Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inventory Glitch

Hey, I'm playing my Sim and she is the scientist career, I have collected quite a few collectables e.g. crystals, plants, metals etc...yet the last few times I've opened my game they have completely disappeared out of her inventory!

Has this happened to anyone else?? It's extremely frustrating :#

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yep, right after the toddlers patch. It really wrecked my sims' inventories...emptied all of them and some had some pretty pricey paintings and garden produce. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Xupiter20Xupiter20 Posts: 52 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try checking to see if the items have been put into the household inventory.

I am having a similar inventory issue where the items are in both the sim's inventory and a duplicate is in the family inventory. Placing the item in world from either inventory causes it to disappear and basically be lost forever. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Xupiter20 wrote: »
    Hello

I am having a similar inventory issue where the items are in both the sim's inventory and a duplicate is in the family inventory. Placing the item in world from either inventory causes it to disappear and basically be lost forever. Very frustrating.

I've noticed this happening too with garden plants. When I try to place them in the world to plant them they disappear. The first place I look for them is in the household inventory, but sadly they aren't there. I've combed the lot trying to find them, but they are gone.

• Options
    Xupiter20Xupiter20 Posts: 52 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Xupiter20 wrote: »
    Hello

I've noticed this happening too with garden plants. When I try to place them in the world to plant them they disappear. The first place I look for them is in the household inventory, but sadly they aren't there. I've combed the lot trying to find them, but they are gone.

Just now my sims were away from the home lot, and when I came back some of the items that had disappeared were randomly on the floor in the house. It was pretty weird. Not everything that had vanished reappeared tho, just two items.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2017
    I too have this problem with goods landing in household inventory and vanish when trying to place it somewhere.
    But also a problem with the scrolling bar from sims personal inventory.
    When scrolling down the scrollbar scrolls back up by itself. All happening since the toddler patch. Reparing procedures does not help.
    I have read about it somewhere else but lost the link. (searching)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I too have this problem with goods landing in household inventory and vanish when trying to place it somewhere.
    But also a problem with the scrolling bar from sims personal inventory.
    When scrolling down the scrollbar scrolls back up by itself. All happening since the toddler patch. Reparing procedures does not help.
    I have read about it somewhere else but lost the link. (searching)

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues,
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Thanks @rosemow but as I have written, the repair procedure (incl. what you just wrote) did not help. I already did all of the possible fixes.
    This problem exists since the toddler patch.
    I read somewhere that other Simmers also have this glitch with the Sims Inventory Scrollbar moving back up by itself and the misterious behavior of the Houshold Inventory.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow but as I have written, the repair procedure (incl. what you just wrote) did not help. I already did all of the possible fixes.
    This problem exists since the toddler patch.
    I read somewhere that other Simmers also have this glitch with the Sims Inventory Scrollbar moving back up by itself and the misterious behavior of the Houshold Inventory.

If you have tested without cc/mods in your game, and the issues are remaining, you may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    AJAX504AJAX504 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi it's been a long time since I visited this blog site. I noticed placing house hold items in your sim's inventory and then traveling to park or neighbourhood etc. Will remove the duplicate item from your household inventory. Place the original item in your sim's inventory and not the duplicate item. To do this first place the items duplicate and original in your current area's floor or desk. If it does not place it is a duplicate and does not seem to register as real to the game itself. This is how I got past this bug in the program. Remember place item in sim's own inventory not household inventory. After sim returns duplicates of item or items should be gone from household inventory.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    AJAX504 wrote: »
    Hi it's been a long time since I visited this blog site. I noticed placing house hold items in your sim's inventory and then traveling to park or neighbourhood etc. Will remove the duplicate item from your household inventory. Place the original item in your sim's inventory and not the duplicate item. To do this first place the items duplicate and original in your current area's floor or desk. If it does not place it is a duplicate and does not seem to register as real to the game itself. This is how I got past this bug in the program. Remember place item in sim's own inventory not household inventory. After sim returns duplicates of item or items should be gone from household inventory.

Hello
    It was helpful to read what helped with the issue in your game, when you had duplicate coptes of items in the household inventory :)