Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Torn and Rebuilt (changed placeholder name)

RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
Not really a challenge just an idea I had, I tend to go off in my own little world when it comes to how I play and with a story in mind I can play for a long while usually though I spread out when I have to set up. Anyways I hope you like this.

My siblings...my kids.

The Rhodes have never been a typical family, not very loving, or reliable and it's the parents that one has to look to when dropping blame. With Marcus and his questionable career choices and Tonya who is as off as one can be when it comes to being a mother. She does love her kids even Marcus could say he loves them but not everyone is meant to be a parent. As little snide remarks turned to full blown arguments things only got worse. Today, moving day, was the last straw.

To say it's all his fault, that he messed up as a father, would be an understatement.
04-12-17_3-28-23_PM.png
"Just where do you think you're going dressed like that?! How do you think it make me look as a parent when you don't cover up??"

"What are you talking about?"

"Marcus don't make a scene we just moved in." Tonya muttered mostly to herself looking around the empty lobby.

"Quiet Tonya."
04-12-17_3-28-57_PM.png
"What's wrong with this..you bought my clothes."

He had, in fact, insisted she throw out everything she owned before hand that they were all starting a new life, and he got everyone a new wardrobe, not much just what was enough.

"Did I? Well you look fat so I assumed you hadn't picked out the right clothes."

"Ugh why does every other thing out of your mouth have to be an insult?"

"You're my daughter I'll talk to you however I want."
04-12-17_3-29-26_PM.png
"Yeah because you're a miserable fool that is only happy if someone else isn't and you lower your voice the kids are right inside." she snapped, she did her best to protect all four of them from their moody father.

"Oh look who thinks she's tough, I'm shaking in my boots. Let me tell you something missy you're nothing without your father you'll end up penniless begging on the streets you're not smart you're worthless and you have not future. So you had better worship the ground I walk on or one of these days I'll leave and I won't come back."

"Why don't you go...."
04-12-17_3-31-18_PM.png
"Both of you drop it." Tonya started, interrupting them.

"I don't believe it the rock can talk, it's a miracle."

Danielle sighed in annoyance not realizing little Heath was on his way toward them.

For years her mother lived with her head in the clouds ignoring issues big and small. She worked as secretary, simple kept food on the table when Marcus was out doing who knows what...his family couldn't tell you. He's at least good at keeping a secret when needed while sticking to the shadows. Every time he came home tired and frustrated he'd turn his temper on Danielle while his wife pretended nothing was happening while burning a casserole. Luckily for her she never had to worry about forgetting to feed her kids, as Danielle took care of them she'd always been beyond her years she had to be. Developing a thick skin when it came to going toe to toe with her father.
04-12-17_3-31-53_PM.png
"Why don't you go cook or something and make yourself...why is he out here I told those brats to keep them entertained."

"Gina and Nick are not brats, and he's out here because you're yelling I said keep it down."

"Your not the boss of me girl."
04-12-17_3-32-37_PM.png
Danielle ignored her parents as they started another endless argument when he moved to answer a text brushing them off as he normally would. She wondered why they had kids at all.

"Sweetie why don't you take your brother inside I need to talk to your father."

"Yeah fine...."
04-12-17_3-35-04_PM.png
"Now Marcus calm down..." she started pulling him into the corner hoping now they wouldn't hear anything.

"I feed them, I clothe them, I keep a roof over their heads what more am I supposed to do why you wanted them I'll never know."
04-12-17_3-34-08_PM.png
"Marcus you wanted them too, you love them."

"Yeah when I feel like it."

He could say he loved them that is, in some sort of way.

"Don't be that way."

"Look I need to get out of here, clear my head."
04-12-17_3-36-33_PM.png
"I'm sorry I should stick up for you more with Danielle, she's just always left in charge you know how she is." Tonya just couldn't help giving in whenever he wanted.

"I know babe, but that's why I have to leave, you can take care of things."

"But..."

"But nothing, you can come find me but this parent thing is too stressful for me, I'll call you when I have a place."

He was already to the elevator as she started her usual begging.
04-12-17_3-40-26_PM.png
As he left ignoring her she just settled on letting him cool down and went to talk to Danielle.

"He's gone isn't he?"

"Danielle, the bedroom, not in front of the kids."
04-12-17_3-41-16_PM.png
"So for starters..."

"Mom please you've been doing this since I was old enough cook for Nick and Gina, you always do this, fight a little, defend him and run after him."
04-12-17_3-41-58_PM.png
"Oh you'll understand when you're older, but you have to fight for the one you love..."

"Not this again."

"Danielle hear me out, it takes time to make a marriage work."

"Yeah and I want to know how much this time?"

"Just an hour, I saw a motel so maybe a day at most, you can handle that can't you?"

"Yes." like she always did.
04-12-17_3-42-26_PM.png
"That's my girl now did you look over that account I set up for you? Make this place work for you and the kids?"

"Are you kidding? it's a one room apartment."

"Cheap to take care of too, I got a steal it's historic you know."

She still couldn't believe how much of an airhead her mother could be.
04-12-17_3-43-25_PM.png
"Well I love you..."

"Yes love you too, now go while the twins are quiet."

"Don't a get a hug?"

"I'd rather you didn't I have calls to make, this isn't suitable for my babies." her siblings were her everything this wouldn't do, at least not in it's current state.

"Oh right of course, bye dear."
04-12-17_3-44-41_PM.png
Tonya went to say goodbye to her other children, Danielle wasn't the only one who didn't want a hug Heath rejected it too.
04-12-17_3-46-26_PM.png
'Bye kids, I'm sure you'll be fine for a while.'

Danielle wasn't simple she knew what it was code for, it was never just a few hours or a full day..it was never even just a few days, she'd be playing mom and sister for while yet.
04-12-17_3-50-46_PM.png
"Dani when are mom and dad coming back?" Gina asked.

"Don't be dense Gina, when do they ever slip out while we're awake? They're not coming back." Nick said.
04-12-17_3-53-11_PM.png
"You don't know anything..they're coming back."

"Hey don't bite the messenger that's how it is why else were they yelling?"

"They always yell you idiot! Just like this."

"You guys stop it." Danielle started listening for crying while she checked her phone, it was cheap always busted she hoped the messages she left were recieved, they needed things, a few at least. She could get creative with what they had make sure they were comfortable but it would only last so long.

"But...they are coming back aren't they?"

They were good kids, they just got frustrated Danielle could reign them in easily enough though.
04-12-17_3-54-49_PM.png
"Now look, Gina they'll be back don't worry about them for now we're in this together okay?"

"...But they moved us, we don't know anyone here for emergencies." she mumbled.

"And I saw rats this place is a dump we got sick all the time at our old place and that was cleaner we could contract something more lethal here." Nick pointed out.

"Well I didn't see any holes here so maybe we got lucky and they'll stay in the garbage. For now I need just a little help be on your best behavior, for me, please?"
04-12-17_3-55-29_PM.png
"Okay Dani, I'm sorry Nick."

"Yeah whatever."

"Nick..."

"Okay I forgive you."

"Good, now we're going to do homework and get things ready for tomorrow. Gina."

"Make sure backpacks and lunch boxes are ready and by the door, get up early."

"Right, and Nick."

"Memorize the way home just in case, pick something for us to do after school while you're at work and the twins are in daycare."

"Right, come on."
04-12-17_3-57-54_PM.png
Still even with their cooperation they were kids she wasn't going to put too much on them and worried about taking care of everything, Gina was right after all they knew no one here. She had to make sure they were well taken care of, in the end she hoped her parents were happy wherever they were headed.
Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
All the sims err'day
PmyCqgA.png
Post edited by RedDestiny92 on