Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants in FH not showing

SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
Whenever I send my human sim into Forgotten Hollow, the plants are not there. The Wolfsbane, Mosquito trap, Plasma Trees, are all missing! I dont mean they are too little to harvest, there are just not there! Do they only show up when you are playing as a Vampire? Or is something just wrong with my game?

Edit for typo

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2017
    Something must be wrong with your game. I sent Tor Landgraab to Forgotten Hollow to harvest garlic before I realized he could buy seed by clicking on the planter box. He also brought home wolfsbane and plasma fruit. They're now growing in his garden in Oasis Springs. I've also sent other humans to FH and they've always shown up.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Something must be wrong with your game. I sent Tor Landgraab to Forgotten Hollow to harvest garlic before I realized he could buy seed by clicking on the planter box. He also brought home wolfsbane and plasma fruit. They're now growing in his garden in Oasis Springs. I've also sent other humans to FH and they've always shown up.

Ok. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Also, if you don't normally go to FH you'll have to hang around for a little while for the plants to spawn/mature. I've found it didn't really take long though - couple of sim hours.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Also, if you don't normally go to FH you'll have to hang around for a little while for the plants to spawn/mature. I've found it didn't really take long though - couple of sim hours.

It's not that they aren't mature enough yet to harvest. They are not there. Not anywhere. Even the plasma trees.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

It's not that they aren't mature enough yet to harvest. They are not there. Not anywhere. Even the plasma trees.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood - hmm that is weird.

I would suggest repairing the game. If that doesn't work a quick way to get the plants would be to search for them on the gallery and add the rooms containing them to your library - that's how I got garlic when I was in a hurry.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    @rosemow
    @BabySquare

I reset my folder, and it didn't help. I will try repairing my game, when I can . I thought that may be what I needed to do, but I wasn't sure if it was a problem to start with. The plants are visible when I play with vampires. They just aren't there at all when I take a human sim into FH. So I thought maybe it was supposed to be that way. Thanks for answering and for your help. Now I know that it is not by design.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    FWIW, each time I install a new pack, I make sure to clear my cache files before I play the game. I also clear the cache files after doing a Repair on the game. It never hurts to clear them as the game will always generate new ones.
    Origin ID: nik24x7