Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I gave Shark Racket a makeover the other day and remembered that his female version was cute (I always do a gender switch check when making over sims) so decided to have a closer look :smile:
    49744601226_50b94a8a26_o.jpg
    49754703488_0c6dd9786a_o.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    That's a great switch. Shark may even look better as a female :smiley: .

In know you always do gender switches. I never do, and I get my share of surprises (which then get some fancy hair :lol: ). Anyway, that and my lack of experience with most other EA worlds means I have nothing to contribute in your thread about recommended premades.
  • Options
    @Turjan There have been a few cases where I liked the female version of premade sims more than the original and have used them as town fillers :lol:
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    @Mikezumi something about your sim headshots is just so stunning, I'm trying to discover what it is that makes them so beautiful! Is your custom skin Kurasoberina's primer skin? Or do you have a HD mod installed that makes your textures look better?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Okay, I think I promised to present the offspring of Parker Langerak and Pauline Wan at some point. Well, here they are as teens.
    This is Tasha Wan:
    vLkRX1d.jpg
    5mrnVVS.jpg
    And her brother Alberto Wan:
    qLe8fe8.jpg
    WqugbEb.jpg
    I couldn't help but at least use that mouth height slider you pointed out to me.
    rBVZHAv.jpg
    EzlVQbd.jpg
    idCYcCu.jpg
    yrBgB5B.jpg
    Of course, we all know they are mama's children:
    M92fNVg.jpg
    I guess I'll give her the slider treatment, too. I also did this with Jolene (Pauline x Marcus), but the game didn't want to take any edits anymore (Jolene simply reverted to her old self with a change of clothes *sigh*). Another time.
    Parker is already dead, that's why there's no pic.

I wonder how Pauline's kids with the original Arlo might look like...
  • Options
    @Turjan the kids are definitely mama's kids although Alberto seems to have dad's eyes. He's actually very cute :smile:
    The mouth slider is great for life stages other than YA. I don't know why it didn't stick for the grown ups. I have never had it revert after a clothes change.

@Zei Thank you :smile: I don't use a HQ mod but I do make sure the sims are well lit up when I take headshots. A well placed light makes a lot of difference. Too close and the sim will look washed out and too far the sim's features lose definition. I use Kurasoberina Primer as my default replacement skin but most of my favourite sims wear Mango Smoothie skin.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Mikezumi Thanks. Jolene is also still a teen, the kid of Pauline and Marcus. The CAS changes won't stick in my game if I do too much in CAS and the game gets dangerously close to the memory limit. I guess the game then just dumps some user input. I even took a pic of Jolene before she changed back (when she switched out winter clothing for everyday):
    CpDUL9g.jpg
    I just changed the mouth height here.
  • Options
    @Turjan I will watch my sims closely in the future to see if I might have missed the dropping of the mouth slider, although I am sure I would have noticed because I look at my sims' faces closely at all stages of the game.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi It's not only the mouth slider. I had also changed the hair for example. The game simply reverted every single change I had made in CAS, period. It wasn't anything obscure.
  • Options
    LucidLennyLucidLenny Posts: 180 Member
    These sims look great!! I was wondering what you meant by 'blended' traits though? Are sliders usually genetizied? I downloaded a bunch of sliders from a package LegitLovely had with sliders she used a week ago (her YT channel's deleted now???)
    Lenny | Sims 3 | Uni Student | Timezone: EDT (UTC -4) |My blood type is A- | 50% Anxiety 25% Angst 25% Awesome | I bleed for cute sims <3
  • Options
    @LucidLenny Thanks :smile: I don't know what you mean by "blended" traits but when I talk about sims being a blend of the parents, I mean that they have inherited features from each parent. Sims can only inherit whole features from their parents, not blends of any one feature (e.g. nose, mouth, eyes). I don't know if all CC sliders can be inherited but I have seen many examples of sims inheriting them. It's not always noticeable in subtle CC slider use but I see it is so when I take sims into CAS for the birthday makeovers.
    I know nothing about LegitLovely so don't know what sliders she used. Is it a merged package that you downloaded?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I know nothing about LegitLovely so don't know what sliders she used. Is it a merged package that you downloaded?
    I think I have some folder with 333 sliders from her somewhere. All separate. Not her own sliders, obviously, but the ones she used.

By the way, when I started the game, Jolene Wan was invisible. Upon changing into her sleepwear, she came back, actually with my former CAS changes. This game...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Turjan Thanks for that info about the sliders. I have hundreds of sliders already and, although there are probably others out there that could be interesting, I don't think I need anymore :wink: I was just curious about the sliders mentioned.
    Had she been wearing her work outfit? I often find sims with the wrong hair when wearing their work outfit in tab view, usually after they have aged up.
    Edit to add: It's usually a work outfit issue with invisible sims, something to do with rabbit hole jobs.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    It should have been her everyday outfit, the one she wore when I closed the game and which reverted all my CAS changes for her (she had been in her winter stuff when she was in CAS). I guess something went wrong when that got saved. Well, her face was wrong in the first place.

Edit: I couldn't resist and edited Wade. Given I make the heads of most sims narrower when I edit them, Justine somehow stuck out like a sore thumb in that regard. Also, looks like Story Progression follows through (not my doing, Marcus and Morgana just met the couple at one of Malcolm's parties).
    USHauI6.jpg
    QkRyl2G.jpg
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    Aaaa, that makes sense about whole traits. I did download a merged pack from her she didn't make any of them, she just put everything into neat package.

Lenny | Sims 3 | Uni Student | Timezone: EDT (UTC -4) |My blood type is A- | 50% Anxiety 25% Angst 25% Awesome | I bleed for cute sims <3
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Turjan I prefer sims with narrower heads but I have been known to use wider heads when making sims based on real people. Wade looks good. I love when my sims are at parties and I can see SP at work :)

@LucidLenny Have you tried the sliders and, if so, do you like them? I use a lot of CC sliders but try to do so minimally and subtly.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Mikezumi I love them!!! I keep forgetting to increase the slider limit when editing my sims in a new world, but ever since I got them (last week) I've been hooked on making my Heartbreaker sim as pretty as possible. I know I try to make use of the whole slider set I got, but unsure if I'm subtle with them. :') She looks like one of those K-pop chicks so I think they help greatly!!! I'm planning to make a male sim and use sliders on once exams are over and Simfileshare is back up.

I'm not a K-pop fan myself, but I really do think the performers look beautiful. Yes most of them use plastic surgery, but this is the sims I'm allowed to dream.

6StpYHym.jpgFaxYhjPm.jpg

Also I always appreciate your signature. Very iconic. :')
  • Options
    @LucidLenny I am not good at making female sims but I admire those who can. I don't know much about K-pop (although I don't live in a bubble ;) and have heard of it) but, from what I have seen from various Korean shows I have watched, the girls are usually very pretty (even if it's not necessarily what they were born with). Your sim is very cute :smile:
    I enjoy placing my simself with some of the boys I have made in my siggies :lol:
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thank you ;u; Honestly I'm pretty jealous of how interesting the sims on your sig and your pfp look. They're all spicy but distinct!!! So far I've made about 3 sims, and all of them have been female. I hope I can get equally invested in both genders soon. I don't know why I, I love designing and dressing up girls! I think I just don't have a lot of interesting male clothing options Just gotta wait until SimsFileShare is up again so I can start downloading male CCs :')

I don't really wanna get into K-pop, yes the music is good but the industry is terrible imo. But that's a can of worms I wouldn't want to open on the sims forums. :')
  • Options
    @LucidLenny I like to make sims based on celebrities which, I think, gives my sim genetics some diversity. In the past when I made sims that weren't based on people they tended to look very similar, probably because of personal biases about beauty :p
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the tips haha!! The goal of my HB sim was to make an asian/K-pop female, so I guess I'll find a different base/inspo for the next female sim I do. :D

I don't like it when all my sims look the same, but it happens. :')
  • Options
    @LucidLenny Here's a side by side comparison of when I was making my Jensen Ackles sim :)
    31995636038_8a0c4419a9_o.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi take it as you willl, but at first i thought the one on the left was the sim-

He looks gorgeous!!! Breaks my heart to see that the hair isn't 100% because that little whorl at the front is really cute! But they're so similar it's startling.

Where do you get your body (if u have any)/facial hair CCs from? Unless that beard is default? :smile: Been wondering where I could find some good body hair CCs because default hairs huuurrrttt. Totally down for beards tho.

Any recommendations? :D
  • Options
    @LucidLenny I will have to remember and look up where I got my body and facial hair from. I probably won't find all I have but I will see what I can find. It could be a little while because I need to venture out and buy some chocolate and, hopefully, TP :D