Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stretchy Child Bug? Evidence of intended life stage size?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Aleah223Aleah223 Posts: 7 New Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    Aleah221 wrote: »
    @Nectere That girl looks way too much like a preteen! I love it. Her proportions aren't that bad and not way too off. It's funny how they don't stretch to adult size... There was a similar incident with someone's baby and stretched what accurately resembled a toddler. Stretching like this never happened in Sims 2 and 3. Could this really be a sign?

I had some stretching in ts3, with bad CC, but they never looked right. Basically the stretching made them look like monsters.These sims actually look normal stretched.

New account. I know right? Weird...
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    This picture sure makes me want preteens in the game right now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    this happen when kids use adults animations they stretch to fit the body of an adult i can recreate this with mods but not now later
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    No mods, but maybe cc?
    If there were preteens data in the game modders would have definite found them, like what happened with toddlers.

Actually game modders did find toddlers and another unknown life stage in-between child and teen. I know i saw it on the forums somewhere, somebody was recoloring cas items and found two unknown life stages. Somehow it didn't make the headline the toddler one did, and the excuse for the toddler file is totally fake the program they used to make the picture doesn't need the file in EVERYBODY'S game the poses and toddler where made with an external program so possibly toddlers and preteens could be coming sometime this year!

Never heard that modders found "preteen" evidence. They did for the toddlers, for sure, not even a doubt about it, but preteens? Since you said so, could you please link me evidence? Like, a thread? A comment?
    Preteens were mentioned in a survey along with toddlers, but I never heard that modders found files about them.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    LeahLongLegsLeahLongLegs Posts: 136 Member
    No mods, but maybe cc?
    If there were preteens data in the game modders would have definite found them, like what happened with toddlers.

Actually game modders did find toddlers and another unknown life stage in-between child and teen. I know i saw it on the forums somewhere, somebody was recoloring cas items and found two unknown life stages. Somehow it didn't make the headline the toddler one did, and the excuse for the toddler file is totally fake the program they used to make the picture doesn't need the file in EVERYBODY'S game the poses and toddler where made with an external program so possibly toddlers and preteens could be coming sometime this year!

Never heard that modders found "preteen" evidence. They did for the toddlers, for sure, not even a doubt about it, but preteens? Since you said so, could you please link me evidence? Like, a thread? A comment?
    Preteens were mentioned in a survey along with toddlers, but I never heard that modders found files about them.

Someone found "two unknown age" slots from a hidden file or something like that....
  • Options
    No mods, but maybe cc?

Someone found "two unknown age" slots from a hidden file or something like that....

Yet again, I don't recall ever reading that.
    Doing a little research myself, the only thing that mentions 2 unsupported age slots is a blog that links a discussion in this forum. And that discussion is proof about toddlers, not preteens.
    Unless I'm still missing something.
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I like this height, it would be perfect for preteens! It's strange that it's not too distorted, it could be some left over data of the height of preteens, who knows! There is that left over toddler in the game data, it might be something like this!
  • Options
    No mods, but maybe cc?

Yet again, I don't recall ever reading that.
    Doing a little research myself, the only thing that mentions 2 unsupported age slots is a blog that links a discussion in this forum. And that discussion is proof about toddlers, not preteens.
    Unless I'm still missing something.

It couldn't be babies. Babies aren't available in CAS. I don't know what it was...
  • Options
    ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    No mods, but maybe cc?

Its in this thread http%3A%2F%2Fforums.thesims.com%2Fen_US%2Fdiscussion%2F815405%2Funsupported-age-found-between-baby-and-child-lifestate-in-sims-4-files-toddlers%2Fp8&usg=AFQjCNG59zByK5rJcFqV9LA0st3yrsNiDQ&sig2=bylS6ZJdkD40jGHyqHJyUQ if this doesn't work look up unsupported life stage found between baby and child, in one of the pages there is a modder that finds TWO unsupported life stages in cas, i don't know the specific page because some of the pictures on the thread are creepy, like the toddler body found in the files *shudders* but its there and there is even a picture of the screen of the models computer screen when the files are found. Hope that helps you find it!!
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    No mods, but maybe cc?

Its in this thread http%3A%2F%2Fforums.thesims.com%2Fen_US%2Fdiscussion%2F815405%2Funsupported-age-found-between-baby-and-child-lifestate-in-sims-4-files-toddlers%2Fp8&usg=AFQjCNG59zByK5rJcFqV9LA0st3yrsNiDQ&sig2=bylS6ZJdkD40jGHyqHJyUQ if this doesn't work look up unsupported life stage found between baby and child, in one of the pages there is a modder that finds TWO unsupported life stages in cas, i don't know the specific page because some of the pictures on the thread are creepy, like the toddler body found in the files *shudders* but its there and there is even a picture of the screen of the models computer screen when the files are found. Hope that helps you find it!!

I found the screenshot you're talking about around page 4 of that thread :) (I remember reading and following that thread a lot too)
    The thing is: preteen data in TS4 is nowhere to be found beside that specific screenshot and a survey that EA released last year, mentioning both toddlers and preteens. On the other hand, toddlers data is all over the game. In fact, there's so much of it now, especially after what's been found in the past months, that it's beyond obvious they're coming sooner or later. Preteens... I'd love them, but I'm not sure. They're not /there/ as much as toddlers. The amount of data speaks for itself, I think. But if EA follows that survey, we might surely get them :)
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    Oh god please let this be true!

@SimGuruDrake I hope preteens look like the stretchy preteen-looking kid!!!!! <3 And make preteens better than Sims Freeplay. They sounded like little girls with that redicoulus high pitched voice. Please make the voice more deeper but kid like still. I'd like it if they (boys only) had crackling voices that is between a boy's and a man's voice.

Cracking voices, I have discovered, is a stereotype. Not all adolescent boys go through it. I thought, somehow, I had missed it in my late older brother (he was nearly five years older than me) but then neither of my two sons went through that phase, either. I think their voices just gradually got lower so that it wasn't noticed. I recall a time when I heard a man singing in a very deep voice, through the open window. Then realized my oldest son was out in the backyard doing some yard work. :open_mouth: I was like, "when did his voice get so deep?" LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Oh god please let this be true!

@SimGuruDrake I hope preteens look like the stretchy preteen-looking kid!!!!! <3 And make preteens better than Sims Freeplay. They sounded like little girls with that redicoulus high pitched voice. Please make the voice more deeper but kid like still. I'd like it if they (boys only) had crackling voices that is between a boy's and a man's voice.

Cracking voices, I have discovered, is a stereotype. Not all adolescent boys go through it. I thought, somehow, I had missed it in my late older brother (he was nearly five years older than me) but then neither of my two sons went through that phase, either. I think their voices just gradually got lower so that it wasn't noticed. I recall a time when I heard a man singing in a very deep voice, through the open window. Then realized my oldest son was out in the backyard doing some yard work. :open_mouth: I was like, "when did his voice get so deep?" LOL

You are right. Some boy'so don't have deepening voices yet. Not even my brother went through that till, he was like 15ish-16ish.
  • Options
    No mods, but maybe cc?

I found the screenshot you're talking about around page 4 of that thread :) (I remember reading and following that thread a lot too)
    The thing is: preteen data in TS4 is nowhere to be found beside that specific screenshot and a survey that EA released last year, mentioning both toddlers and preteens. On the other hand, toddlers data is all over the game. In fact, there's so much of it now, especially after what's been found in the past months, that it's beyond obvious they're coming sooner or later. Preteens... I'd love them, but I'm not sure. They're not /there/ as much as toddlers. The amount of data speaks for itself, I think. But if EA follows that survey, we might surely get them :)

Yeah thats the ONLY place anybody has ever found evidence of preteens, and that makes me really sad! It seems like sims never go through awkward stages, all my families go from beauty queen child to model teen, never going through the dreaded (but funny) awkward stage.
  • Options
    No mods, but maybe cc?

Yeah thats the ONLY place anybody has ever found evidence of preteens, and that makes me really sad! It seems like sims never go through awkward stages, all my families go from beauty queen child to model teen, never going through the dreaded (but funny) awkward stage.

The more life stages in the game, the happier I am :)
    I'd love to have both toddlers and preteens, and a SP addressing teens only to make them more like "teens".
    On this topic, though, there's something that throws me off a little bit, about finally having more life stages implemented in TS4: every sim gains one trait every time they age up. Children have one. Teens have two. Adult sims, finally, three. If one day we'll get toddlers, are they going to have 0 traits and, basically, no personality just like babies? Or, if we get preteens, would they get nothing at all and be like... stage 2 of childhood?
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    No mods, but maybe cc?

I'd love to have both toddlers and preteens, and a SP addressing teens only to make them more like "teens".
    On this topic, though, there's something that throws me off a little bit, about finally having more life stages implemented in TS4: every sim gains one trait every time they age up. Children have one. Teens have two. Adult sims, finally, three. If one day we'll get toddlers, are they going to have 0 traits and, basically, no personality just like babies? Or, if we get preteens, would they get nothing at all and be like... stage 2 of childhood?

Toddlers should get traits but i think preteens will not have new traits they will keep their original traits (like always) but they get a random chance of either, getting an award stage, no awkward stage ever, or no awkward stage during preteen stage but an award stage during their teen years. Toddlers along with a trait can either be a sweet toddler, a mean toddler, or the terrible two's toddler (if they don't get their way they get mad at their parents and try breaking toys and stuff). Thats how they should do toddlers and preteens in my opinion
  • Options
    No mods, but maybe cc?

Toddlers should get traits but i think preteens will not have new traits they will keep their original traits (like always) but they get a random chance of either, getting an award stage, no awkward stage ever, or no awkward stage during preteen stage but an award stage during their teen years. Toddlers along with a trait can either be a sweet toddler, a mean toddler, or the terrible two's toddler (if they don't get their way they get mad at their parents and try breaking toys and stuff). Thats how they should do toddlers and preteens in my opinion

Wouldn't that have to change everything, though? Toddlers having (at least) one trait means that children should get two (otherwise, if we get preteens too, we might be stuck with one trait only for three life stages with no progression at all), and I wonder if that's something that can be changed or even implemented. A slot trait might seem the easiest thing to add, but I'm not sure the devs think the same way.
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    They can change the # of traits... I've heard people complaining about adults only having three. They could change it to 5.

Also between YA-ELDER the # of traits don't change so why should it have to between toddlers-children, or preteens-teens, or whatever combo you like...
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    They can change the # of traits... I've heard people complaining about adults only having three. They could change it to 5.

Also between YA-ELDER the # of traits don't change so why should it have to between toddlers-children, or preteens-teens, or whatever combo you like...

I'll ask the question first: because, in my opinion, childhood is the age of development, which is why gaining traits should be the most logical thing. Sims, like humans, go through childhood and they develop their personality. Adult sims? They're adults. They can change personality to a very small degree, but they've stopped developing. The time for growth is over, on that matter.
    Back to the topic of the number of traits being changed, I don't think it's possible. And that's because I remember at least a simguru mentioning that sims with traits weren't beheving well enough, which is why they decided to go for the three slots only. It's more of a technical problem, not the fact that we don't have toddlers or preteens.
    KEBB11a.png