Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long are you open for business?

Just out of curiosity how long do you guys keep your retail/restaurants open for? I usually tell people to go home around 16 hours :D
1FKDfKj.png

Comments

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    11-12 hours. :)
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2016
    I over work my sims employees. I get them to do a 19 hour shift. 21 hours once. But they was very dissatisfied. They are all on max pay and skills. You just have to praise them and inspire them a lot! The restaurant is still 5 star and no employees have ever walked out on my sim yet. My sims just sits back and knocks the nectar back while observing :wink:
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    12 PM to 11 PM. I have my sim meet 1 hour before 12PM to clean up the plates and trash etc.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    12 hours is really the max for my sims. They cannot work longer than that.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    YurusumajiYurusumaji Posts: 175 Member
    10-12 hours for me. Seems to be the right amount of time. Right around 12 is when your employees start getting antsy.
  • Options
    madonnersmadonners Posts: 136 Member
    I push the limits! 16h all day every day !
    MadgeIronThrone.jpg
  • Options
    madonnersmadonners Posts: 136 Member
    but they have 1 day off a week. :blush:
    MadgeIronThrone.jpg
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    8-12 hours for most days. If my staff are getting tired, I close at 8 hours. My manager tidies up the restaurant after the customers and staff have left.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    10 to 12, depending on what's going on.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I open my restaurant at 8am, I disallow new customers at 1pm and then I close at 4/5pm depending on how many are still eating ;)
  • Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    about 12 hours, they seem to get really upset at 24 hrs.

How long does everyone wait after closing to re-open? Trying to figure out also how long the "training" takes.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    Noon-11pm.. sad part is that even with fast eater, anddisallowing at 6pm still takes that long for everyone and late arrivals to leave. Longest was 15 hours due to food critic, but I got that 5 star review
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 95 Member
    My limit is sometimes 11:30 am to Noon or Noon to Midnight cause yeah, my employees will start to get tired and I don't wanna overwork them to death.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Around 12pm to 3am
  • Options
    I tend to close if it's a long shift when I get the first "so and so is getting tired" notification.. but i try to aim for 10-11 hours.
  • Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I just finished a 31hr shift.
  • Options
    Bekahx3Bekahx3 Posts: 115 Member
    I stay open from around 11am til 9 pm because I read on someone's guide that it encompasses the busiest lunch and dinner hours. If I stay open much later than that, my staff starts getting upset.
    Me and my bae Michael. Drawn by Sonatines on the ourWorld game forums.
    70e3abc2e7.jpg
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    I'm being super nice, I usually activate "disallow new customers" when I'm around 7 hours in, so my day ends at 9-10 hours. Then again, I've only run a restaurant for two days.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I'm being super nice, I usually activate "disallow new customers" when I'm around 7 hours in, so my day ends at 9-10 hours. Then again, I've only run a restaurant for two days.

I try not to disallow customers because it will not bring in anymore § § § § and it will cost the Restaurant more § § § § in wages :) I always close and send everyone home and my sim cleans up :smirk:
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    8-10 hours, mainly because my Sim gets tired -- she's sleeping in a tent in back of the restaurant until she makes enough for a bed and walls. And I have to keep the tent in inventory because the waitress keeps trying to take a nap there.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I just had a chef leave, because he was dissatisfied!
    I think he didn't like working longer than 8 hours...
    But I hired him again and gave him a raise, so fingers crossed he'll stay this time.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    10-11 hours and Sometime prior to that or after I try to start disallowing customers and that way the staff only has the customers within the doors to take care.. My Sim no longer needs to welcome, so I have her/him do clean up and go around praising the staff and checking if they need promoted or if it can wait.. then I check perks and see if there are any I qualify for.. I also prioritize their orders even though they are the only one so that it is done quicker. ( at least it seems to do that).. I decided before increasing staff, I chose the perk that brings in faster eaters.. lol we'll see how that goes..
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I usually stop allowing new customers after being open for 3-4 hours. It takes them around 4-5 hours after that to sit, order, get the food, eat, and go. So I keep it open usually between 8-10 hours if it's not too buggy.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    8am-9pm
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I remember one day I closed 7 hours in cause I goofed when moving staff into a household to escape culling.. and had to retrain the lot of them when I rehired them.. food critic came, and I was like Nope. Was not ready to deal with that right now... Lost only 1 star during retraining but got a 5 star rock star staff again