feast - Rebirth and New Beginnings
    7 Days of Easter
    Summer's Eve Feast
    a Celebration of the King's Reign & Birth
    Autumnal Feast
    Harvest Feast
    All Souls Day
    Winter's Coming Feast
    12 Day's of Christmas

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't have seasons yet (Getting it later today) but I'm planning to make STREAK DAY because it's gonna be hilarious. The only tradition will be streaking. and Black Friday.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't think I added many "unique" holidays. Most of the ones I added are real holidays that weren't automatically available. Like 4th of July, Christmas Eve, Easter, Kwanza (once), Mother's Day, Fathers Day, etc.

I probably made some fun wacky ones with weird traditions, but I can't remember them.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Spring: Valentine's Day and Easter Sunday
    Summer: Leisure Day
    Fall: Halloween and Thanksgiving
    Winter: Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve

I only play with 14 days/season, since I think 28 days is too long, while 7 days is too short, so I don't wanna fill up my calendar with too many holidays... lol So I just go with the essential ones. If there was a 21 days option, I'd happily add more... I wonder whose great idea it was to only have 7, 14, and 28... :disappointed: 21 days would've been perfect for me!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg