Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Go To The Movies -- Malpractice Comic ((NEW 04/24))

KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
N314TBA.jpg

In this mini series I aim to use these 8 in-game posters as inspiration to create the classics the posters are advertising!
EJcrOmn.png

First up is Still Life, a short love story that shows mannequins have hearts, too.

uTpjebn.png

Malpractice: Mini Series ((Casting Call: Doctors, Nurses, Patients))
This flu season, the doctors are IN!

As part of the new Let's Go To The Movies/ series, I'm going to be featuring Malpractice as an overly dramatic comic series in the new year. Casting will consist of 6 doctors, 6 nurses, and a new patient each comic. The doctors and nurses will be paired up randomly by dice roll. Each doctor and nurse's behavior will be heavily dependent on their quirk.

XZMWyF2.png

Currently in need of:
1 Doctor
Patients!

Please fill out the form below to submit a Sim!
Sim's Name:
EA Name:
Personality:
Role: (Doctor, Nurse, or Patient)
If Doctor/Nurse: What is their quirk?
If Patient: What are their symptoms?

Meet the current staff:
Doctors
wjHfPqr.jpg
1. Doctor Roger Hartman
Roger has been a doctor for over 10 years and claims to have charmed every nurse that has ever worked at this hospital. He knows exactly how to cure what ails you, which is surely a broken heart. Quirk: Flirts with everyone. Everyone.

esVzJoB.jpg
2. Doctor Thomas Payne
The youngest doctor on the floor, and somehow one of the most requested. No one has ever seen Thomas actually treat a patient, but some claim to have found him hyperventilating in the storage closet on more than one occasion. Quirk: Has no idea what he's doing.

K484Hho.jpg
3. Doctor Alvin Chang
Alvin takes his job extremely seriously and has little patience for the inexperienced - that goes for staff and customers! He takes on a lot of cases and does not have time for small talk or slow examinations. Quirk: Diagnoses purely off of family history and chart results.

QPMv3Is.jpg
4. Doctor Colby "Cheese" Grace
Colby comes from a kind of loving family who has always taught him to care about others. He was an excellent student and can recall almost anything he read in a textbook if you ask, but has terrible bedside manner. Quirk: Germaphobic, hates touching patients.

oyGdXRV.jpg
5. Dr. Hope Seidman (submitted by lillibattenberg)
An odd mixture of sensitive and blunt. Quirk: Has a crush she's embarrassed about.

6. To be filled

Nurses
gxuoTkk.jpg
1. Kody Mott (Submitted by Bugsie2016)
Kody tries his best to fit in and do the best he can but after working as a Nurse for a few years he realised he wants to become a doctor but he's too scared to try and change it now. Quirk: Impatient with colleagues.

dTpqJnf.jpg
2. Jada Benson
Jada wishes she had been born a man, but loves her female body. After watching her father and older brothers while she was growing up, she started to copy some of the things they did, such as peeing standing up and randomly smacking the behinds of females. She also has a habit of burping and farting in public and putting the empty milk carton back in the fridge. Quirk: Acts like a man.

ccyubWt.jpg
3. Margo Cote (submitted by Infragreen)
She's quick to order imaging as the first line of diagnosis (totally not to say hi to the cute radiologist) and won't let the doctors disagree with her. And it's always a heart issue. Why wouldn't it be? She's had to spend most of her life with her brother Jacob Cote. Quirk: Always orders imaging.

4. Reserved for @mojot89

VCeVJus.jpg
5. Natalie Espinosa (submitted by Minez)
Her quirk, or hang up is that while she's really smart and has great bedside manner, she freezes when she has to make a decision. She always second guesses herself. Maybe its because she's new, but not a good thing to have going on when your responsible for keeping someone alive long enough for the doctor to get there.... Quirk: Can't make decisions.

nebaElN.jpg
6. Valerie Straus (submitted by darkravensoul)
Nurse Valerie can be quite sarcastic and snappy. She is very serious about their work and will talk anyone down who is slacking of or lacking in doing their job, caring for the patient. (These are human beings we talk about!) But as strict she is with herself and her colleagues she is with her patients to. No slacking of or laziness just because you are sick. Want to be washed completely by the nurses? Apparently loosing a foot also means using both your arms. Always want to be driven by in a wheelchair? Sure that's how you learn to walk again, your muscles get pumped that way. Smoking? Your COPD condition will surely get better by that. Sharp-tongued, sarcastic and strict she is not exactly popular at first with them. But the long-term patients and the other nurses respect her and rely on Valerie as she is the one who steps up for them and fights with teeth and claws for their rights. Quirk: Very strict with people

Patients
1. Sweetheart Stuart (submitted by lilypadmeulin)
2. Veta Ramey (reserved for superkyle221)
3. Jacob Cote (submitted by Infragreen)
4. Sam Pancakes (submitted by Bugsie2016)
5. Maddox Lewis (submitted by DarkRavenSoul)
6. Julia Angelista (submitted by DarkRavenSoul)
7. Jolene Beauchamp (submitted by DarkRavenSoul)
D2vFwMN.jpg
My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
Post edited by Karilan on

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Karilan What packs do you have? Currently working on my nurse submission and patient. :)
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Sim's Name: Sweetheart Stuart
    EA Name: lilypadmeulin
    Personality: Disney Princess. Imagine Snow White, but a rich blond girl instead. So sweet it's annoying.
    Role: (Doctor, Nurse, or Patient) Patient!
    If Doctor/Nurse: What is their quirk?
    If Patient: What are their symptoms? Hallucinations, sickness, loss of appetite.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @Karilan What packs do you have? Currently working on my nurse submission and patient. :)

I have Get Together, Get To Work, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, and no stuff packs.

Thanks @lilypadmeulin you'll be the first patient!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I've got a patient for you, but it'll have to wait until I get home...
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    Thanks Kyle! No rush on patients, they can line up. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,285 Member
    I've got a doctor for you, and she's female!
    Sim's Name: Dr. Hope Seidman
    EA Name: CandyCreeper42
    Personality: An odd mixture of sensitive and blunt. Prone to talking to her patients like this:
    "It's hopeless. I'm never going to make it in the real world. No-one cares about me, with good reason."
    "Look, darling. I know how you must be feeling right now, but believe me. People care about you. Look at me. Look at me, 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Now repeat after me: Doctor Hope Seidman gives a crap about me."
    "Doctor Hope Seidman gives a crap about me."
    "There you go. At least one person cares about you. Now let's calm down and talk about your feelings a little more rationally, hm?"
    Role: Doctor (originally a therapist, so her personality is based around that)
    Quirk: Has a massive crush on one of the male clients, but refuses to break her duty of care so just blushes uncontrollably around them.
    I submitted her for the Selection so she's already on the Gallery as Seidman (Selection).
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Thanks @lillibattenberg ! I'll grab Hope off the gallery when I get home tonight. Since the patients are only going to feature once, do you mind if she has a crush on one of the nurses (if a male one gets submitted?) or would you prefer I reference her having a crush on an unseen patient?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,285 Member
    I'd rather she had a crush on an unseen patient as her problem is specifically her scruples regarding duty of care (otherwise she'd be dating the guy already). Also, I forgot to mention that you'll have to check the CC box as I use HD feet but she's otherwise CC-free.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    I'd rather she had a crush on an unseen patient as her problem is specifically her scruples regarding duty of care (otherwise she'd be dating the guy already). Also, I forgot to mention that you'll have to check the CC box as I use HD feet but she's otherwise CC-free.

Sounds good, I understand her professionalism. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I will get this tonight...hopefully. Work wears me out. Who knew that little kids could be so dang exhausting?
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    No rush! The series won't launch until the new year and I held a spot for you and Bugsie because of your love for Colby. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor Hope Seidman has been added to the staff, and patient Sweetheart Stuart is first in line for a checkup! I had to pick a new sweater for her as I'm missing the pack hers is from, but I found something similar.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Sim's Name: Margo Cote
    EA Name: InfraGreen
    Personality: Sociable, Crafty, Blunt, and Harsh
    Role: Nurse
    Quirk: she's quick to order imaging as the first line of diagnosis (totally not to say hi to the cute radiologist) and won't let the doctors disagree with her. And it's always a heart issue. Why wouldn't it be? She's had to spend most of her life with...

Sim's Name: Jacob Cote
    EA Name: InfraGreen
    Personality: Sweet, Quiet, Docile, and Flustered
    Role: Patient
    Symptoms: heart racing, feeling weak and out of breath, not really able to speak much (though that might just be him)

Gallery link

112017103829PMshrped.jpg
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Thank you @Infragreen !! Margo is placed in the hospital and Jacob is in line for care.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Here's my patient:

00.jpg

Sim's Name: Veta Ramey
    EA Name: kylemaddex
    Personality: Squeamish, Insane, Perfectionist, Gregarious
    If Patient: What are their symptoms? A touch of the forgetfulness, confusion, believes she is at a fancy ball, shortness of breath, palpatations, on release from long term care clinic, personality changes at the drop of a hat.

Here's a link.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,044 Member
    Ooooooo! Reserve me for a nurse! I'll make you one for SURE
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 793 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sim's Name: Natalie Espinosa

EA Name: writerboy08

Personality: Good, Genius, Family-Oriented

Role: New Nurse

If Doctor/Nurse: What is their quirk? Her quirk, or hang up is that while she's really smart and has great bedside manner, she freezes when she has to make a decision. She always second guesses herself. Maybe its because she's new, but not a good thing to have going on when your responsible for keeping someone alive long enough for the doctor to get there....
    Post edited by MINEZ on
  • Options
    Thanks @superkyle221 ! I'll add Veta to the list.

@mojot89 a nurse slot is reserved for you! and @minez thanks for the nurse submission!

Only need 1 more doctor and 1 nurse! Patients are welcome to keep lining up.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited November 2017
    mVQ2Ot0l.png
    Sim's Name: Sam Pancakes
    EA Name: Bugsie2016
    Personality: Vegeterian, Self-Assured (He's a teen so he only has two traits.)
    If Patient: Headache, Fever, Stomach Pains
    Note: Checks as using CC (there isn't any). Under #Malpractice along with Cody :)

So, here's my Nurse. He's a sim I'm not really going to use much anyway but, there's still possibilities so I consider this his day job. :)
    O6dh9Dll.png
    Sim's Name: Kody Mott
    EA Name: Bugsie2016
    Personality: Kody tries his best to fit in and do the best he can but after working as a Nurse for a few years he realised he wants to become a doctor but he's too scared to try and change it now.
    Role: (Doctor, Nurse, or Patient)
    If Doctor/Nurse: What is their quirk? Is sometimes impatient with his colleagues.
    Notes: I did remove those CC eyelashes after I remembered, :)
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Owww
    Can I reserve a nurse spot?
    I will work on some patients too!
  • Options
    Thanks @Bugsie2016 I'll grab them tonight!

Absolutely @DarkRavenSoul I've reserved the last nurse slot for you and a patient slot.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    11-21-17_3-21-04c2a0pm.png?w=656

Sim's Name: Jada Benson
    EA Name: skcaga6
    Personality: Romantic, Non-Committal, Snob
    If Doctor/Nurse: She pees standing up.

You will have to click the modded to find her. I use replacement eyeballs and Kijiko lashes.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    11-21-17_3-21-04c2a0pm.png?w=656

Sim's Name: Jada Benson
    EA Name: skcaga6
    Personality: Romantic, Non-Committal, Snob
    If Doctor/Nurse: She pees standing up.

You will have to click the modded to find her. I use replacement eyeballs and Kijiko lashes.

:D While that is quite a quirk, I'm not sure how to fit it into the story! Can you tell me more about Jada?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Give me a little time and I'll come up with something for her. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Give me a little time and I'll come up with something for her. lol

Haha okay, thank you!
    D2vFwMN.jpg