Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else have an attic

I love having an attic or a room where a put all of my furniture and things that my sims aren't using but will use again mine is pretty full its got all there holiday stuff in it that
07-04-18_3-58-56_PM.png

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    That's such a cute idea. I never think to put attics in my houses—I'll have to try it sometime.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I just use family inventories but I do like this idea! Would definitely be a cute place to store holiday decorations.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I built an attic once for a couple I had who were experiencing marital woes. The husband slept on a blow up mattress up there. I filled it with lots of cobwebs, cracks, and clutter.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have for one of my households. It's the parents of my current household so in their attic they have kid's beds and stuff and I pretend it's old stuff that they kept since their children moved out.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    We need ladders! It would be great to have an attic with a ladder coming down from it.
  • Options
    jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    I do haha, for the same reason you do. Holiday decorations.
  • Options
    Taylor_MTaylor_M Posts: 30 Member
    Wow, I never really thought bout having an attic in-game but it looks to be very cool!
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I do have quite a few houses that have attics, but I often use them as play rooms for the kids, or as a study. I do sometimes build storage space in there with random clutter. Gameplay wise I usually use the family inventory, but that's often because I rarely move my Sims out of their starter homes. I am about to build a new, bigger, house for my current family though, so maybe I'll use the attic storage idea :)

Some examples:
    Like this one (it's rather vast):
    tumblr_p6kengufxK1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg

Or this one (kinda empty, but I wanted to stay within a certain budget, so I didn't spend it on clutter):
    tumblr_p2k89gmBCU1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg

I found another!:
    tumblr_or3fc792991v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

This is one of those classical, study in the attic type rooms:
    tumblr_olzinfn0ue1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg

I also like putting art studios in attics (this one pre-dates the glass roofs, so I had to improvise with the glass dancefloor):
    tumblr_o91c6yKpDw1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg

And I did use this one for one of my stories:
    tumblr_p1h4siga331v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    OMG! I just did this with my build I'm working on now! Half for storage, half for my teen to do her music and art!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2018
    I found some screenshots of the husband's attic room! I wish I had more of the rest of the house (cluttered mess with old holiday decorations still up, old birthday banners up, lots of clothes piles, cobwebs, file boxes, exposed drywall in some spots, and cracking foundation) but hopefully these two images of the attic will give you an idea. They lived in one of the large premade homes in Oasis Springs that I very slightly renovated to include an attic. The idea is that it was once a respectable family home owned by wealthy people, but all three sims (husband, wife, and daughter) had the slob trait and simply didn't care about upkeep of the house. I believe they all had the snob trait too.

The door next to the lamp lead to a makeshift walk-in closet, because priorities, you know?

20pc95c.png

j9pjxd.png
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa