The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't finish outdoor enthusiast aspiration with Never Weary trait

My Sim will just not sleep 6 hours in a tent. Any workaround? I'm frustrated!

Comments

• Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I don't think it has to be six hours in a row. It's been a while since I did that aspiration thingy.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Aspiration requirements are rarely do anything for multiple hours in a row rather it's completed by accumulating them hours over time so you can probably do it via short bursts or maybe even napping (Is there a Nap in the Tent option I can't even remember(.

Otherwise you could either cheat to temporarily remove the trait and give it back. Or you could cheat and complete out the aspiration tier and move onto the next part of it/complete it out.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Nope, it doesn't work... not getting credit at all. Tried from 9pm to 6am two days in a row, kept waking up every 3 hours, never got any credit.

I guess I'll just start over for another Sim... they need to fix it :(
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Francl27 Not sure this is possible with a Sim that has the Never Weary trait without using a cheat to remove the reward trait temporarily as suggested by @3KNPen It was possible before the patch update, you just had to wait until they were tired enough. But now, their sleep bar never goes down with that trait. I think if you had Sometimes Weary it would work, but take a lonnng time waiting for the bar to deteriorate for each of the 5 night's sleep required.

I do know that you can't wake up the Sim yourself to complete the task. You have to let them sleep in the tent until they wake up naturally. Plus, they can't do it in short bursts. Each of the 5 nights has to be one full night's sleep which is generally at least 6 hours.

I've completed this aspiration a few times and I always had to wait until my Sim's sleep meter was orange/red before sending him to sleep in the tent. Lastly, don't queue up anything else after sending them to sleep or they might wake up too soon to fulfill that task. Hope some of this helps! :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably best bet would be to count it as completed and use the
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone

to complete that stage.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This frustrates me to no end at times. Sometimes I get a ding ... sometimes I don't. Then you have to wait a full day (or two) to try again. If you are in an active career and get pulled to work you also won't get credit for sleeping in a tent. I couldn't get sleeping in a tent to work for vampires at all.. I did finally just give up.
    The one thing I use to do... was have a sim with the piper trait make another sim sleepy with music. For some reason that worked really well for me... but I had to have two sims and one with a completed musical aspiration to achieve it. You can use other powers and potions though I'm sure to decrease your sims energy enough so that they will sleep through the night. I felt all smart and stuff doing it then but it's not really a great option to depend on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have just completed this aspiration myself with two of my sims and it was really difficult. I found three problems:- Firstly, it did not seem to work if the two sims slept in the tent together - one would get a point and the other would not. It seemed that I had to make them attempt the aspiration separately, and even on separate nights.

Secondly, ever since Cats & Dogs, I have had the problem where my sims tend to wake up every few hours, instead of sleeping right through the night. At first I thought the pets were waking them up, but it seems to happen even when there is no pet in the vicinity. Since six hours means six hours of continuous sleep, this is obviously a problem. I had to try repeatedly before I was lucky enough to have my sims sleep through. Making sure they were utterly exhausted beforehand and didn't need to pee or eat helped, and I also sat over the action queue to cancel out the recurrent urge to read the Wilderness Digest as soon as it appeared, as this would have caused them to wake up early.

And then the third problem - even when my sim slept through, the game did not always register the fact. I could swear that, on at least one occasion (because I watched her like a hawk), my sim slept uninterruptedly for more than six hours, but she still did not notch up a score for doing so. And at one point my male sim's score went back to zero for no apparent reason (he was on 5 at the time), but fortunately the game remembered his actual score, because he was able to complete the aspiration the following night. So it does seem that, apart from all the other difficulties, this aspiration could be bugged.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,214 Member
    There is definitely something wrong with this aspiration. I'm currently at the point where you have to identify all unidentified plants, my sim has already identified them all and the game still claims that half of them are missing. Well... cheating it is then.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    When I get to issues like that or bugs I just use the cheat extension mod to fulfill that step. I've definitely had issues where a date or flirt/kiss didn't register right. I know I completed it so I don't really feel bad about it.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    There is definitely something wrong with this aspiration. I'm currently at the point where you have to identify all unidentified plants, my sim has already identified them all and the game still claims that half of them are missing. Well... cheating it is then.

Yes! I had some leftover on my Sim from her mother, and they were already identified obviously, so my Sim couldn't identify them... Had to cheat out of that one too.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes, this is definitely a problem - I didn't read the fine print and couldn't figure out why my Sim's nights weren't registering. She had the 'never weary' trait before the patch (so it was actually 'seldom weary'). I had to use the cheat to complete that one, and it wasn't the first time with that aspiration, because the fireleaf was not showing up as an 'unidentified' plant. The only one I could find was near the toilets, and despite watering and fertilising and talking to the plant, it could not be harvested, nor could my Sim take a sample for grafting. (The option showed up, and my Sim took the graft, but it did not appear in her inventory.)

It seems like it would be a simple enough fix to eliminate the 'six hours' requirement, and as for the fireleaf, it would appear to be a miscoding for the plant.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2018
    @GrumpyGlowfish
    I thought the plant thing was a mistake also first time I ran into that. What happens for me is one sim has identified the plants and somehow identified plants get into the other sims inventory (they could harvest already identified plants from a garden.. the plants could also have been transferred from one inventory into another) in some way... so you think they are identified because you can see them all labeled in your sims inventory. Unfortunately it might be tricky to find out which it is without clearing your inventory and running around again collecting wild plants. I'm always really careful with this when I bring two sims camping together now cause it can be a pain. You could of course also run into a problem I'm not aware of .. just trying to be helpful with my experience there.

The tent thing though arrghhh.
    I decided to cheat the aspiration done on one sim today and I hate to do that.. but they earned it.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    FrannnnnnnFrannnnnnn Posts: 1 New Member
    I simply cant understand why they dont let you sacrifice traits with the re-trating potion its ridiculous theres a few aspirations i cant complete because of this same problem