Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most fascinating things about Sims 4

I've been noticing from time to time messing with the outfits of the Pre-made townies, and I find it fascinating how like, in the Athletic outfit of Eliza Pancakes' she has a shirt on that you CAN'T naturally give a sim in that category; then you have Liberty Lee with in her Sleep wear bottoms that AREN'T available to Simmers to give to their sims.. I think maybe all those or most the pre-mades are like that.
Something just very fascinating!

I don't recall EVER encountering this in Sims 3. Or not with/ in any sim I ever messed with in that game.

LIMahdM.jpg
D6Mgi57.jpg

And yeah... Took me THIS long before I started to notice this... Noticed with Eliza only cause I wanted to have a saved Eliza that has no skills ect, so I aged her down to child, put her in the world, saved her household, then using that last saved Eliza that's a child and aged her BACK up to YA and went ahead to give her, her naturally given outfits only to find the athletic one I couldn't give her LOL... (idk maybe she has none naturally, never looked lol...)

There any things or facts about Sims 4 you find fascinating yourself?
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    You can give these clothes to your own sims too. Just click away the restriction for "sleeping" and choose these pants.
    I think its a cute detail. I often give my sims for the swimwear sandals, if you dont click away the restriction you cant choose them since they are not in the "swimwear" category.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2017
    I find it interesting that the Sims teams makes SO MANY assets for the worlds, and yet doesn't put them in Build/Buy (at least under bb.showhiddenobjects).
    Like, there's hundreds. Imagine how full Build/Buy would be *cries*

Also, it interests me that they work so hard on assets for like Sixam, the Glade, Forgotten Grotto, and yet we get One Lot areas. Make us a world out of them or something!

They reused Willow Creek assets to make Newcrest. Reuse those assists to make an actual world! 3 hoods, one Space themed, one Fairy themed, one Grotto themed.

I. WOULD. DIE.

@SimGuruDaniel worked on Newcrest, I wonder if that's ever crossed the Devs mind. I mean, it's a lot of work for a secret lot.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    You can give these clothes to your own sims too. Just click away the restriction for "sleeping" and choose these pants.
    I think its a cute detail. I often give my sims for the swimwear sandals, if you dont click away the restriction you cant choose them since they are not in the "swimwear" category.

Oh... I feel super silly... I didn't realize you COULD do that.... I don't play around with things nearly enough I guess... Always been my problem in games....
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member

I don't understand. Where do you click in CAS to remove the restriction?

• Options
    mebagl15 wrote: »

I don't understand. Where do you click in CAS to remove the restriction?

For instants, when in Athletic, click on the lil X in the box that says the word 'Athletic' above.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The white tabs near the top, just under the outfit category icons. Each tab has an x to the right for taking it out.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thank you.
  • Options
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Thank you.

No problem... Well, while it seems what I deemed fascinating was just a result of me being a numb skull, at least some helpful information was released for two of us simmers, compliments of @Keks_Milch lol.
    Now I like Sims 4 EVEN MORE then I ever liked Sims 3 (but I do miss a lot of the Sims 3 families/ households..)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Haha no problem! Now you can dress up your sims in any way you like! :)
    Honestly when I was giving Liberty Lee a small makeover I was surprised to see her wear things outside of the normal clothing categorys too.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I find it interesting that the Sims teams makes SO MANY assets for the worlds, and yet doesn't put them in Build/Buy (at least under bb.showhiddenobjects).
    Like, there's hundreds. Imagine how full Build/Buy would be *cries*

Also, it interests me that they work so plum assets for like Sixam, the Glade, Forgotten Grotto, and yet we get One Lot areas. Make us a world out of them or something!

They reused Willow Creek assets to make Newcrest. Reuse those assists to make an actual world! 3 hoods, one Space themed, one Fairy themed, one Grotto themed.

I. WOULD. DIE.

@SimGuruDaniel worked on Newcrest, I wonder if that's ever crossed the Devs mind. I mean, it's a lot of work for a secret lot.

Most of it you can have in your game with Sims Studio.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    It fascinates me that someone decided it was a good idea to make Sixam and the Forgotten Grotto so hard to access and, once you'd done it, they didn't show up as 'unlocked' in any future Games.

I've cheated by putting copies of my super-skilled Scientist in other Games in order to unlock them for other Sims, but what a performance.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm fascinated with how great the worlds look. It's a bummer that you can't edit them like you could in TS2, but most of the time you don't really need to anyway because they're already so full, beautiful and unique to begin with. What I disliked about TS2 was that when I put a house in the middle of nowhere, it was literally in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but a few street signs in the immediate vicinity, unless I surrounded it with other lots. Here, I don't have to worry about it because every lot is surrounded by beautifully detailed scenery by default.

I'm also fascinated with CAS. So many new options to not only model the face of a sim and combine it with an arbitrary hairstyle, but also modify their bodies, voices, walk styles, and gender-specific traits. The new clothing categories are fun, and that you can now choose shoes separately from pants/skirts, because many a good legwear in TS2 was ruined by ugly or unfitting shoes. Some of that may have been introduced in TS3 already, but I never played that one, so it's all new to me.

I'm negatively fascinated with how many features that worked perfectly in previous games were taken out of the successor, or not even included to begin with, like the aforementioned ability to edit the world. Then there are those many little limitations that seem to be there just to annoy the player: We can create custom club hangouts, but not on generic lots. We can write and publish our own books, but not buy them. We can open our own businesses, but not at home. We can live in apartments, but not build our own (TS2 at least had a cheat for that, and it wasn't that complicated). We have many skin colours to create sims from all around the world, but no fitting hairstyles to go with them (for example "African hair"). We have so many different clothing categories, but jackets, vests and pullovers with open zippers come with their own undershirts rather than letting us put them over a different top. Etc...
  • Options
    ziMv0oS.jpg

Is it a boy or girl? Says boy lol... It seems common in Sims 4 for boy toddlers to have THIS hair style... It's both weird and fascinating lol... Also noticed now and then after aging up to teen a male Sim will often have a 'preset' female voice lol. I'm glad EA doesn't force you to keep a preset hair style or voice btw LOL
    JrTlDGw.jpg