May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I like - Building

SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Building is easily my favorite part of Sims games, and always has been. When I heard about building in Sims 4 I thought it was going to be completely dumbed down, like floorplans taken to an extreme. As with most of my expectations of things Sims 4, I was wrong. The part I was afraid of is there, but I'm allowed to completely ignore it. That's the best possible solution - allowing people who don't like designing and building to quickly build or modify a house and get on with their playing, while allowing me to custom design. And as for building designs, I feel like I have more creative control than ever before. (Except for colorings. What's with taking away custom colorings?)

Anyway, while building a house earlier I just became aware of how much better it is and wanted to express my appreciation for it. Thanks Maxis/Sims team!

PS: Please give me back my zebra carpets and industrial metallic couches. Thanks!

Edit: I'm on the verge or retracting this statement. The more I build, the less impressed I am. There are still things I really like, but some of the most creative features seem to have been left out.
- It's great there are different room heights, but why not different room height on the same level? It seems to me like the best reason for introducing room heights is so that that they could be combined to form different levels of building.
- Along with room height, comes terrain levels. I didn't notice they were completely gone at first, but once I did I was dismayed.
Post edited by SimonSimpson on