Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City living did you know?

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Did you know fireworks, sparklers etc. are all diffrent colored flames from each festival? For example Yellow is plain sparker, White Wedding, Blue Humor Hijinks, Green Spice Festival, Purple GeekCon and Pink Romance Festival. I thought that was a awsome detail!

FotorCreatedf.jpg

fireworks.jpg

The bubbles and fireworks you can buy from the festivals are also different in color. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,732 Member
    Your fireworks pictures are so pretty! @Hannahcleola :) The colours of the fireworks and the background setting of the City buildings looks so very nice!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    If you master the art of eating with chopsticks, you get a trait called "Chopstick Savvy" :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    The fireworks in center park go off if you woohoo in the observatory :blush:
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Did you know the keyboard has some songs that are different from the piano's? Also, it sounds more electronic.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    If you master the art of eating with chopsticks, you get a trait called "Chopstick Savvy" :)

Same for eating spicy food. Then you can brag about it as an interaction.
    I love those pictures, @Hannahcleola! What a lovely Sim! Thanks for sharing.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    @NZsimm3r: Is this the goofball one you're referring to? Cuz all of my sims neighbors have this trait except for one but that one hasn't barged in yet like his other neighbors here. The second sim has the key but not the first. XD

VS9EP4i.gif
    tCrRiQI.gif

Yep, that is what I was referring to. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Did you know that your sim can coach other sims in basketball even if they haven't maxed fitness. Just click on the hoop when another sim is playing.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2016
    lejoninna wrote: »
    Did you know that most sims walk around with coffee? And then leave them everywhere on the ground. :#

did you know that your sim can pick these up and put them in their inventory, and you can place them in their fridge for them to have later, free coffee. and tea.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    Did you know your neighbours can come over and invite your Sim to work out?

30706500562_2fbab59ffd_o.png

And that the "...pump *clap* you up!" is a reference to an old Saturday Night Live routine?
    Did you know you can grow plants indoors? It was probably always like this, but I never noticed. I now have a pomegranate tree in Rosemary's bedroom.

yet I couldn't grow a tree in a pot on a balcony. weird. I could grow grapes and basil as long as the pot was close to the edge of the balcony.

But I found you can harvest the plants at the spice fair, I think its the spice fair. and place them in your fridge, I managed to harvest them twice. and they were great quality. if you cant get them in your fridge, replace your fridge.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

yet I couldn't grow a tree in a pot on a balcony. weird. I could grow grapes and basil as long as the pot was close to the edge of the balcony.

But I found you can harvest the plants at the spice fair, I think its the spice fair. and place them in your fridge, I managed to harvest them twice. and they were great quality. if you cant get them in your fridge, replace your fridge.

You can also harvest at the Romance Fair. I got Lilies, Roses, Daisies, Birds of Paradise (can't wait to see what those grow into), and, well, it said Snapdragon, but when I harvested it I got Dragonfruit. Soon as I find some real Snapdragons I'm going to see if my Insane Sim can grow a Cowplant indoors!

Also: Did you know that the Talking Toilet is a HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey? I just about fell out of my chair when I saw him for the first time.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

brendhan21 wrote: »
    Did you know that there are rabbit hole events such as opera and circus?
    Did you know that some sims disapprove of other sims blowing the bubble blower?
    Did you know it can make your sims high?
    Did you know as a politician you can make false promises and ask for a bribe?

actually its not really being high because rated teen.

yeah... tell me that the bubble blower is not a hookah
    and nectar is not wine
    and juice shelf is not an alcohol shelf

Things don't have to be named for what they are as long as they represent a concept.
    Sometimes while blowing "bubbles" sims will get mood swings and then they may fall asleep. Name this reaction however you like, the concept behind it stays the same.

Funny it's called a bubble blower now. In TS1 it was just a hookah. Yes it blew bubbles, I guess that's how they got around it then. Rules for ratings must be stricter these days
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

You can also harvest at the Romance Fair. I got Lilies, Roses, Daisies, Birds of Paradise (can't wait to see what those grow into), and, well, it said Snapdragon, but when I harvested it I got Dragonfruit. Soon as I find some real Snapdragons I'm going to see if my Insane Sim can grow a Cowplant indoors!

Also: Did you know that the Talking Toilet is a HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey? I just about fell out of my chair when I saw him for the first time.

Snapdragons grow all over Willow Creek.
    As for the dragonfruit u probably harvested a spliced plant. (That maybe something new that spliced plants spawn in CL, and bird of paradise is usually created only by splicing as well) U can get a dragonfruit by grafting a snapdragon onto a strawberry plant or vice versa
  • Options
    @SparklePlumley The name over it was "Snapdragon," but it showed up in the Inventory as a Dragonfruit. Now, at the Spice Festival, there was a row of plants, and one of them was obviously a Dragonfruit. And it said as much when I moused over it.
    I'll send my Sim out for some Snapdragons. They're easy enough to find.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    @SparklePlumley The name over it was "Snapdragon," but it showed up in the Inventory as a Dragonfruit. Now, at the Spice Festival, there was a row of plants, and one of them was obviously a Dragonfruit. And it said as much when I moused over it.
    I'll send my Sim out for some Snapdragons. They're easy enough to find.

That is close to what I experienced in my game. At the romance festival, the snapdragon plant looked like a lily plant and said it was a lily when I harvested it. And there was a plant called a rose and it harvested a dragonfruit. At the spice festival I was also able to get a dragonfruit, but I can't remember if the plant was called dragonfruit or something else.
  • Options
    I have a question and thought someone here might know. I have a talking toilet, but my question is what is the high pitch noise in my apartment, its around the area the toilet is at, it isn't the electric box. does anyone elses talking toilet make a high pitch noise.
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Did you know that there are rabbit holes in the Sims 4 that you can get invited to? There's a circus, opera and I think a warehouse party. :)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    I have a question and thought someone here might know. I have a talking toilet, but my question is what is the high pitch noise in my apartment, its around the area the toilet is at, it isn't the electric box. does anyone elses talking toilet make a high pitch noise.

Hello
    I posted on the other thread before I saw your question here. It may be the neighbours making a lot of noise. Try clicking on their door and see if there is an option to complain about the noise.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I posted on the other thread before I saw your question here. It may be the neighbours making a lot of noise. Try clicking on their door and see if there is an option to complain about the noise.

No neighbours @rosemow they lived in the Jasmine apartment on the left, they now live in the one on the right and there isn't any noise. it's weird.
  • Options

Hello

No neighbours @rosemow they lived in the Jasmine apartment on the left, they now live in the one on the right and there isn't any noise. it's weird.

Hello
    It could be connected to a lot trait that the apartment has?
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    Did you know that emotions affect how sims sing.
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options

Hello

Hello
    It could be connected to a lot trait that the apartment has?

creative, quick internet, and painting and writing.

• Options
    did you know that kids playing the violin in the karaoke bar will get tips. I was rather surprised.
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member

@TheLibrarySim Whoa I cant believe I didnt notice that! Creepy HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey was totally evil! Im removing all Talking Toilets from my households! LOL :smiley:

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did you know you can restore murals or kick out any sim who's working on the mural?
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif