Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to stop vampires go out in daylight

because it scares the plum outta me! I am now with a club in Windenburg's gym and the gym trainer is Lilith Vatore. Now she walked safely inside and is now training the plum outta my clubmembers but I am really worried about her. I haven't played her household yet, and not sure I will anytime soon but I don't want to loose her or any of the other vamps just yet.

So...how do I handle this? I'm not adversed using a mod to fix it if I have to.

Comments

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »

Ah, yeah thanks. That is awesome but no. I am not interested in changing their nature. Just prevent them from daywalking and going poof :smiley:
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    dizzydee_k wrote: »

Ah, yeah thanks. That is awesome but no. I am not interested in changing their nature. Just prevent them from daywalking and going poof :smiley:

Yes. I'd prefer they traveled only at night as well. Not found anything that does that. The DayWalker mod gives all Vampires the Sun Resistant power. But that does kind of spoil the frisson of having Vampires. :p
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My vampires are in their coffins during daylight hours just like "real" vampires should be. I use the hibernate option and wake them when I want to.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2018
    Teen vampires are the worst offenders in my save. I had one go back outside to do her homework at the picnic table and she nearly fried before I caught her in time. She was already in the house because I make sure they don't stand outside the house too long after school and go inside. Then again, I figure if they are not smart enough to know stay inside, natural selection and all that. :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Before I had to just leave the lot. Now I use MCCC and the cheat to make a sim leave the lot. Works wonder the your neighbor is crashing your romantic date out in the garden as well.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Wait, I thought the Vatore siblings were immune to sunlight? Unless in some of my early vampire saves they were just glitching :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Wait, I thought the Vatore siblings were immune to sunlight? Unless in some of my early vampire saves they were just glitching :-/

When I purchased Vampires for Halloween 2017 I immediately went to play the Vatores. Caleb already came with full sun immunity while Lilith only has lvl 1 of Sun Resistance.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

When I purchased Vampires for Halloween 2017 I immediately went to play the Vatores. Caleb already came with full sun immunity while Lilith only has lvl 1 of Sun Resistance.

Oh, that makes sense (I haven't played their household yet)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

Lilith is actually not immune to sunlight only Caleb is.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    My sims old house had a bbq out the front that EVERYONE was drawn to. Can't tell you how many times my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims strolled out into the daylight to fry up some burgers.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Also, how to stop vampires from going out in daylight? Lock the doors on 'em. Unless they cheat and use Bat/Mist form to spite you.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    yup, big problem with npc vamps. Vlad has died at least 4 times in various games of mine due to this. Sigh--why you gotta make vampires so dumb, maxis?
  • Options
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I went to the Humor and Hijinks festival, only to have it ruined by the death of a vampire. Instead of fun and jokes, everyone was just sad the whole time.
    auCu0sP.png
    It was even nighttime gosh darnit! Like, at least 8-9pm! I swear it was dark out!

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I went to the Humor and Hijinks festival, only to have it ruined by the death of a vampire. Instead of fun and jokes, everyone was just sad the whole time.
    auCu0sP.png
    It was even nighttime gosh darnit! Like, at least 8-9pm! I swear it was dark out!

Oh jeez, yeah, I really do not trust San Myshuno to be vampire-friendly for this reason. They'll be sizzling even if it's starting to get dark outside. That's why I immediately try to get them indoors until I'm sure they can go out, like, after 9 PM. Sure, this causes them to miss out on most of the festival, but is it really worth being burned to death for?

As for the NPC vampire ai, EA really needs to make sure they don't accidentally walk outside while the sun is out. I haven't really had this problem myself yet, though that's probably because I mostly play with them myself and don't make them go outside unless it's late enough.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    auCu0sP.png

Oh jeez, yeah, I really do not trust San Myshuno to be vampire-friendly for this reason. They'll be sizzling even if it's starting to get dark outside. That's why I immediately try to get them indoors until I'm sure they can go out, like, after 9 PM. Sure, this causes them to miss out on most of the festival, but is it really worth being burned to death for?

As for the NPC vampire ai, EA really needs to make sure they don't accidentally walk outside while the sun is out. I haven't really had this problem myself yet, though that's probably because I mostly play with them myself and don't make them go outside unless it's late enough.

Yeah, she was a NPC, so I didn't even notice she was there till the grim reaper showed up. I really wish vamps would just stay away until they're safe from the sun. Super annoying.