Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zodiac Signs

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AHeinAHein Posts: 46 Member
    I would like to see the Zodiac Signs, Wants & Fears, Turn Ons & Turn Off make a come back to the game because it will add more personality to the sims.

Agree! I really miss the Turn ons and Turn offs.

tumblr_mww92shs3D1s6o0byo1_400.gif
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    IAnd no one can confess to cheating either! I mean, doesn't somebody feel guilty about this?

There's no "Accuse of Cheating", either! Where's the relationship drama in this game?
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    IAnd no one can confess to cheating either! I mean, doesn't somebody feel guilty about this?

There's no "Accuse of Cheating", either! Where's the relationship drama in this game?

I could totally see how awesome it would be for Jealous sims to go around doing this all the time! It would fit!
  • Options
    defbelle87defbelle87 Posts: 86 Member
    Zodiac signs can be implemented if Twins/Triplets can have the same sign. Plus, There needs to be more Drama, like Accuse of Cheating. And to implement the Sims 2 Turn On's and Turn Off'scan be a fun way to enhance your Sims in Sims 4.
    Origin ID: Defbelle87
    Feel free to check out my creations in the Gallery, also follow me if you wish.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I always liked the zodiac signs in previous games and wouldn't be opposed to it in TS4. Anything that helps me customize my sims and making them unique from each other if a plus in my simming book. :)
  • Options
    GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    Personally, I like zodiac signs. How about add it to the future cube? Click on the cube and ask for a horoscope reading.
  • Options
    defbelle87defbelle87 Posts: 86 Member
    Glacier wrote: »
    Personally, I like zodiac signs. How about add it to the future cube? Click on the cube and ask for a horoscope reading.

Awesome Idea!!!
    Origin ID: Defbelle87
    Feel free to check out my creations in the Gallery, also follow me if you wish.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know I'm personally not into zodiac signs. It wouldn't serve a purpose to me.

My personal opinion, It just seems pretty foolish, the stars define your traits? I have met people who do that and it gets on my nerves.

Most of the time my astrological sign, capricorn never matched up, for the most part, completely with who I am, so that's mainly why I'm not here for it.

I bet that is zodiacs appeared in that non Disney canon ABC show, you'd want them. -.-

Have several seats, You tried it.

What?

You said if zodiacs were a focus in once upon a time I would want it. lies. Unless you could could cosmic energy. then maybe but that isn't the case.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I would like to see the Zodiac Signs, Wants & Fears, Turn Ons & Turn Off make a come back to the game because it will add more personality to the sims.

Wants already exist, and they're called "whimps".
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    lukas11xxf wrote: »

It's whims XD But they aren't as good as wants etc, they are pretty random because of the way they were made in TS4 one whim for emotions, one whim for traits and one whim for aspiration, which works terribly.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

It's whims XD But they aren't as good as wants etc, they are pretty random because of the way they were made in TS4 one whim for emotions, one whim for traits and one whim for aspiration, which works terribly.

There are also whims for skills and whims for nearby Sims which vary based on relationship (Friendly, Family, Romantic, or Poor). GTW adds career whims as well, at least for Scientists. I've seen plenty of Scientist career whims, though none yet for Doctor, and I haven't played a Detective yet.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016

There are also whims for skills and whims for nearby Sims which vary based on relationship (Friendly, Family, Romantic, or Poor). GTW adds career whims as well, at least for Scientists. I've seen plenty of Scientist career whims, though none yet for Doctor, and I haven't played a Detective yet.

They're still pretty bad. They worked far better in TS2 and TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Would you like to see this feature make a return?
    I definitely would. I think it add a lot more depth to our sims.
    Also, personality points would be cool too :)

Yes along with an attraction system.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member

I understand The Sims 4 has wants or whimps but I was referring more to the wants & fears, the zodiac signs, turns on & turns off from The Sims 2 Features. If Ea add these to the game it will give a little bit more personality to the sims.
  • Options
    Would you like to see this feature make a return?
    I definitely would. I think it add a lot more depth to our sims.
    Also, personality points would be cool too :)

Yes along with an attraction system.

It would be very nice addition if the attraction system gets add it to the game :)
  • Options

They're still pretty bad. They worked far better in TS2 and TS3.

What, is there something wrong with simultaneously wanting to ask someone to go steady, marry your wife, and divorce your wife? XD
  • Options
    It would be very nice addition if the attraction system gets add it to the game :)

Agreed, but only if it isn't completely broken like it was in TS3.
  • Options

Agreed, but only if it isn't completely broken like it was in TS3.

With some improvements all this features would be a nice addition to the game.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

I understand The Sims 4 has wants or whimps but I was referring more to the wants & fears, the zodiac signs, turns on & turns off from The Sims 2 Features. If Ea add these to the game it will give a little bit more personality to the sims.
    I'm just pointing out that we already have wants, but not fears.

Yeah, a tweak might be nice I guess.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    BriannaSkifBriannaSkif Posts: 34 Member
    I don't really care if a zodiac system was introduced to the game or not, but I would like to see some sort of attraction/repulsion system in the game. I miss the scan room interaction in Sims 2. I would always crack me up when the most attractive Sim in the room would end up being the least desirable candidate for my Sim's future spouse.

As it is right now, it is too easy for Sims to befriend and remain friendly with other Sims. I'd like to there to some chance that Sims just don't click, without having to spam nothing but mean interactions. I'm thinking along the lines of Sim A meets Sims B and no matter what Sim A says or does or how nice or friendly Sim A is, Sim B finds them boring or irritating.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    We need a personality pack.
    Something which amps up the traits, gives us zodiac signs, turn ons + offs, proper wants, favourite food etc.

Regarding Zodiac signs, I'd like them. If they have any effect other than 'being a zodiac sign', I'd rather it be more like a trait than personality points.
    So Taurus tend to sleep longer, want to buy better quality furniture, friendship/romance bars cull slower and they go to the fridge/vendor more often.
    Cancer would want to take pictures/draw (basically collect personal items), get sad/tense more often, relations with family cull slower, and they tend to stick to friendly and funny interactions etc...
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Since I like to busy myself with astrology (just for fun, not because I actually believe in it), I'd appreciate the return of zodiac signs, even if they're purely decorative. But they don't have to be useless, I also have several ideas how they could be incorporated in a meaningful way:

- Traits. Only three selectable traits + one bonus trait related to the aspiration is too little for me, so a fifth trait could be added based on the sim's zodiac sign.
    - Relationships. Whether they're platonic, romantic, sexual or anything else in nature, zodiac signs could make it easier or harder for certain couples to get and stay together.
    - Predictions. Sims get the new option to read their horoscope - at their own risk, because whatever good or bad stuff the horoscope predicts may or may not come true depending on your sim's actions. There might even be a new skill related to astrology that allows you to study the stars and predict your own or another sim's fortune based on zodiac signs.

Personally, I'd love to see a combination of all these things, and I don't think it would be hard to do.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2017
    With the sign rising (ascendant) and the Chinese signs as well if so no .
    I play the sims 3 I assigned traits that don't match with the zodiac sign . It's just good for dating attraction and to guess in which month your sims was born.
    I better like personality points or something different as turn off or on or something that suits more the sims 4.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    YumengYumeng Posts: 118 Member
    Yes! The Sims 4 Universe! They could put planets into it. Different arrangements of planets create Sims' signs and traits randomly.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey! It's cool you want to talk about this however this thread has been inactive for quite some time unfortunately so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top