Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Features panel for pets

I know the community is divided on whether non-controllable pets are a good or bad thing, but I think many people would like to be able to see their pets' stats. I wonder if developers could add a features panel for pets - e.g. we could hover over/click on the pets' portrait and see their: training abilities, relationships, age, and personality traits.

Is this feature something you support, and do you think it's feasible?

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    There is the What's Wrong? option that comes up and gives a blurb on what's wrong with the pet. As for the rest, training abilities is under the trained commands and it would only be the relationship between pets we wouldn't know about. You do get to get to know the pets and their traits do pop up much like a sim would. I also wouldn't want to know the age or life expectancy of a pet. It seems wrong imo.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Yes please! I don't care about not seeing their needs but I do want to see their age, skills, releationships and possibly their fears/obession.

And oh, a family tree as well.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Trained abilities are in the "training" section of the interaction menu....traits you can either do the "get to know" function like you do with sims or you can also just view them in CAS. The relationships would be nice....although you can see at least the household relationships by viewing from the panel of each particular human sim in the household. The age is the biggest thing out of that group to me....I'd definitely like to see how much longer than have until age up. There will probably be some sort of UI upgrade/QOL improvement here in a future patch but I think they'll have their hands full squashing bugs before they get to something like this.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I'm OK with not seeing needs, but I would like to see the stats like relationships, personality, etc, just so I don't forget what I set the personality as and who my dog/cat is friends with.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I agree with seeing age at the very least and their relationships. Like LGR said in his review, that's just stuff an owner would know. You know how old your pet is and you know what they can do and who they know.