Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrity door restrictions for restaurant owners

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
I'm testing a restaurant I made and the family that owns the restaurant are not celebrities. But... the restaurant is geared toward celebrities. I want to use the 'restricted' door, but I am finding that the owners are not able to enter through the door. The employees entered through it, though, but then two waiters went back out and are not allowed back in either. I made a back door entrance (and I tried locking it for everyone but employees, which always included the household in the past for locks in my stores and restaurants, but the the owner would not go in there either. So I made it locked for everyone but household. Still won't go in. The two waiters won't either. Is this a bug?
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Probably not a bug but an oversight. Service sims are supposed to be able to get through them. You can try adding a back or side door though and locking it for everyone but the household.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Cupid ... I just updated my post... The employees entered through it, though, but then two waiters went back out and are not allowed back in either. I made a back door entrance (and I tried locking it for everyone but employees, which always included the household in the past for locks in my stores and restaurants, but the the owner would not go in there either. So I made it locked for everyone but household. Still won't go in. The two waiters won't either.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Oh yeah, I forgot that the VIP doors affect the way the other doors on the lot work, so my suggestion is useless. I would recommend reporting this on the AHQ.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    It was interesting, @Cupid -- I closed the restaurant and sent the owner home. As soon as their lot appeared (for me), it showed him at work. I clicked (from home) to re-open the restaurant and sent another household member there, and now it appears the employees (including those two waiters) are using the front door and the owners are using the back door. I'm glad that it seemed to clear up after leaving the lot, but I will keep that in mind - that it may effect other locks. It will be inconvenient having the owners need to use the back door, because they usually have to chase down a waiter at least once a shift (if I see the waiter trying to leave in time) to stop them from going on a jog and coming back in their sweats. Good that the sweats seem to only annoy me, not the customers in the restaurant. Gotta love software... sometimes it is just plain hung up and there's no rhyme or reason. Thank God for 'reset' options, huh?
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Due to restrictions, I would never make the restaurant a celebrity only venue. You won't get rich that way. Try making a special room or second floor just for celebrities. There's no guarantee that NPC celebs will go to that room, but if you're playing a celeb, you can pick your own table.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Door locks have been really buggy for the past few months.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Dannydanbo That is a great idea! I will think about that (making a room for celebs). Unfortunately then my owners would not be able to interact with them in the room (since they cannot get past the door), which would make the celebs unhappy (or less happy). I'll look into it. I could get one or two of my owners to 1 or 2 stars of fame, but it would make difficulties for others when downloading from the gallery when I'm done with it. I could make an 'owner' entrance to the room, but that will use up a fair amount of space... I'll have to think about it some. Thank you for the idea, though, as that is very helpful.

@IceyJ Yup, those buggy locks are my old friends... not. ;)https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949036/still-hate-the-cowplant
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    SheriGR wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo That is a great idea! I will think about that (making a room for celebs). Unfortunately then my owners would not be able to interact with them in the room (since they cannot get past the door), which would make the celebs unhappy (or less happy). I'll look into it. I could get one or two of my owners to 1 or 2 stars of fame, but it would make difficulties for others when downloading from the gallery when I'm done with it. I could make an 'owner' entrance to the room, but that will use up a fair amount of space... I'll have to think about it some. Thank you for the idea, though, as that is very helpful.

@IceyJ Yup, those buggy locks are my old friends... not. ;)https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949036/still-hate-the-cowplant

If you have sent your sim to the Orchid A Go Go, you will have noticed that the upstairs is for celebrities and has a bouncer.
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo @IceyJ @Cupid Thank you guys so much! In the end I went the suggestion @Dannydanbo made - no celeb door - because I think people may use it for a venue as well, so I figure they can add a celeb door at the entrance to the dining room if they like, or at the front door, and copy the type of tables and chairs downstairs into the upstairs instead of using the upstairs for a venue room/ballroom. I ran it up to the point of the chefs serving the top dishes (excellent lobster, etc.) at 250% to 300% markup and the customers and celebrities seemed to all get along fine in the shared space (other than the naughty little Munch boy that seems to end up there most days to throw paint all over the floor at some point... yup, I'm tempted to put the door up to keep that little rascal out...). They actually seemed to enjoy themselves even better that way, so I left it that way for the upload to the gallery. Anyway, there are a number of alternative ways the doors can be switched out, and I left the fencing and gate at the back of the building in case they need that for the owners to enter through. Starlight Accolade Dining

Thank you all for your input and help!! :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    You're welcome and I'll check it out soon.