Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's more fun? Vet, Restaurant or Retail?

I am thinking of letting the next generation in my household own a business. But what? What's your experience (never owned a business in Sims 4 myself)?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    I'd like to join in no this convo as I have had the same questions. So I am going to respond hoping others will help you to find an answer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    They are almost similar. I think I'd go with the retail for the sole purpose that every household member can work there and do different things. You can have one sim craft whatever your store sells, wood works, photographs, baked food or paintings, have another sim in the register and other attending the costumers. In dine out you can only do one thing, the management.

On that note TS4 really needs more crafting objects. Candle making, glass shaping, sewing, sculpting etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    @Sigzy05 My family will be in other professions; but the time that generation is a YA, I will have at least 3 max level (in their respective careers) sims on the lot.
    If I had started a household from scratch though... Good tip, thank you.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If you want the business to be run by multiple sims within the household, definitely go with either retail or the vet, as stated above by someone else, with retail you can have some sims craft items to sell, while others ring customers up, etc. While in the vet business you can have a sim be the vet, while their child takes care of cleaning the place up or whatever task you may think of for other sims.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My Sim is a DVM (I'm a real life animal lover). I'm going to hire a second vet soon to help with the amount of pets coming in, but I love that I'm helping animals - even if they can't die of illnesses (only old age).

Have yet to try retail, but I've already built a music store for a different Sim.

Don't have DINE OUT (yet), but from what I understand, the customers don't stay in their own seats and will wander around the restaurant.

Hope this helps you.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    My Sim is a DVM (I'm a real life animal lover). I'm going to hire a second vet soon to help with the amount of pets coming in, but I love that I'm helping animals - even if they can't die of illnesses (only old age).

Have yet to try retail, but I've already built a music store for a different Sim.

Don't have DINE OUT (yet), but from what I understand, the customers don't stay in their own seats and will wander around the restaurant.

Hope this helps you.

Just don't put stereos or anything fun on the lot that makes them get up of their seats. Especially don't put pools on a restaurant. Sims will be constantly getting up to swim.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    From the one time I playtested owning a vet, I actually liked it. It is generally the few things that I immediately like the system of when I play it out, so I would recommend owning one.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    I like the vet most, maybe because its new. Second to that would be restaurant.
    If you like going with your sims to work i'd choose vet because it's similar to that the most in my opinion.