Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's up with the alien abductions?! Am I asking for trouble?

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
I have three Sims who are all in the Space/Astronaut field. Two are Space Rangers and one is one rung behind that. Not sure if that is part of why this is happening...
Sims-Alien-Abduction-3-web-ready.jpg
Sims-Alien-Abduction-5-web-ready.jpg
And he's baaaaack.... Sims-Alien-Abduction-web-ready.jpg

I decided to move them into the same household again (they are dad and two of his sons) and make a huge space/science themed home. Dad has been abducted one time before (freaked me out - in the middle of my night and his. Gotta keep this guy inside at night I guess ;) . Now tonight... I had just moved this household into the new home/lot a couple of 'Sim hours' before and this guy is supposed to be in bed (same guy abducted before, a Space Ranger)...and suddenly he is out in the back yard and being abducted again!! At least I got it on film this time. Hahaha...

So... is this going to be a regular thing for this guy? If they damage him or keep him I'm not going for that. Sorry, I will pull out the backups. That's a deal-breaker. He is the 'patriarch' of many of my households. So...
• Is there a way to prevent anything damaging?
• Should I be worried?
• I hope my 'space house' won't be a beacon for Aliens or anything. If you have the observatory or any other particular items are you asking for it?

If you want to see his abduction, here it is on video:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFQrecqRVA
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Your house looks so cool!
    I don't know, I haven't had an abduction in (real) years. I'm not sure what triggers them apart from that object you can make as a scientist.
    Also, the only thing that can happen to him is that he comes back pregnant with a baby alien in which case when the baby is born you can keep it or sending it back to its planet. Don't worry about your sim dying because of the abductions though. He will always come back.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @AlbaWaterhouse Thank you, that helps a lot to know! Maybe he can't get 'pregnant' anyway since they have 8 in the household. ;)

Thank you for your kind words about the house! I read about a 'Mars Habitation' build challenge and started this lot with that in mind (needed to be a specific size, self contained, plants, work and living areas, etc.) then realized the thread was for Sims 3! (Sims 4 has already done the challenge).

So... I made a household with my three space-career sims and their families, moved them into a lot to accumulate the income and plants needed to love into this huge place, and modified some of the outdoor stuff so it did not look quite as boxy and had a small backyard and deck. It's still almost entirely indoors. Upstairs work and plants (scientist equipment, astronaut equipment, florist/gardener equipment and plants), main floor living area (like a house), and basement exercise and entertainment stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun making it, and even made a 'Community Garden Space' park with a space theme for across the street (in my gallery). If you want it for your world I will upload to my gallery when it's done which should be pretty soon (within a week or so). Have to test it out a bit for functionality with my Sims. Anyway, thank you!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i wouldn't be surprised if astronauts have a greater likelihood of being abducted than most other sims (with scientists and potentially doctors ahead of them. my vampire doctor is the third most abducted sim in my game, behind two scientists). one of my astronaut sims has been abducted more than a few times, too, but his wife is a scientist (and an alien) and they have all kinds of scientist stuff around the house

as alba said, don't worry about your sim getting abducted, they'll always return a few hours later with either a dazed or a focused moodlet from it. and, since the household has 8 sims, you're right, none will ever get pregnant (but, with less than 8, any male abducted has a chance to return pregnant. even elders. keep that in mind). i'm personally a fan of the aliens in sims 4 (though would have loved them to get the vampire treatment) so like to try and keep abduction babies, but have sent several back home if they didn't fit the stories i had in mind for the sims that had them (other sims, i'd totally changed their stories to fit the aliens)

if you'd like to stop the chance for abductions (or make it more common!) without mods, you can either get a sim into the scientist career and have them work on breakthroughs until they can make the satellite dish (upgrading it is a bonus) or just cheat it in from using the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat. it lets you either summon aliens (either bringing them to visit the lot or making abductions more likely for the day) or keep them away for 24 hours. (it also introduces a new channel on tv when it's on a lot). but apparently the best way to keep abductions at bay is to want them to happen...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @kalaksed Thank you! I will keep this info in mind. I made the upstairs prepped for scientists also but don't have any in this household. I haven't played that career since Sims 2. Maybe I'll get one or two of the other Sims in the household into that career and check it out (together!). Could be fun...
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've found that astronauts and scientists are the most prone to abductions -- I had an astronaut I was playing actively and he got abducted tiwce, coming home pregnant both times. He was a single dad; his sister helped him raise his daughter Vela, his son Castor he pretty much raised on his own.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @stilljustme2 Well... at least he's a sweet guy and has raised kids and grandkids fine... ;)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2018
    The current sim I'm playing is in the Scientist profession and is currently pregnant for the third time due to abductions, mainly because I keep forgetting to activate the "Prevent Abductions" option on the satellite dish. I was just about ready to send him off to Selvadorada too, now he'll have to wait a few days before his holiday. :neutral:

Edit: @SheriGR Brilliant lot. :)
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Thank you, @TheStarHermit ! I just moved my family in to test the lot and prep/add all of the plants I want, but I will be uploading it to my gallery in Origin when complete, if you want to download and try it out with your scientist! May need to add some other adult sims to the mix, as it set up for 8 and a bit pricy. Once you get into for a week or so to get the plants harvestable, though, you will soon be very rich.
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Getting abducted isn’t just for scientist and astronauts though, if you have a high logic and have been using the telescope to gaze into the sky you’ll get abducted as well. My sims a doctor and was he abducted plenty of times, I dislike aliens for this reason. Every time he came back pregnant too. I try not to raise my logic skill as high with my male sims so they don’t get abducted
  • Options
    My sim is a scientist and gets abducted almost every night unless I prevent it, he’s only come back pregnant once so I don’t mind much because it makes him focused for four hours which is good for his work
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Man, you guys are lucky! I think I had one abduction ever in TS4 before they messed with the chances of getting abducted and lowered it so much. :(
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    When and where do I get to see Aliens?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Aliens came with Get to Work. If you have it installed, you can find them in the worlds.
  • Options
    Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    Poor Sim! Just trying to do his own thing! 😄
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Why is it that those who long for something end up waiting, and waiting and waiting (if they ever get it at all) --- and those who would rather not, can't get rid of it? :p:*:/:Do:)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If you have a lot of space rocks in your house you'll have higher chance of getting abducted.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    My Sim Heath who was homeless at the time, no logic skills, no job, etc., was abducted while tending his yard sale table in the Spice Market common area. Until reading this thread, I couldn't figure out why. I figured it had to be a totally random occurrence, or the fact he was outside after Midnight. I'm thinking now it's because he took a rocket for a spin during Geekcon.

Must be the aliens are watching anybody that travels in space with a rocket and decided he might be a good specimen to examine. He also had come back with an alien in a jar, which he sold on the yard sale table that night. Maybe that had something to do with it too, like with the space rocks? Anyway, thankfully he didn't come back preggers though, just dazed.

Thanks for the insightful information @Sigzy05 :)