Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog houses, Pet beds, and Toys OH MY!!

SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
A lovely modder has converted most of the sims 3 pet items to sims 4!! It even has a functioning dog house and pet beds, fluffy ones that have actual dimension to them :wink: lol. The dog house, pet beds, toys, the little cute kitty hideaway fish (remember that one?) and the toy crate all have working animations. Enjoy!!

enuresims.blogspot.com/2017/11/ts3-cat-dogs-stuff.html

Comments

• Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Woah, I totally forgot about that catfish bed :D
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    It makes me sad these had to be modded in. Went from having unicorns to not even having dog houses lmao.
    At least theres a world and a cool career
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    It makes me sad these had to be modded in. Went from having unicorns to not even having dog houses lmao.

Totally agree. And seeing modders doing everything for free while this is maxis' job is just twisting the knife.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    Be careful what you click on at that linked page - I tried to look at one of the pics in a larger view and got a malware pop up which didn't want to go away.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

Totally agree. And seeing modders doing everything for free while this is maxis' job is just twisting the knife.

The modders are half the reason EA is skimping out so badly. The only reason the company started embracing them so much is because they found a free workforce. What greedy company would pay for staff when they dont have to? I wouldnt if my sole goal was to please shareholders
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options

The modders are half the reason EA is skimping out so badly. The only reason the company started embracing them so much is because they found a free workforce. What greedy company would pay for staff when they dont have to?

I hear ya and agee, I've thought that for a long time now. Its why i dont use mods. Like they are nice.... But it leaves a bad taste. Idk. I mean, its EA (sorry)...
    I've said soooo many times why can't we control culling in game, why do we need a mod??? And finally 3 years in we get... Culling options, sorta.. But still not as good as what i hear the mod can do.
    But youre right, free work so why bother?
  • Options

The modders are half the reason EA is skimping out so badly. The only reason the company started embracing them so much is because they found a free workforce. What greedy company would pay for staff when they dont have to?

I hear ya and agee, I've thought that for a long time now. Its why i dont use mods. Like they are nice.... But it leaves a bad taste. Idk. I mean, its EA (sorry)...
    I've said soooo many times why can't we control culling in game, why do we need a mod??? And finally 3 years in we get... Culling options, sorta.. But still not as good as what i hear the mod can do.

I dont use mods for that and also the constant updating they require lmao it never fails every time theres an update (and with origin theres a million) the groans of modders can be heard in the distance if you listen closely lmao

I figured out their tactic with Sims 3. I literally cannot play that thing unless its heavily modded. They just made it even more obvious by including a specific mod box in 4 and cutting the effort they exerted on coding by more than half lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yeah, I have no clue why Maxis didn't include some of the basics -- when I compare it to Sims 3 pets, it does come up very short. I really do not like using CC in Sims 4 (I use a ton of mods, but no CC), but this I may use. Dogs without a dog house is just weird.
  • Options

I dont use mods for that and also the constant updating they require lmao it never fails every time theres an update (and with origin theres a million) the groans of modders can be heard in the distance if you listen closely lmao

I figured out their tactic with Sims 3. I literally cannot play that thing unless its heavily modded. They just made it even more obvious by including a specific mod box in 4 and cutting the effort they exerted on coding by more than half lmao

Yea that too hah I'm computerly challenged, so the less the better for me.
    I skipped sims 3.... Which is maybe good since i hear it can get pretttyyyyy buggyyyy...
  • Options

Yea that too hah I'm computerly challenged, so the less the better for me.
    I skipped sims 3.... Which is maybe good since i hear it can get pretttyyyyy buggyyyy...

3 actually runs better on my computer with the appropriate mods than an unmodded 4 does lmao at least if i keep my laptop clean of excess files and whatnot. Thats with all the EPs and SPs too.
    4 is just a smidge too high in specs for my laptop i think. Theoretically 3 is too but its running lmao even with thunderstorms and wild horses running around
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    There are modders in almost every game I play - many make quite elaborate dlc - for free; the Sims and EA are not the exception - believe me - nor even is Maxis who seemed to accept modders into the fold well before Maxis was part of EA. Some people just seem to like pointing out EA with venom all the time - when they pretty much are like every game company out there except for the tiny few who just outright reject players adding stuff to their games. Would you rather not have that content at all as EA could simply not share the code and reject user made content from being usable - but they don't. Some players play certain games just to make their own content - that is THEIR joy. I just don't get you all that constantly spit on EA but yet you keep buying and playing their games. Honestly guys - try looking a bit beyond just EA.

People need to just stop the HATE - everywhere on everything and everyone.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    There are modders in almost every game I play - many make quite elaborate dlc - for free; the Sims and EA are not the exception - believe me - nor even is Maxis who seemed to accept modders into the fold well before Maxis was part of EA. Some people just seem to like pointing out EA with venom all the time - when they pretty much are like every game company out there except for the tiny few who just outright reject players adding stuff to their games. Would you rather not have that content at all as EA could simply not share the code and reject user made content from being usable - but they don't. Some players play certain games just to make their own content - that is THEIR joy. I just don't get you all that constantly spit on EA but yet you keep buying and playing their games. Honestly guys - try looking a bit beyond just EA.

I spit on all companies that take something great and suck the life out of it.
    And yes i would rather them act like other companies if they are at least going to produce good content like those other companies hahahahaha The other series might have modders too but the other series also produce games that would be considered finished if the modders did nothing hahahahaha And when they fail to produce a finished game, unlike EA they go down for it like the joke that was No Mans Sky or whatever that lolcow failure was called
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options

I know my loves, it does suck. Unfortunately EA is known for doing this, not just with The Sims, but many of their other games.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

@Writin_Reg First off, mods should ADD to the experience, that is what they are there for in most games. They are not suppose to be used to FIX content or add content back into a game. In sims 4 mods are used to both fix issues that EA doesn't AND to add things that should have been there from the start. In most other games Mods are used to add to the experience of an already amazing game. Dragon Age Origins comes to mind as does witcher 3. You do not NEED mods for those games, they are just a bonus. With Sims 4, you NEED these mods, at least the majority of players do. That is the difference here.........

My husband and brother are Devs, so no one here understands what they go through more than I do, I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I won't mention the gaming company for safety reasons, but lets just say they create Triple A games. Their company takes great pride in their games and give their customers not only amazing quality, but great bang for their buck. EA is constantly mentioned by other gaming companies as being a company that not only overworks its engineers (look up the open letter from families that was written to a specific branch of EA some years ago due to their family members being overworked) and other staff, but they also are known for skimping on the budget as well as giving less for the amount charged compared to most companies.

Look at what they did with Bioware and the new Mass Effect, it was a mess and they ruined that franchise with corner cutting (bioware was also to blame of course)So please stop defending a company that, quite frankly, doesn't care about you or who you are, it's silly. You are lumping in EA as ONE entity, it's not. This is NOT the fault of the engineers or artists, etc.....this is the fault of the higher ups (corporate) as well as many (not all obviously) producers who make decisions on how the budget is spent and what to cut, keep, and focus on......

Also, to be fair, you were quick to constantly "spit" on EA when they didn't include the toddlers you so desperately wanted.

*My loves Im tagging you because they moved the thread just in case if you wanted to comment and couldn't find it :smile:
    @somethingstellar @surraaaaaa @Felicity @Icewolf
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    Someone said that the sims creating team is small and it takes a long time to create these things and a lot of people complain asking them constantly why dont they have this or that and they work very hard to make it, and they try to put the main things out right away to make everyone happy, for example they put toddlers out and then later added the parenting pack etc. im sure they will create pet stuff and more pets etc in the future, i wish everyone would see how hard they try to make everyone happy and give them the things they ask for. Everyone constantly complains and bug them asking for this and that and when they put something out they find something else to complain about. they are trying their hardest to make everyone happy! they will get around to it, im just happy that they have been putting stuff out a lot
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited November 2017
    she has even more pets CC than that and they all look super great! I like the sim beds made mini for the dogs especially. so cute!

edit: just wanted to add a link for some more pet conversions for TS4!
    Post edited by littlemissgogo on
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Schantal wrote: »

@Writin_Reg First off, mods should ADD to the experience, that is what they are there for in most games. They are not suppose to be used to FIX content or add content back into a game. In sims 4 mods are used to both fix issues that EA doesn't AND to add things that should have been there from the start. In most other games Mods are used to add to the experience of an already amazing game. Dragon Age Origins comes to mind as does witcher 3. You do not NEED mods for those games, they are just a bonus. With Sims 4, you NEED these mods, at least the majority of players do. That is the difference here.........

My husband and brother are Devs, so no one here understands what they go through more than I do, I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I won't mention the gaming company for safety reasons, but lets just say they create Triple A games. Their company takes great pride in their games and give their customers not only amazing quality, but great bang for their buck. EA is constantly mentioned by other gaming companies as being a company that not only overworks its engineers (look up the open letter from families that was written to a specific branch of EA some years ago due to their family members being overworked) and other staff, but they also are known for skimping on the budget as well as giving less for the amount charged compared to most companies.

Look at what they did with Bioware and the new Mass Effect, it was a mess and they ruined that franchise with corner cutting (bioware was also to blame of course)So please stop defending a company that, quite frankly, doesn't care about you or who you are, it's silly. You are lumping in EA as ONE entity, it's not. This is NOT the fault of the engineers or artists, etc.....this is the fault of the higher ups (corporate) as well as many (not all obviously) producers who make decisions on how the budget is spent and what to cut, keep, and focus on......

Also, to be fair, you were quick to constantly "spit" on EA when they didn't include the toddlers you so desperately wanted.

*My loves Im tagging you because they moved the thread just in case if you wanted to comment and couldn't find it :smile:
    @somethingstellar @surraaaaaa @Felicity @Icewolf

No I did not spit on EA - but I did put the blame on a person, not EA and for good reason.

How many years ago was that letter - 14 years anyway? 3 or 4 CEO's ago or so. The only reason they got in trouble was not the hours but the fact they did not pay them overtime pay. As far as I recall it was just the Graphic artists too. Also know long hours are not unusual especially at crunch time - but law says companies must pay overtime - not limit the hours. Many companies even out side of video games also have mandatory overtime - it is not rare - but law says you must be paid overtime - and that's where they messed up. Keep in mind they have changed CEO's at least 3 times since then . If you are gonna come down on a company then at least know the whole story - as used to be they were voted one of the worst companies but now a days they are voted one of the favorite places to work. Things change - companies mess up and then they pay the piper and change their ways. You can put them down - when they are guilty but when they fixed the issues and keep fixing the mistakes they have made - why can't you bring that up? Believe me, I have had my own issues with EA over the many, many years (since the early 1990's) but when they fix the issues and do what's right - it's time to let bygone be bygones. No some people just choose to overlook when they have made amends I guess.

Ask yourself have you always been so perfect your whole life and never made mistakes? If you made mistakes at one time and corrected your errors - do you want to be known as the one who messed up forever or the one who changed your ways? Just curious.

Anyway I don't see EA as the big bad - not when their employees 8500 people says it's the best place to work for several years in a row - that has to say something for them. I will give you one thing their CS still has a big ways to go for some of their games -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Nothing wrong with mods to enhance a game, but it seems with the sims at least (its the only game I play) they rely on modders to fix things or tweak things devs don't get around to.
    Ill admit I bought the pack on release because i have no self control, and its fun... But its been a week and a modder made a mod for more beds, toys, and doghouses. Things that could/should ve in a cats and dogs pack are missing and it took a week...
    And thank you @Schantal :)
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Nothing wrong with mods to enhance a game, but it seems with the sims at least (its the only game I play) they rely on modders to fix things or tweak things devs don't get around to.
    Ill admit I bought the pack on release because i have no self control, and its fun... But its been a week and a modder made a mod for more beds, toys, and doghouses. Things that could/should ve in a cats and dogs pack are missing and it took a week...

Yes as I said modders and CC makers has been more or less a part of most games I have played since there was pc gaming. I have no problem with that - that's what they do. One of my own sons was like that years ago when he was just 12 or 13 - he could fix anything with his mods - so it was no surprise to me when he went to college he choose the video gaming and computer field, programming, networking, tech - you name it. Besides my husband was already a PC Technician - and my kids always had an interest in the technical side of gaming as much as the playing side. LOL. But I know my own son dabbled in modding and making content to make his games have things and do things not other wise in the game. It is generally why most people who get into modding do so to start with. I definitely see it as a good thing - I use content myself in finished Sims games if I want something not in the game - just choose not to use mods and CC in a developing game as I don't care much for the hassle involved in constantly having to change out my content. It is no secret that most mods are patch level dependent and every patch change can create issues.

But I have a good 8-10 gigs of content in my Sims 2 game along with Simpe and other useful tools because to me it needed it. A lot of Maxis match for sure. Skins - eyes, tons of clothing - etc

On the other hand I have just a default skin and eyes in Sims 3 - as to me it didn't need anything. I was able to fix the maps with routing issues so mods were not needed - for me.

When Sims 4 is done I will most likely get CC and a mod or two if I feel it needs it. But we are not there yet. LOL. Well I should add I hope we're not anyway - as I'd like to see a lot more out of Maxis in Sims 4 - I feel they have just gotten started. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Yes as I said modders and CC makers has been more or less a part of most games I have played since there was pc gaming. I have no problem with that - that's what they do. One of my own sons was like that years ago when he was just 12 or 13 - he could fix anything with his mods - so it was no surprise to me when he went to college he choose the video gaming and computer field, programming, networking, tech - you name it. Besides my husband was already a PC Technician - and my kids always had an interest in the technical side of gaming as much as the playing side. LOL. But I know my own son dabbled in modding and making content to make his games have things and do things not other wise in the game. It is generally why most people who get into modding do so to start with. I definitely see it as a good thing - I use content myself in finished Sims games if I want something not in the game - just choose not to use mods and CC in a developing game as I don't care much for the hassle involved in constantly having to change out my content. It is no secret that most mods are patch level dependent and every patch change can create issues.

But I have a good 8-10 gigs of content in my Sims 2 game along with Simpe and other useful tools because to me it needed it. A lot of Maxis match for sure. Skins - eyes, tons of clothing - etc

On the other hand I have just a default skin and eyes in Sims 3 - as to me it didn't need anything. I was able to fix the maps with routing issues so mods were not needed - for me.

When Sims 4 is done I will most likely get CC and a mod or two if I feel it needs it. But we are not there yet. LOL. Well I should add I hope we're not anyway - as I'd like to see a lot more out of Maxis in Sims 4 - I feel they have just gotten started. LOL.

That's really cool! I'm not good with computers haha but its definitely a good skill, my boss's daughter is going to school for computer programming right now.
    I'm sure some mods are cool but I like to keep things simple with my game and computer :)
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Be careful what you click on at that linked page - I tried to look at one of the pics in a larger view and got a malware pop up which didn't want to go away.
    Thank you :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    Awesome! I was amazed at the lack of diversity for pet objects in the EP.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    Pyxel8dPyxel8d Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you for sharing! I've been looking for something a little less flat for my pets to sleep on.
  • Options
    SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    Wow! This fish pet bad looks awesome! Thank you for sharing!
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg