Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I return?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I'm waiting for the new EP to come out, see how much that adds to it..I basically went back to TS2..I missed the quirkiness/surprises of the gameplay..TS2 would throw a lot of wrenches in the works..lost jobs, fires, the social bunny, you get the idea. It seems way more challenging to progress your sim through an aspiration/career. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    Sims 2 is a finished game. Stay with it until Sims 4 is completed and then comment on it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I was on the fence awhile myself and off it now. So for me, the Sims 4 got worst with time. Pretty much nothing has changed. The Sims 4 is still a YA focused simulator and still focuses on role playing, so nothing has been changed, just pretty much the same aspects done over and over again. Enjoy the iterations you like and probably a waste of time waiting for the Sims 4 to grow up as a game.

LGR pretty much sums it up nicely how the last two years have been the weakest in history of the Sims as a series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic&ab_channel=LazyGameReviews
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    You all have very valid points. I actually watched that LGR video the other day and really agreed with it.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    You all have very valid points. I actually watched that LGR video the other day and really agreed with it.

You haven't mentioned whether you'd be willing to use mods or not, or if you did, I didn't see that.

Trying to play Sims4 vanilla frustrates me to no end. Since I added MC Command Center, I can binge play, and enjoy myself immensely.

Interested? Come post here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here#latest/

Love to tell you more about it, MC is a total game-changer mod. :)
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    All I am going to say bout the Sims 4 is this> I have all the packs and updates, I play the game once in awhile but not all the time, only cause the stuff in it is to Sunny & happy go lucky, I Am Gothic! so for Me I wont play the game much until I get My Gothic items and Chars back from EA & Maxis, other then that, I mostly Create Chars in it for My Gallery until then, got all My homes full and all the challenges and holiday stuff done, so just waiting since Day 1 mind you for Halloween to show up again, If I do not get My Gothic stuff by then, then I just might say goodbye to Sims 4 myself for good.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 2016
    I like my game for the most part, but I do take breaks from it, and don't play it as often as I played previous games, on the whole. I think the answer to "how has the game changed" depends on when you last played. Read the patch notes, or look them up on the Sims wiki (sims.wikia.com) for changes to the base game. The additional packs do add quite a bit to the game, but the game still does not have the toddlers that are so important to many people, it still does not have cars, it still does not have a create a world tool, it still does not have a color wheel, and it still does not have open world. If you need those things to enjoy your game, you are better off playing Sims 2 (toddlers, turn-ons, turn-offs, fears, cars, Sims 2 EP features) or Sims 3(create a style, open world, toddlers, color wheel, cars, bicycles, scooters, rabbithole buildings, Sims 3 EP features). I do find I prefer the animations in many cases from prior games - more expressive - but I really like the multitasking and way emotions unlock interactions in Sims 4. I also don't like the toilet humor in Sims 4 (if they just had the City Living talking toilet that would be one thing, but the confident pee interaction and angry poop interaction do turn me off - I mostly ignore them).

As to the EP's: Get to Work - it does give specific tasks for your Sim to do in the active careers to achieve Job Performance, you can choose between 3 different tasks. But I would rather have more choices of tasks once my Sim reaches past the 2nd or 3rd promotion in the active career. I haven't played with the retail system a lot, but I found it too challenging for me. Get Together - the club system is fantastic. If you want a DJ booth, here it is, along with the accompanying Dj and dance skills. There is a new world/neighborhood with each expansion pack. But there isn't much more than that.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    So I've taken a long long break from this game. This is to the people who are on the fence about the game - with all the new packs and updates, has the gameplay gotten better? I often got bored, the gameplay got stale, but I'm getting an itch to play the game again, problem is; I don't want to install and buy all the new packs (haven't played since February) just to be bored again.

-Please, those who think this game is amazing and flawless spare me your speech. I want to hear from those who aren't sure about the game and don't really like it. Is there more to offer?

I mean CL looks pretty cool...but it'll probably be lackluster and dry like usual, another thing that irks me and makes me not want to play is how unacceptably rude and inconsiderate simgurudrake is to us, which TOTALY turns me off from the game...

And for those who disagree with me, I have something pretty cool to show you...at the top of the page, near the left is a back button. Press it and voila!

Ive gone back to it. In between playing 2 and 3 (I like to rotate) and its not SO bad. But then again I use the MCC mod in my game so maybe thats why I can bare it? Lately Ive been giving it a chance again though and trying to make the best of it. It still bores me from time to time because I (personally) feel its lacking when it comes to 2 or Even 3, but you might not feel that way. I really enjoy Dine out. To me it brings back the experience of dining in ts2, i mean yes you cannoy work as a cook or anything but its nice to he able to go oyt with co workers and family and enjpy a nice meal or watch your sim cringe after getting food poisoning from the restaurant (which ypu can be compensated for may O add) however after a while that does get bland too. The careers are same same. And I really have hipes for CL because of the careers it brings but then again like you said what it its fun at first but then the cracks are revealed and more bugs come out? Idk im hoping i am wrong because I want to love this game (reasons why I went back to playing it) idk. I still think you should try it yourself who knows you might actually like it, but if you dont you wont want to waste the money. Its a real pickle to think about
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    So I've taken a long long break from this game. This is to the people who are on the fence about the game - with all the new packs and updates, has the gameplay gotten better? I often got bored, the gameplay got stale, but I'm getting an itch to play the game again, problem is; I don't want to install and buy all the new packs (haven't played since February) just to be bored again.

-Please, those who think this game is amazing and flawless spare me your speech. I want to hear from those who aren't sure about the game and don't really like it. Is there more to offer?

I mean CL looks pretty cool...but it'll probably be lackluster and dry like usual, another thing that irks me and makes me not want to play is how unacceptably rude and inconsiderate simgurudrake is to us, which TOTALY turns me off from the game...

And for those who disagree with me, I have something pretty cool to show you...at the top of the page, near the left is a back button. Press it and voila!

Op... try it.. but be prepared to be bored again.. the newest EP will be boring yet again within couple of months ( even if it has some new stuff like traits for the buildings, some new stuff and professions etc) and if you add to it that you CANT build apartments in other worlds, and you can't build apartments in the new world... * sighs* To be honest I would love to know what they will do with seasons in sims 4 and would love to have some replies now.. because if they are going to cut Seasons expansion like they did with apartments then there is nothing for me to do in sims 4 anymore...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--