Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I get it?

Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
I used to have Sims 2 back in the day. But moved on to Sims 3 and then 4. I've been feeling a little nostalgic and fancy going back to 2. BUT... My discs got lost when I moved out of my parents house years ago. I don't have them and I've even raided my mums house but to no avail!

I just saw that EA gave them away on Origin years ago and I don't know how I missed it! Does anyone know of any way of getting it?
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited March 2018
    There are different sites where you can get the .iso files for free, but I won't link them here. You'll have to search for them yourself.
    That's how I got several stuff packs that I was missing.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I used to have Sims 2 back in the day. But moved on to Sims 3 and then 4. I've been feeling a little nostalgic and fancy going back to 2. BUT... My discs got lost when I moved out of my parents house years ago. I don't have them and I've even raided my mums house but to no avail!

I just saw that EA gave them away on Origin years ago and I don't know how I missed it! Does anyone know of any way of getting it?

You can just try to contact EA. People are still getting it, even without a disk. You just have to keep trying until you get a good rep that will hand it over. Or you could just buy any disk from the series and use the code on that. Places like Ebay still have some left.

Contacting info in the first post here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Note: If you bought store items or had pre-order bonus items, look for the files you'll be missing with the Ultimate collection at paysitesmustbedestroyed (Can't link here I don't think, so google it.)

Always download safely. ;)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Thank you for your help. I guess I am less likely to get it without the disc but could give it a go. I think I did find my university expansion at my mums but not the base so it was pointless me bringing it back. But if I can use that as prove I had it I may have to go back for it and contact the support team. Thanks!
  • Options
    Note: If you bought store items or had pre-order bonus items, look for the files you'll be missing with the Ultimate collection at paysitesmustbedestroyed (Can't link here I don't think, so google it.)

Is it ever safe to download a game like this.. for free. I'm always a little sceptical. The last thing I want is a pc overrun with viruses!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Is it ever safe to download a game like this.. for free. I'm always a little sceptical. The last thing I want is a pc overrun with viruses!

It's not the game, it's the bonus items from pre-orders and if you had the Store items- not the game at all. :)
  • Options

Specifically, the extra outfits and furniture that came with pre-orders, or that you could buy from the official site, have been backed up there so people who have to re-install and loose them can get them back. It works like any other CC.
  • Options
    Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    zobotxxzobotxx Posts: 10 New Member
    You don't need a disc. Apparently in nz they have the best service?
  • Options
    @JULES1111 It worked and I am amazed! I don't have any of my discs in my house but just thought hey, you don't know till you try. Just got off the chat with a very helpful adviser called Fadi. She said they were a bit reluctant to fulfill requests for the game but she would give it a go for me. And THEY DID IT!! She said she hoped they would because she could see that I am a fan having 3 and 4 in my library and I did explain that I did used to have Sims 2 on discs and she let them know that too. And THEY SAID YES! (Sorry for the excited ramblings I am just in shock!) She said that it was literally one in a thousand they were giving it too. I do feel like that may have been a bit of an exaggeration though!
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @JULES1111 It worked and I am amazed! I don't have any of my discs in my house but just thought hey, you don't know till you try. Just got off the chat with a very helpful adviser called Fadi. She said they were a bit reluctant to fulfill requests for the game but she would give it a go for me. And THEY DID IT!! She said she hoped they would because she could see that I am a fan having 3 and 4 in my library and I did explain that I did used to have Sims 2 on discs and she let them know that too. And THEY SAID YES! (Sorry for the excited ramblings I am just in shock!) She said that it was literally one in a thousand they were giving it too. I do feel like that may have been a bit of an exaggeration though!

Yay! Congrats! I am happy you were able to get it without any problem. Enjoy your game! If you have any issues or need any assistance don't be afraid to ask. Make sure you run the Graphic Rules so the game will recognize your graphics card. :)
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Yay! Congrats! I am happy you were able to get it without any problem. Enjoy your game! If you have any issues or need any assistance don't be afraid to ask. Make sure you run the Graphic Rules so the game will recognize your graphics card. :)

And if you have trouble finding the Graphic Rules maker or starting it up, check my sig for the tutorial. :)
  • Options
    Thank you @JULES1111 and @S@Scribal_Goddess I will check your sig later. I only had time to load it up earlier. I loaded up the neighbourhoods ok without help but would you recommend the graphics rules anyway?
  • Options
    Thank you @JULES1111 and @S@Scribal_Goddess I will check your sig later. I only had time to load it up earlier. I loaded up the neighbourhoods ok without help but would you recommend the graphics rules anyway?

If you can run it with the resolution you want, I wouldn't bother. But the tutorial has a variety of other instructions for graphics and setup troubleshooting, should you need it.
  • Options
    Perfect. Thank you for the help. :)