Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together or Dine Out?

Hi all
I'm on a budget and am trying to decide (while this sale is going on) on whether I should get Get Together or Dine out along with a stuff pack. The perk of getting Dine Out is a new world, but I have never been into groups and things like that. I like when new clothes, hairstyles, skills, and foods are introduced, so I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone who has both have an opinion or which one I should buy first?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,630 Member
    Hello.
    Both packs have great features in them! Perhaps you may like to look at these guides to the packs and see if that may help you to decide. They explain the features and activities that come with the packs, as well as having pictures of the build/ buy mode and CAS items.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-dine-out-guide/
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Get Together is the one with the new world, which is gorgeous btw! Which also means new lots to live on. It also introduces cafes, which are a fun little thing to do. I'm not really a group kinda player either and honestly I haven't even used the club aspects at all. BUT they're really perfect for if you want to coordinate your Sims together on the fly. It makes it SUPER easy to keep everyone together. You can even use it for families too. All the CAS and Build Items in Get Together are beautiful and it's got a really nice cottagey/European style feel to it!

But Dine Out is also a lot of fun as well. There's tons of new food and there's quite a variety of things to use to decorate your own restaurant. You can go on dates to the restaurants which is cute too. There's not too much CAS in it but there's a good bit of Build/Buy Mode stuff and they're all really nice.

I have both and honestly they're both really great buys! I got Get Together when it was on sale because I didn't think I'd like it because of the group/party aspect. But I regret nothing! There's a lot more to it than just grouping and partying, and if you don't like partying you don't even have to bother with that stuff. Get Together is actually on sale right now, too!

In the end, I think it depends on what you fancy more: Running/decorating your own restaurant + New Venue to visit or New World + Cafes + Easy Group Coordination + New NPCs. Both have beautiful Build/Buy Mode stuff as well as CAS items. Just keep in mind that Get Together does have much more overall because it's an Expansion not a Gameplay Pack like Dine Out. Either way, you can't go wrong!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    raha78raha78 Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks all! Still a tough decision for me.

ByondTime 89, I mean to say Get Together has the new world, but mistyped.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dine out has places to go like new restaurants but no world. GT has a new world but very themed. And you won't actually have new venues though a few new venues are in game like a bar/pub and a new nightclub etc. But if you want something new get DO. Where as you are using the base game objects in GT to gather Sims to create a club hang out etc. Yes, you get a DJ but you can't work as one and take over and get paid. And you have dance skill (but level 5 is as high as it goes) and after a few club meetings I was tired of it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PublicityPublicity Posts: 121 Member
    It really depends on how you play. Based off your post I would think you'd like Get Together. The extra world is a big plus and it adds the DJ skill, dance skill, portable bars, and cafe's. The new espresso machine adds new types of drinks. The clubs are worth trying and you might find it useful. Just because when you're in a club gathering all the sims come to a lot and they do not leave until the gathering is over so it keeps people you may want to chat with from wandering off.

With Dine Out you're getting a restaurant and if you want to run one that's great. I don't do business ownership so I cannot speak on that. But you can go out to eat with the family and friends and dinner dates. The interactions are not very major you're just going out to eat. No propose at table or anything. Sims sitting side by side in a booth can share a bite, that's about it. I like having my birthday parties there. It does add experimental foods but there is this stove that takes up 4 spaces and it's the only one that can cook the foods, little bit of a downside there.

Overall, an expansion is always going to give you more than a game pack. What kind of feature you want to get your hands on first matters though. But an extra world from Get Together is definitely something I would go for first.