Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creators 4 Fairplay

MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
01.jpg

We love this game, we dedicate hours to it! We want to share what we create for others to download and enjoy - BUT - what we would LOVE is the choice of whether or not that user can then re-upload what we made as their own work .We don't want to stop re-uploading altogether. We would just like the choice! It would stop you seeing 100's of the same thing on the gallery and it would make the cool stuff easier to find!

Click here to see more: #creators4fairplay

Comments

• Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Love this... it would drastically cut down on those who re-upload other's designs as their own. Love this idea!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    Tenchigirl15Tenchigirl15 Posts: 102 Member
    love this idea too. so many of the new houses that never gets seen, and yet so many same houses that get's re-upload every time get's the glory.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I personally would select Allow re-upload on my starters, I understand how fun it is to furnish a starter and share it. But something that i spent 90 hours on, I would not want that re-uploaded. Re-uploading a masterpiece is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.
    Post edited by Marjia on
  • Options
    Exactly ... I have posted a couple of shells, left the interiors to whomever downloads it. But there are a few I have spent hours and hours on and don't want anyone else to take credit for my build. I mean, seriously, I had my pirate ship copied, my maze and tower copied, don't know what else, if any, and I have seen amazing designs of others I follow copied. Makes me really angry. I even posted a comment on the page of the players who did the reuploads. Didn't do any good but made me feel better.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    I want creative control of my contributions the gallery. If they would just give us a switch to allow or disallow sharing, there would be peace in the valley again and we could all go back to doing what creators love most...creating. :)
  • Options
    I'm boosting this as it seems to have gone quiet.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics of policing this would work... but I guess that's the developer's job.
    I agree that some things should be able to be re-uploaded and not others though! Sometimes I do a half-plummed job of something, or finish 90% of it but just don't know how to get the other 10% done and would even like some help to get over the line. I wouldn't call myself a 'creator' as I'm not exactly masterful, but credit where credit's due.
    ESPECIALLY if you're spending that kind of time on something! Wow, 90 hours!!
  • Options
    I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics of policing this would work... but I guess that's the developer's job.
    I agree that some things should be able to be re-uploaded and not others though! Sometimes I do a half-plummed job of something, or finish 90% of it but just don't know how to get the other 10% done and would even like some help to get over the line. I wouldn't call myself a 'creator' as I'm not exactly masterful, but credit where credit's due.

One of our suggestions is to have a button or box that you can either click on or off when you upload your original lots/households where you can allow reuploads or not. That's the easiest way. And that way, like you, if you want some help finishing it or it's part of a challenge, then people can make their changes or whatever and reupload it.

But, if someone spends a lot of time building, hours and hours, then they can choose that that build/household can only be downloaded and not reuploaded.

Doesn't stop people from copying it, but it will mean that the original builder will get credit.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member

One of our suggestions is to have a button or box that you can either click on or off when you upload your original lots/households where you can allow reuploads or not. That's the easiest way. And that way, like you, if you want some help finishing it or it's part of a challenge, then people can make their changes or whatever and reupload it.

But, if someone spends a lot of time building, hours and hours, then they can choose that that build/household can only be downloaded and not reuploaded.

Doesn't stop people from copying it, but it will mean that the original builder will get credit.

Yah I just mean to say how exactly they would track whether or not an upload had already be uploaded if that makes sense?

For an example even if like 30 different things had been changed on a lot and something had been added, if the majority of it was the same then how would the game detect that?

But I'm not a developer so yeah I don't know. Maybe blockchain...
  • Options
    @SmallAurelius ... I'm not a coder either but not allowed reuploading should be fairly simple to do. There is also a glitch that allows people to remove the original creators name. Won't post how it's done here, in case others want to use it, but it is possible. But if a creation is marked not for reupload, then there could be some sort of code blocking that. It's a bit of a mess.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    The way I see it , it wouldnt matter what was changed. If that lot is marked as someone elses, and that creator has chosen to opt out of re-uploading, then it should be easy to block re uploading.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    We need to filter out reuploads from the Popular now tab. We could get to the good stuff easier and everyone would benefit.
  • Options
    GildedDiscourseGildedDiscourse Posts: 60 Member
    I completely support this idea. Having ones hard work stolen is never a good feeling. If its something you want to see others expand on that's all well and good. But so many amazing builds and sims take so much time and effort and they just get nixed with no consequences or effort what so ever. It's incredibly discouraging. I think the idea of being able to enable or disable sharing is a very good one and I sincerely hope they will add this sort of feature soon.
    rBjvmwv.jpg
  • Options
    I favor a permission checkbox for creators. That would be the best scenario
  • Options
    #creators4fairplay
    50927218_10156381083968409_4806184733413212160_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeFqS4DV6mYb0-GrJLKXPkUkzyDtjrw9ilFpkemtylXX5W_I7wdg0rg3dbFkoEy1t3oF11-pTxN06CieqjIHrKp7EyWiG-b9OT0gAC3tSn-mJg&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl5-1.fna&oh=c462aab1b2909f6f89ba594f45104802&oe=5CEC714B
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    It will make it easier to find Originals instead going through the re uploads
  • Options
    They should definitely put re-uploads on a separate tab, if not willing to change the TOS. I still favor having a switch to allow or not allow. TSR and MTS have the no re-upload policy and it seems to work fabulously, not sure why EA Maxis is not listening to us or even giving us the courtesy of a response.
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    I was wondering if there is any news on this subject? I love the idea of this switch. My builds got re-uploaded so many times it just makes me a bit angry. Even when i ask to not re-upload it in the descriptions, people still do. Some change a few things, others only change the name and nothing else, some don't change anything. I just don't understand why people seek attention by sharing other people's work instead of creating something of their own.
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options

the gallery is so broken now, it doesn't sort the way it should, not showing anything that has been downloaded more than 99 times. I doubt it matters much anymore, and Maxis is aware of it and they don't care.