Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Festivals STILL mixing!?

Seriously, I thought this was meant to be fixed! How is my sim meant to enjoy her sakura tea when there is an observatory in her way!?

pcfJyik.png

Although, she was angry before she left because people kept throwing petals at her! :D
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I am lucky to have never once seen this issue.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I don't know why I still do.. It's rather annoying I must say!
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2018
    This exact same thing happened to me! The Romance Festival was there the entire week and GeekCon was practically unusable. The only way I found to fix it was to stay til the end of the next Romance Festival (which for some reason another one spawned so there was 2 of everything) and then everything should disappear. Luckily I was playing in one of the apartments in that district at the time so it didn't matter so much having to wait til the end. But it sure is annoying having to wait out til 2am with my sims each time they visit that festival! I wish this bug would get fixed.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m sorry this is happening, I’ve neve read this happen either.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip @hannaaj22

I just ended up leaving because it was s pointless. I'll try ck around next time she see what happens. It does really need fixing, this isn't the first time I have had it happen.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I wonder if it was ever fixed. Anyway, always stay until the festival is fully cleaned up. I added bedrooms to the karaoke bars for that reason and I usually have a couple of beds in the arts centre too. Doesn't mean nothing will overlap though, there could still be a couple of regular stalls and tables in the way, but most objects will remain usable.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Seriously, I thought this was meant to be fixed! How is my sim meant to enjoy her sakura tea when there is an observatory in her way!?

pcfJyik.png

Although, she was angry before she left because people kept throwing petals at her! :D

I just had the same thing !
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    This is why I just stay on the lot until it disappears
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I started a fresh save for Seasons with the hope that my merging festivals would finally be fixed (like it was supposed to be with a previous patch) and so far my Spice Festival and Flea Markets are working correctly and I almost cried the first time because they have been broken since CL released and I was just so happy, lol.

My Romance and Geek festivals haven't been overlapping but the every day stalls, tables, lights and busking stations have been overlapping with each other AND those two festivals. SIGH. There just isn't any winning it seems.

Come on Gurus, this is a major feature of the CL expansion. Fix it once and for all!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    edited July 2018
    CL is the worst expasion with bugs, and it needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I didn't even know this one has a supposed fix I just keep my sims there until the festival ends and make sure that everything is cleared. It means that my sims don't go to the festivals as much as I would probably send them otherwise.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member

pcfJyik.png

Although I understand this is partially unusable due to objects spawning on top of eachother, I really enjoy the concept of the festivals being smooshed together. The cool, blues and metals of GeekCon with the bright cheery pink of the Romance Festival flashing through is hectic and exciting. Instead of stopping the festivals from happening simultaneously, they should totally just have an alternate setup that is a usable version of the combined festivals.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Glad I never had anything like this in my game :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited July 2018
    It seems to be only these two festivals, specifically, because they're the only ones appearing back to back in the same square.
    Basically there are three ways of dealing with this:

1. Hardcore: Never visit GeekCon
    2. Live in the neighbourhood. Then the problem never happens, since you are "staying the duration of the festival" just by being on your lot.
    3. Make sure you stay at GeekCon until it has completely "uninstalled" itself before going home. First time I did this I had to have a Sim napping on a parch bench the whole night. Basically make sure at least one Sim in your family has enough Energy to last past midnight without collapsing or missing work the day after.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is why I rarely go the festivals because usually I just want to drop in, say hi, buy food and or drink, try a few things out and then just GO! I don't want to have to wait for the darn thing to end but I don't dare to leave, when I do finally go because I am afraid of getting this bug.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Thank you for all the tips. I am also still having this issue. I actually stopped going to the festivals for a time. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I had the bug bad and now if I go I sleep on a bench and stay to the end. Also can visit the karaoke bar while waiting. The last Geekcon I went to it rained and nothing worked but socially it was good to go.
  • Options
    I agree. I had heard the stay till the end to fix it,but I just don't want to have to stsy that long! It was meant to have been fixed in a patch aggges ago.