Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a way to get past the invisible walls glitch

So yesterday, ad I was ill, I had a little time to play on Sims and got the new pack however when I went to build one of the kids rooms, three walls were invisible. So redrawing the wall made the glitch go away and I had normal walls. This is probably known however I am making thus so people dont have to scrol lthrough a lot of threads..
To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I had the same problem and did the same thing to fix it. What was weird, when I redid the walls, everything but the wallpaper remained. Even a window that was on one of the invisible walls stayed. Decorations stayed. And I had the tiny triangles on walls after redoing the walls. I can't remember what the issue with the tiny triangles on walls being (maybe that means the roof won't work right? I really can't remember).

The kids room was the one without walls, and the bathroom next to it is the one with the tiny triangles at each wall intersection.

I really hope they get this disappearing walls taken care of. Wasn't there even a disappearing wall in the Guru's live stream of kids stuff?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @ChelleJo I didnt watch the live stream and same... Only wall paper came off.. But I think its coz it registers a wall there but u cant see it
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You could be right.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo coz the decor remains on the walls that r invisible and u can see the outline too so they r there... Just a glitch that has messed up a little code with showing walls
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I keep having wallpaper disappearing.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,630 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry to hear that you were unwell yesterday. I hope that you feel a little bit better today. Sending a hug to you <3

This link has suggestions about how to fix the invisible walls issue
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/invisibletransparent-walls/
  • Options
    @Inna Minnit try doin what I said in the first post and wallpaper over it and see if it works
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I didn't have this problem until yesterday. then five minutes later my game crashed. >:)
    Thanks for the how to repair it fellow simmers. <3
  • Options
    @feetinstockings I have only had this problem recently toovando nly once
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,753 Member
    I'm missing walls on my third floor. The windows are there, oddly enough, but you can see right through the walls. I may try to delete the invisible walls and put new ones in, to see if that works. I thought about replacing the entire lot for the copy of it in my library, but then I'd have to refurnish it and that's such a bother. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Re-painting the walls works as well and it's much easier a fix. :) I have this same glitch often.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2016
    I only have this on one wallpaper type. It was very annoying for me to figure out how to solve this. It is one wallpaper which in my game seems to be the paint or wallpaper (I may load later to find out it's name) which has like cream colored wall and dark paneling at bottom. The last patch I went in (haven't played much because of it after June 2nd patch) to see if it was solved. No, but I was able to get the clone eye dropper to clone the wall paper on a teeny part of wall that wasn't missing and just mouse over the missing walls (with walls up) and was able to get the wallpaper/paint back on the walls that was and it returned the walls just by mousing over them where you think they are. It is the most horrifying glitch in my game to say the least since I spent days if not a couple of months staring at pictures of Dark Shadows in 1966 of how I would make the inner house look like the stage house when the outside of that show's house is a real house and did not actually look like the stage house in the show. It was mind boggling to me, but I worked it out well enough for me to play. Real house outside, and fake stage house inside presented many challenges for me. So, I was very mad my walls had gone missing. But after I got them back I saved and quit.

Use the clone tool to try to get an eyedropper of the wall paper (close to bottom of a wall that still may be up) and just mouse over the missing walls with the tool in cursor. ETA: Note repainting a missing wall isn't all that simple and if you do it that way they will be missing next time you load. Using the eye dropper works better.

ETA: Take down the roof to make sure the June 2nd patch didn't put holes in your roof flooring and why the walls are missing in the first place along with one type of wallpaper> as this patch also put holes in the roof floor when there was none before. It was one freaking bug mess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar that wallpaper was fine for me after I solved the little bug, I'm sorry to hear ur having problems tho
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    So it was a glitch!! I thought I was the only one with this problem. I fixed it by drawing the wall back but couldn't recolor it. So I deleted the new wall, and watta ya know! My wall was back. Crazy!
  • Options
    @Deandylan well the issue isn't the wall being there or there wouldn't be decor on the wall or doors or windows, its just the game not registering them properly so they don't show but r still there so if they r redrawn, the code is almost refreshed in a way..
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get the wall glitch, no such luck, I did fix the few houses with this problem but I am having a problem with a basement in one of my houses, the "walls" are visible but paper thin, like only the wallpaper is there and the corners where the walls should meet are missing, none of the solutions for the invisible wall problem have worked. It's not really too bothersome as I can still see the "walls" with them up, I just wish that I could fix the missing corners.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    VfcapelaVfcapela Posts: 6 New Member
    Please help me?

I tried to do everything stated here and it does not seem to work. In the beginning, only a few walls had this problem. When I deleted the faulty walls and then hit Ctrl+Z to go back, the walls would go back to normal. However, when I exited the game or travelled somewhere and came back to the house, the walls would be invisible again.
    Now it has spread to all the walls in the house and you can only see the wallpaper in one of the sides + the decorations. I've tried deleting the walls and building them back, as well as replacing the wallpaper, but it does not work. Replacing the entire lot does not work either...

Thanks in advance for any help :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Vfcapela wrote: »
    Please help me?

I tried to do everything stated here and it does not seem to work. In the beginning, only a few walls had this problem. When I deleted the faulty walls and then hit Ctrl+Z to go back, the walls would go back to normal. However, when I exited the game or travelled somewhere and came back to the house, the walls would be invisible again.
    Now it has spread to all the walls in the house and you can only see the wallpaper in one of the sides + the decorations. I've tried deleting the walls and building them back, as well as replacing the wallpaper, but it does not work. Replacing the entire lot does not work either...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hello @Vfcapela .
    Try using the room or custom room tool to redraw the rooms, then apply the wall patterns.
    If you are still having issues, it would be best to post about your issue on this link thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Invisible-Walls/m-p/5381444#M24991
    Or post about your issue on the Builders Feedback thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-updated-6-16-16#latest
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer @rosemow
    Unfortunately, it did not work... Same results. Except now I only see the white default wallpaper. Any other ideas?
    I'll try to get some help on those websites, thanks for the help ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer @rosemow
    Unfortunately, it did not work... Same results. Except now I only see the white default wallpaper. Any other ideas?
    I'll try to get some help on those websites, thanks for the help ;)

Hello @Vfcapela .
    It would be good to post on either the AHQ EA site or the Builders feedback thread here on the forums. BryonyRae runs the thread here, and she is very helpful in working out build issues.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    Re-drawing the wall, adding wallpaper, deleting the wall, and re-building it is a more permanent fix for me. Simply re-drawing the wall helped during the current save, but the next day (real time) the invisible wall was back. By drawing, deleting, and re-building the wall, the wall remained visible the next time I loaded the game.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Re-drawing the wall, adding wallpaper, deleting the wall, and re-building it is a more permanent fix for me. Simply re-drawing the wall helped during the current save, but the next day (real time) the invisible wall was back. By drawing, deleting, and re-building the wall, the wall remained visible the next time I loaded the game.

Hello.
    It is helpful to know the workaround that you did in your game to make it a permanent fix for the issue. Thankyou for posting it :)
  • Options
    Hi there,

Thanks @HowGreatThouArt for the tip ;) The only problem is that this is happening to the entire building. That would mean deleting all the walls in the restaurant (this is a Dine Out building, by the way) and building them back again. Also, I have lots of roofs around the building, which is has three floors. When deleting outside walls, it completely ruins the structure :(

I was able to fix it, though. After deleting some walls (inside ones) multiple times and replacing the wallpaper, it still was not working. However, I travelled with my sim somewhere else and when I came back, it was fixed! It probably has to do with a problem loading the house/structure.

Thanks for all the help @rosemow and @HowGreatThouArt ;) I sure hope EA finds a solution to this problem quickly because it's really annoying and hard to fix (or so I found).
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Hi there,

Thanks @HowGreatThouArt for the tip ;) The only problem is that this is happening to the entire building. That would mean deleting all the walls in the restaurant (this is a Dine Out building, by the way) and building them back again. Also, I have lots of roofs around the building, which is has three floors. When deleting outside walls, it completely ruins the structure :(

I was able to fix it, though. After deleting some walls (inside ones) multiple times and replacing the wallpaper, it still was not working. However, I travelled with my sim somewhere else and when I came back, it was fixed! It probably has to do with a problem loading the house/structure.

Thanks for all the help @rosemow and @HowGreatThouArt ;) I sure hope EA finds a solution to this problem quickly because it's really annoying and hard to fix (or so I found).
    Happy Simming!

Hello.
    I am glad that your issue has been fixed. :) Happy Simming to you also!
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    delete the room then undo it, that fixes the problem
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth