Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher's option to play without CC

Hi,

I have a question regarding Launchers options. I tried to google them, but all I find is "Launcher not working" -themed conversations and sites. I would now want to know how one thing works. Unfortunately, my game is in Finnish and I can't find a translation to the option :D

In Installed items section there is a box you can check if you want to play without modified items. I would like to know more about what it does. I think I can hide the CC in my game with it, but I'm afraid to try again, because last time I checked it and started the game, my whole computer got stuck (for five hours, until I gave up and forced it to shut down). I'm pretty sure that's not how it should work...

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It should do what you said. But if it doesn't work or breaks things as you describe, another way to play without your sims3pack Launcher installed CC is to go into the DCCache Folder and remove all of the dbc bundles. Save them elsewhere, I mean, don't delete them, so you can put them back if/when needed. But be careful with the ebc bundles -- those are your installed EA store content items, unless you intend to play without them as well.

Note that none of this applies to package based CC installed in Mods/Packages. Those are handled differently.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ah, yes. Thank you @igazor. My Mods folder is now empty, because I got the Materializing Materials problem. I actually started to delete CC from the Launcher by clicking them one by one... I'm badly addicted to the game for doing this :D

I'm also having problems logging to my account in game and in the Exchange. It worked today for a while, but after restarting the game it kicked me out again. EA's customer service hasn't been very helpfull with this.