Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Programming Actions Keep Getting Canceled!

I was trying to grind to get levels in the programming skill. It was working fine until my sim got to the middle of level 4, then she just started canceling any programming actions out. Everything else works just fine, but she suddenly just won't do anything programming related. I've never had this issue, and I already deleted my mods and incompatible CC, bought a new in-game computer, repaired my game, and even restarted my PC, but my sim just won't do any programming actions! HOW DO I FIX THIS?! I even tried evicting her and moving in a different version of her. I'm sorry if there is already a post on this, but I've been trying to find a fix for over an hour and haven't found anything yet. :s

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    If you are using the Executron executive desk chair, that has been causing issues. Try changing the desk chair that you are using with the computer.
    Try having your sim travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.

Test to see if another sim has issues doing programming interactions also.

If you haven't already done this , try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    Samagirl478Samagirl478 Posts: 51 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you are using the Executron executive desk chair, that has been causing issues. Try changing the desk chair that you are using with the computer.
    Try having your sim travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.

Test to see if another sim has issues doing programming interactions also.

If you haven't already done this , try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Thanks so much! Having her travel fixed the issue. I probably should've thought of that, but I didn't so thank you for that!