Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Either it's much MORE of a challenge or I UBER stink at this LOL

I have been playing a game with that Pre-made for Go To Work, Sierra Moss Sim (even though I don't have the pack, but only had to SUB the everyday outfit) with life span on long, trying for completing those achievements and starting with Triple Play. Hard for me and obnoxious, for me to TRY to get...
Got the Fertility Treatment, have had her listen to Kids music/ Kids Tv show thing... First time, she got twins (a first actually)... Blah... Second time just one... I remember in TS3 Fertility Treatment seems to mean almost every time it's at least twins, if not triplets.

It seems like people get them like Triplets were given out in the game like candy, and I can't even get them once! :lol:
Using male townies, then giving them the off-spring, as I'm just going for the achievement. On the third different male sim and attempt at this... (Don't want one male with um-teen million kids to take care of, I'm not EVIL... not really lol)

Also Failing at getting that Grilled Cheese Aspiration... Is your Sim supposed to make AND Eat grilled cheese like 3-5 times in a row for it...?

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS: No, I don't use, nor am I willing to use cheats; I am just wondering how it is everyone else is getting them with such ease and yet I struggle lol. I thought people said TS4 is overly simple but I find some aspects challenging. Then again, I stink at all games... :disappointed:
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I've always read you gotta eat the grilled cheese basically nonstop, hungry or not! Which I'm sure is probably 3-5 times. I've never tried for it though but I did have a townie with that aspiration for some reason. . . Are you also using a lot with that multiples lot trait?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    To unlock the Grilled Cheese aspiration they have to eat three grilled cheese in a row. I think it means literally in a row with no breaks in between. That's how I unlocked it.

Yeah try using the On a Ley Line Trait and give birth at home not at the hospital and watch lots and lots of the kid's network just to maximize your chance at them. I got my triples when I really didn't want them...I figure when I'm actually going for that achievement I won't get them at all.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @littlemissgogo I don't have a lot with that... Not sure WHAT that is exactly, thinking it's something from some pack. I've only bought Vampire, Fitness & Get Together so far...

@3KNPen Ah! Ok lol, Yeah, I just had Sierra make grilled Cheese over and over again, then wondering why it didn't appear LOL. I thought I read you had to make it-- but typical for me to confuse things/ remember them all wrong! :lol:
    I think that is a trait from one of the billions of Packs I DON'T have :lol:
    And it would just figure, you want something, you either don't get it or have to work hard for it BUT if don't want something, you get it, period :lol:.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Oops, yeah it appears to be specific to City Living. Bummer! Now Vampire has a "dark ley line" trait but that doesn't boost your chance of multiples I think, just the chance of them being teethy lil blood drinkers.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Awww yeah that one is exclusive to the pack :-(

Do you have Spa Day? There's a Fertility Massage as well I believe.

Otherwise just keep listening/watching the kid's channel as much as you can stand it'll hopefully happen sooner rather then later lol. Is your sim married? You could always try giving the dad the treatment as well. It can't hurt the odds at the very least.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @3KNPen Ah, so people get Day Spa and/or City Living mostly, in order to get it...
    So, they make packs to solve certain 'challenges' one would/ might otherwise face it seems!
    I guess THAT is the difference, like maybe 90-98% of all Simmers HAVE bought all the packs (offered so far) or close to or are working on it, while I haven't... :lol:
    So, unless I buy one or both of them I'm in for more of a challenge than I bargained for :lol:

That Fertility thing costs, I believe it was 2,000 pts and not interested in getting a male and doodling with him THAT long lol... Don't like any of them enough... Thanks though.

If I could just muster the skill to create a Don Knots look-a-like sim (I lack all skill btw), I might do that...
    I so want a Don Knots to name 'Barney Fife' for When I do get 'Go To Work', want my sim to work with him there in the detective career :lol: The Andy Griffith show with that Don Knots in it rocked!
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Not necessarily there has been a marked increase of multiples since Toddlers were patched in. I'm currently playing a 100 Baby Challenge save and the last thing I want is multiple groups of multiples running around. My mom doesn't have the fertility treatment, I don't have the On a Ley Line Lot Trait on my lot and she has never been to the spa. She had a single baby. Then she had twins. Followed immediately by triplets. She may have listened to Kid's music like one time while pregnant with the twins but I kept her far away from anything while she was pregnant with the triplets and she still surprised me lol. Thankfully her last two have both been singletons lol. (Well one was an Alien Abduction Baby but that's a whole other story and achievement, which she didn't actually get since she got pregnant thanks to a mod and the achievement is very specific about it needing to me a male pregnancy lol).
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Well, I hope I don't have to have her try too many more times... Really tired of having a preggo sim :lol: I'm hoping beyond hope that the third try really is the charm LOL. The first father WAS a vampire but cured him first (Putting him in my home, made him drink the cure then pulled him out again), this third was still a vamp when they did the deed, used that make everyone a drink thing, had her make them both The Ultimate Vampire Cure and he drank it as hoped, she didn't as hoped as she isn't a vamp anyhow lol. Would have done that first-- If I had actually thought it'd work lol. So, if it's Triplets this time as I hope, guess about a 50% chance of vampire tots... :lol:
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I think they have lessened the odds of twins and triplets. I think once they added toddlers, we saw the frequency of twins and triplets get taken down a bit because toddlers are such a handful. If you really want triplets try: fertility massage, both parents having fertility treatment, watching only the kids channel while pregnant, read children's books, listen to kids music or pop (can't remember which). Doing everything to get multiples should result in multiples.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    @Goth583 I should have thought of that one, as always something so obvious as having my sim read children's books eluded me... Thanks
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I also had a hard time in my game to get multiples. I have even done a test save (which I abandoned after two single births).
    It also has to do with YOUR game, for example, I never have multiple births, I had very few alien abductions, little to no vampire interference, even without using mods. My game is just coded to be uneventful (thankfully, I like to be in control and create my own drama).
    Also, watching kids tv never worked to get multiples in my game, I've had several people tell me that that is the way to get multiples, but no, not for me.
    But recently I did manage to have triplets, when I didn't neccessarily want them. I did add the on ley line lot trait, but the other time I tried that it didn't work. Anyway, it were the Bheeda's from City Living, in all my other games, whether I played them actively or not they always had single babies.
    What I did do is have them woohoo at least once every day during the pregnancy. Not sure if that did the trick, but it is worth a try.
    I know that in Sims 2 if Sims woohoo'ed anywhere in the 24 hours before or the 24 hours after conception, they'd have twins. Now that doesn't work in TS4, but maybe woohooing everyday might? Or maybe it was the ley line lot trait that did work this time around.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I also find it very hard to get twins and triplets! The ones in my current household are the first I've had since 2014... Not like I tried extra hard, but with the many pregnancies of my sims I was still shocked to always get single babies. I couldn't even get twins during the famous twin glitch of 2014 haha.

Maybe try moving your sims to another save/run a repair? Very possible it's a glitch of some sort.
  • Options
    @MDianaSanders @agustd Thanks for your comments! By using the Kids Radio channel and Toddler books-- Idk if they helped, but I was using them and got Twins... Again. I had save @10 sim hours before she gave birth, so I went and reloaded my game; Cause A.) most of that time she was sleeping not listening to the radio or reading those books B.) thought there might be odds of a different result... No, it was Twins again... Tried a reload again and again twins.... I am thinking at the point of 3rd trimester the number of babies your sim will have is set in stone... So, I have to find a way to have her doing more kiddy book reading and kids music listening in the first two... Idk... 4 attempts in a row, all failures...
    I guess one HAS to get City Living or Day Spa or two sims BOTH with Fertility Treatment just to have any odds of getting it..
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    @MDianaSanders @agustd Thanks for your comments! By using the Kids Radio channel and Toddler books-- Idk if they helped, but I was using them and got Twins... Again. I had save @10 sim hours before she gave birth, so I went and reloaded my game; Cause A.) most of that time she was sleeping not listening to the radio or reading those books B.) thought there might be odds of a different result... No, it was Twins again... Tried a reload again and again twins.... I am thinking at the point of 3rd trimester the number of babies your sim will have is set in stone... So, I have to find a way to have her doing more kiddy book reading and kids music listening in the first two... Idk... 4 attempts in a row, all failures...
    I guess one HAS to get City Living or Day Spa or two sims BOTH with Fertility Treatment just to have any odds of getting it..

TS4 determines the gender and number of babies at the moment of conception! I remember in TS2 you could reload the game if you hoped for different gender of twins but this time around it won't help :( Learned about that when i started using MCCC.
  • Options
    I doubt it. Seeing as the Bheeda's are already pregnant the moment you start a new game. If it is determined at conception, then it should be the same number of babies in every save game for every player.
    So, maybe it's determined during the first trimester then?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I doubt it. Seeing as the Bheeda's are already pregnant the moment you start a new game. If it is determined at conception, then it should be the same number of babies in every save game for every player.
    So, maybe it's determined during the first trimester then?

As stated by SimGuruAzure:
    hbu01uO.jpg

It's not the same for every player because we don't have the same game. As in, the game can be programmed to have a pregnancy happen by default, like with Jasminder Bheeda. But that only means your game receives an order to generate said pregnancy and on multiple computers the generations will be random, because the pregnancy generation algorithm is random. As in, in my game she'll have triplets of the same gender, lets say boys, but in your game she'll only have a single baby girl. That's why MCCC allows you to find out the specifics as soon as you get the notif about pregnancy :)
  • Options
    That statement is only about gender. And it is no longer true as we now have the means to influence a baby's gender during pregnancy.
    And I pretty much expected that in the case of Jesminder Bheeda, it would change to the moment you start a new game and not the actual moment she'd get pregnant.
    Nevertheless it would be nice if getting multiples did actually work like it did in Sims 2.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I've only had one set of twins in Sims 4 (that I remember). If I remember correctly, I'd heard about woohooing after pregnancy was a thing would increase chances of getting twins so I tried that and that's how I got my first set. I'm not sure if that'd still work though, because this was several patches ago.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)