Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you gone bored with Get Famous lately?

Β«13
Anyone else having a content-burnout with the EP lately? Share your thoughts on how you play with Get Famous at the moment.
y'all got bread?

Have you gone bored with Get Famous lately? 164 votes

Yes πŸ˜‘ - got tired of it already
10%
sillehbeefadingaudioBagoas77yuppgraventhemintycupcakeSavvySimmielocketologyMidnightAurashnailehEricasFreePlaybelpitabooo0ooothenightcourtsnarklesRae357BoxofLemons 17 votes
No πŸ™‚ - I’m still enjoying it, a true gamechanger
54%
GalacticGalIcewolfNighteyesalan650111IceyJdavidp0418FlamingoKicker1BlkBarbiegalCaszidy215Colorist40StilettoBlackPlayerSinger2010imhappydanacnbrettStormkeepVibseSimpatsyannmcruddIsb917simm621 89 votes
Not yet πŸ™ƒ - the clock is ticking - time will only tell
30%
mikepapaycikJaiSeaKamb64jeepjeepcataelias24AlexaiHowGreatThouArtUmbralFlowerariss101Jprp83luthienrisingmock68barracuda1574KiaraSims4ModsmjalletKatiardguezPegasyssimmietimetaydevRipleyrawr 50 votes
Meh πŸ˜’ - imma wait for the next pack
4%
JeanBen1010Nivyxmercy55funMoonfoxNightcrywormstache999JeffL1965xxnearlyperfectx 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Personally, it would only be a matter of time β€˜till I totally obliviate this pack and forget the it even existed.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Not me, I haven't really scratched the surface of it yet. Played 2 generations of my game and haven't dipped my toe into most of the GF content yet, other than the fame and reputation system. With how the fame and reputation system are interacting with the older careers and neighborhoods, I'm quite enjoying it.

It may actually be a long while before I ever dig into the new career and social media stuff that GF added. I randomize traits for the kids as they are born, and until I get a trait that nudges one in that direction, won't get to experience it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Stormkeep I'm pretty much the same with new content. I only explore new features if it makes sense for my current Sim/family. That way I don't burn out too fast.

I chose the third option because while I am enjoying the pack, I wouldn't call it a gamechanger based on how I normally play. But I also do not think I will get bored of it soon either. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    STILL having a good time with this pack, since I've been lingering longer on other sim families for like a few hours before I'll decide to rotate. :p Clocked in a lot of hours with this pack and mostly been playing with sims with other careers and playing more with the style influencer career. Have a sim in the acting career, but she hasn't maxed out her career at all, yet probably be awhile before I circle back around to her too.

Only natural for one to get burned out on stuff at one point or another when you get so much of it. Sounds like me when I use to eat cinnabuns all the time. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I know that it's gonna get old eventually, but as for now, I truly enjoy it. :)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not me because I'm still no where near close to getting even one sim to becoming celebrity yet :D
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t own it, but I’ve played my friends copy for a good six or seven hours and I was bored. I have no desire to play it again.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I have plenty to explore with my sim family. Playing a family allows me to play with a mixture of sims. My father sim has gained promotion in detective work. Felicity chats about her art work and sells them to collectors. The twins are learning to talk. Emily is improving her drama.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,968 Member
    My Sim just became a Newcomer, so I'm still nowhere ... :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories πŸ¦‡ and an ongoing ghost story πŸ‘».
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idiπŸ€ͺts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! πŸ‘‹
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Not at all. I haven't even topped the fame yet on any of my sims from my save.

I'm still discovering things and I think I will be for a while.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Sort of, to be honest. I felt that I uncovered just about everything there was to this pack on the first day that I played it. The only thing left for me to "explore" would be some of the quirks I haven't gotten yet and the various career popups.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (β—‘β€Ώβ—‘βœΏ)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not at all bored with it. I feel like I want to explore it on every sim type I make and career though so it's kind of almost paralyzing on thinking of what to do next at times. So mostly I'm just playing as usual and enjoying the changes as I see them or when they apply to the sim I'm playing.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,912 Member
    For me, at this moment in time, Sims4 is my favorite game. Getting toddlers returned was a huge boost, plus now, I can have a singer Sim, too. It's like having one's cake and eating it. And since my favorite singing star just achieved Global Superstar, no I'm not tired of GF. I still have much to do. I intend to have his next younger brother become a Renown World Surgeon as he was in Sims3. Also, their mother is an Artist of Intergalactic fame, so I need to work on her star level. Much to do, still.

I may even choose to have their baby brother (who is only a child in the game) become an actor, who knows? I've only dabbled with that career. We're talking one audition and one gig to date.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I wouldn't call it a gamechanger -- that was more like the addition of toddlers or the Seasons expansion. But I doubt that I'll get bored. I have a teen who's going to work with the music station, and another who wants to become an actress. I have one Sim who lost her job because she blew the whistle on some embezzlement at work and another who jumped to the top of her career as a comedian.

To be honest, I think the easiest way to become bored with a pack is to try and do everything possible in the new expansion as quickly as possible. I just keep playing with my families in rotation and add in the new material as it seems appropriate. That way I'm playing the Sims rather than just the new pack.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited December 2018
    I didn't play much but honnestly I think it's the most reusable EP. I'm not saying it's the best! But honnestly, there's so much to explore! It's the first time in TS4 that I can play a whole day without having the feeling that I already explored everything.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Because of how fame is actually integrated, I don't think I'll get bored with it for a long time. If the only way to explore the fame system was through acting, that would be a different story. I enjoy that I can have a sim who's primarily a "freelance" musician (or artist or writer) but does occasional acting gigs to bring in money without needing a career that takes 8 hours a day from their creative time. I also like that GF basically encourages you to change up your sim's career from time to time through reputation. I never used to play like that, but now I can imagine having a sim who is working a desk job but gets offered something more exciting and makes a big life change.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Are you kidding? I created my own versions of Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman last weekend and they're well on their way to becoming super villains. I'm having too much fun playing them.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Not yet. I try to pace myself and not play too much otherwise I get bored fast. That's true for most things in my life lol #shortattentionspan
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I looked around the neighborhood, switched my Sim's career to the Influencer career, got her one of the 2 Interviews she needed for her first promotion, looked around in CAS (before I knew about the CAS Aging bug) and then quit the game. Haven't touched it since.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I've been enjoying it so far. I've played for about 7 hours total so far, and I have one sim who's a level 8 Stylist, and another sim is doing content creation, but she is fairly low. I haven't even touched the music station or the acting career. I've only gotten one of my sims to 2 fame stars so far, and I really like the challenge. Barely even touched the reputation system yet.

Still not happy about the map size and a few other things, but overall I think this pack has a decent chunk of content to occupy me for a while. :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I looked around the neighborhood, switched my Sim's career to the Influencer career, got her one of the 2 Interviews she needed for her first promotion, looked around in CAS (before I knew about the CAS Aging bug) and then quit the game. Haven't touched it since.

These are a serious questions and I am not trying to be sarcastic. I am really trying to understand.

How can you be tired of it? You didn't do anything according to your post. Is fame just not something you are into?
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have a young Sim that lived the life of luxury, up to 3 star celebrity and full 'red/bad' reputation. She just got kicked out of her house, forced to an empty lot with no money. Now the fun begins to help her grow as a celebrity, while everyone else hates her. Oh, and she's pregnant, so that will be interesting :wink: I'm just getting into the pack, with the acting career as my next step. But I love how these new elements will affect my future gameplay.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I haven't even had a sim act! Penny just made it to level 2 and I've been playing like crazy
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Nope. The Reputation Syatem is something that I will never get bored at Something that will change how I play The Sims 4 Forever, Just like how Clubs, Calendar, Pets, Retail, and weather did to my game. Just imagine how this new styrem whill change more how we play future packs.
  • Options
    Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am still enjoying it. Not all of my Sims are celebrities and since I do rotational play it makes it different for different families. I have a couple of actors, a couple of youtubers, producers, singers..etc.. I kind of make different stories with youtubers. One of my youtubers specifically makes Inspirational Focused based videos and he does some family videos. He isn't famous but he earns a good living. He is also in the social media career. I have some fitness experts too who are also in the fitness club. Pretty much all of them are youtubers just like real life lol

One thing that is really fun is my famous family. The dad is an actor, mom is a singer, daughter is a fitness youtuber/actress, son is a producer. The mom is the most famous of them all and so is the son. The son has a bad reputation but he just got a luxury suite in the city and he just got engaged to one of my favorite sims. He throws parties every week multiple times a week and he is just so fun to play. Ugh now I have to go play because this thread has gotten me excited.