Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hacked

Honestly I'm not sure where to put this but someone tried to hack my sims account. When I tried to sign into origin it wouldn't let me. I noticed an e-mail from EA after realizing that the e-mail to reset my password was not arriving.

The content of the e-mail (which I changed some of the e-mail to **** so not to break any forum rules):

-- On January 1, 2018 8:55:43 GMT PM, the primary email address linked with your EA Account was changed to:

sims****@bk.ru --

They did not hack my e-mail so I was able to get my account back. However I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else and is there anything else I can do beside change my password (which I already did)?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,643 Member
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

To add to the above, there are additional steps that you can take to help secure your EA Account:
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited January 2018
    Honestly I'm not sure where to put this but someone tried to hack my sims account. When I tried to sign into origin it wouldn't let me. I noticed an e-mail from EA after realizing that the e-mail to reset my password was not arriving.

The content of the e-mail (which I changed some of the e-mail to **** so not to break any forum rules):

-- On January 1, 2018 8:55:43 GMT PM, the primary email address linked with your EA Account was changed to:

sims****@bk.ru --

They did not hack my e-mail so I was able to get my account back. However I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else and is there anything else I can do beside change my password (which I already did)?
    Woah!

2 stage verification can be pointless if the email has been compromised.

However, you need to assume your email address IS compromised and you need to make sure you change your password on your email account - ie the one registered to Origin.

The point being, you can change your Origin password, etc; however, with a compromised email account, someone can intercept an authentication email.

[*Post edited to remove discussion of moderation - EA_Mage]
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    edited January 2018
    That happened to me in the past quit a lot but i had more than one email confirmed to that account so in the end EA changed my email and i have had no problems since (touching wood) i created a new email and only use it for the sims and origin nothing else i also change my password monthly and use 2step verification set up as well of security questions .(edit) in case of confusion in origin there is a option to add a extra email to add to security measure's i only did this because i was fighting a loosing battle only EA can change the email you use for the account in my case i was so fed up i rang to close my account to stop them haking it but everything worked out in the end hope you get sorted out