Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Candles and Incense Fires

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
I just got the spa pack last week and was excited to use it in the room I'm working on. I added the three square candles on the counter and incense in s few areas. I have had three different times in testing the room where I had to stop it and exit because of fire (And three different areas and only after testing a short time - a few sim hours or less). Once the fire was by the three candles, and once it was under the kitchen cupboard, and once it was coming out of the ceiling by the light and also above the ceiling. Mind you, this is a room build and there is no room above it. I have never had these issues and I am wondering if it is the spa items. Anyone else having these issues?
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The incense burners just catch fire a lot. I think the developers made it this way intentionally since they would be quite powerful otherwise
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    The incense burners just catch fire a lot. I think the developers made it this way intentionally since they would be quite powerful otherwise

Good to know. So it's not good to riddle the room with them for unsuspecting community gallery downloaders (it is a kitchen, after all!). :) Well, @Cupid ... do you know if the three candles from the spa are a fire hazard also? (the set of three short square ones. Thank you so much!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've never seen candles of any type catch fire (in TS4). They're classed as a light source and to the best of my knowledge, lighting objects don't start fires in this game.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I've had fires start a couple times with the incense burners. I use them strictly for decoration now because I'm too scared to light them now. :lol:
    I do think they were intentionally programmed to cause fires, although, it does seem to happen a tad too often than needed in my opinion. I don't know whether or not the set of three candles are hazardous. I haven't personally had any issues when using them.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @Cupid & @MDianaSanders I am satisfied that this is the case also, once I removed the candles from my kitchen there were no more fires. I also have not had any fire issues with candles... I was just looking to confirm that others also hadn't from the ones from spa since the incense from there did cause them. Anyway, I think I'm all set and done testing the room. I was very sad as the theme of the room involved spice and I was also not able to find any manner in which the spices could remain in the room (they only seem to be able to transport through a sim's personal inventory.) Only the 'Dine Out' industrial spices would stay, but they looked rather to 'modern' for the build, so I opted out of them. Thank you for your help!
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yeah I've used incense burners to start fires on purpose. If I just want to use them .. say my sim has a date. They light it.. get flirty then put it out. Or for any other mood I want them to get in or increase. I never leave them burning unless I'm open to the possibility of a fire.
    I wouldn't say it happens to often it's nice to know what things you can use to have these things happen when you want them too.
    It's like the cheapest grill or firepit.. it can happen.
    egTcBMc.png