Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing Floors doesn't work how it used to

I remember we could make lofts and more open second floors and basements if we made a room around the area and remove the floor. This isn't working for me anymore and all I want is to widen the open space around the stairs. All the old trick is doing is removing floor tiles leaving grass when I want the whole thing GONE. How do I do this now?
My speculations on hints for future content:
-Cars Update
-Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
-Hotel Pack
-Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
-Bands Pack
-Royalty Pack
-Fashion Design Pack
-Fairies Pack
-Werewolf Pack
-France-inspired World

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Did you try the sledgehammer?
  • Options
    Momma_JibiMomma_Jibi Posts: 42 Member
    Basically your second and first floor rooms need to match. So, you have to remove both the floor of the second floor and the ceiling of the first floor. If they don't match, it won't be removable unless you make an even smaller room within that where you want there to still be a floor/ceiling.

First make your rooms, one on top of the other:
    yX3eLoZ.jpg
    IY65ktI.png

Then remove the floor of the top story:
    CSpkl5d.jpg

Then you need to click the yellow portion to remove the ceiling of the bottom story while on the top story after the floor has been removed (you may have to "remove the ceiling" then "build" it, then remove it again for it to actually go away):
    2RQsmHW.jpg

You're left with an open floor where you can add rooms and doors and such as you wish:
    gYL3Pwa.jpg
    0IcIg90.jpg
    vaJ25o0.jpg
  • Options
    Momma_JibiMomma_Jibi Posts: 42 Member
    If you want a grand entrance, make a room in the hallway's shape around the edges and build the ceiling:
    L4yRQtT.jpg

Then remove the walls on the lower floor's hall:
    Z6i97c8.jpg

Then you can add doors, furniture and design to your heart's content!:
    Whs3Hj3.jpg