Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

where is the birthday cake

Obviously I'm pretty new at TS4. Where can I get the birthday cake? My poor toddler has been a toddler too long!

Comments

• Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    You have to cook it yourself :D Go to the fridge -> cook -> and there you'll find the option to bake a cake.
    When you've baked it there's the option to add candles.
    ... At least that's the only way I know.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Your sim has to bake it. Click on the fridge or oven and select "cook..." (which it bugs me that it's not under bake, lol) and there are several different cake options in the list. At the birthday party, you'll have an option to add candles.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    I know you want to age up your toddler .. but, you can also age up anyone else by baking any of the cakes, and then adding the candles.. you can even age up your friends that visit that way also.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited March 2017
    I haven't been able to "add candles" for weeks now. My Sim has baked about 10 different cakes, and she never gets that option anymore. I have to wait for her kids to age up by themselves.
    I tried to throw a birthday party, but it wouldn't let me. I couldn't get past the first choices on the option menu. I've given up on birthday cakes and parties.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I haven't been able to "add candles" for weeks now. My Sim has baked about 10 different cakes, and she never gets that option anymore. I have to wait for her kids to age up by themselves.
    I tried to throw a birthday party, but it wouldn't let me. I couldn't get past the first choices on the option menu. I've given up on birthday cakes and parties.

Hello @TheLibrarySim

Other simmers have been having issues with the birthday candles. There are a few things to try doing to see if helps.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.

If you have Dine Out pack, you could have your sims go to a restaurant and use the " bring out cake" interaction to age up your sims.

With the issue with the birthday parties, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Huh. Thanks for those suggestions, @rosemow! You are indeed a treasure.
    I'll have my Sim take the stuff off the table, cook a cake, and give it a try.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Huh. Thanks for those suggestions, @rosemow! You are indeed a treasure.
    I'll have my Sim take the stuff off the table, cook a cake, and give it a try.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Thank all of you for your help! I have also learned that my Sim needs to have ZERO hungry need prior to baking the bake. If they do, they will eat it every time and not get the option to put the candles on.
  • Options
    Thank all of you for your help! I have also learned that my Sim needs to have ZERO hungry need prior to baking the bake. If they do, they will eat it every time and not get the option to put the candles on.

Hello
    Try cancelling the cooking action as soon as the sim has cooked the cake, then either reset the sim or queue up other tasks for them to do instead, and see that helps to stop them from taking a serve.
  • Options
    dkjuliadkjulia Posts: 1 New Member
    Min simmer gider ikke pynte kage.. Hver gang jeg klikker på kagen og vælger "pynt" står hun og vinker med armene over hovedet... Hjælp en eller anden