Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Architect's Car Gets Stuck In Family Inventory

I've tried researching this problem beforehand, but couldn't find a clear solution. This has happened with a couple of my architects before. They go to the clients house in their own car, then the car gets stuck in the family inventory. What has happened with my current Sim, she drives her car to the clients house and she'll use her cousin's car which is on the home lot to drive back home. But her car ends up getting stuck in the family inventory. The only solution I saw was that traveling gets the items unstuck, but I'm not trying to go on vacation every time my Sim has a job.

Does anyone else have this problem? Thank in advance.

@igazor is there a way to take the cars out of the inventory?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    First, try sorting the family inventory to see if that unsticks things. On the ground of the household lot or its map tag, NRaas > MC > Sort Inventory.

If that doesn't help, with the sim active, if you click on the ground of the household lot or its map tag there should be a choice that looks something like NRaas > MasterController > Transfer From that will allow you to shift an item like directly into the active sim's inventory.

I've had that also not work though, or the item still be unusable/unselectable, and sometimes have to force-delete it with NRaas > MC > Object Stats > (Sim, Family, Inventory, Non-Inventory, Active, whatever works) and then buy them a new one. It's even more painful when the item is not a car, but something really difficult to replace like a medical professional's pager.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    First, try sorting the family inventory to see if that unsticks things. On the ground of the household lot or its map tag, NRaas > MC > Sort Inventory.

If that doesn't help, with the sim active, if you click on the ground of the household lot or its map tag there should be a choice that looks something like NRaas > MasterController > Transfer From that will allow you to shift an item like directly into the active sim's inventory.

I've had that also not work though, or the item still be unusable/unselectable, and sometimes have to force-delete it with NRaas > MC > Object Stats > (Sim, Family, Inventory, Non-Inventory, Active, whatever works) and then buy them a new one. It's even more painful when the item is not a car, but something really difficult to replace like a medical professional's pager.

Hello,
    I am having the same issue my sim is in the architectural career and i bought her the tofunda wagon but now its stuck in the family inventory.
    I have MC though i have not taken time to sit down and learn its full capabilities. I heard that WA can help if you go on a vacation but i am planning to buy it later not now.
    I tried some of the troubleshooting you suggested but some options are either not available or they work for the sim's personal inventory and not the family inventory.
    The second and third option are a bit confusing. Can you please explain futher thanks :).
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    @stepbot153 -
    2 - If you click on the ground of the household lot, under NRaas you should see a regular MasterController (it has an orange circle by its name) and a special one (no orange circle) that contains a command called Transfer From. That ought to be able to force a transfer from items in the family inventory to the personal inventory of the sim who happens to be active at the time. You might also be able to find the command on the regular MasterController menu, under Household.

If the ground of the residential lot doesn't work, try a wall of the house or the lot's map tag in Map View.

3 - The Object Stats menu is under Household. NRaas > MC > Household > Object Stats > Family (or try Inventory). From that list, if you select an item there is an option to Flush it, which is merely a force-delete.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    What if you clone it first then flush it? I think Debug Enabler let's you clone objects.
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    @stepbot153 -
    2 - If you click on the ground of the household lot, under NRaas you should see a regular MasterController (it has an orange circle by its name) and a special one (no orange circle) that contains a command called Transfer From. That ought to be able to force a transfer from items in the family inventory to the personal inventory of the sim who happens to be active at the time. You might also be able to find the command on the regular MasterController menu, under Household.

If the ground of the residential lot doesn't work, try a wall of the house or the lot's map tag in Map View.

3 - The Object Stats menu is under Household. NRaas > MC > Household > Object Stats > Family (or try Inventory). From that list, if you select an item there is an option to Flush it, which is merely a force-delete.

Thank you for explaining, I will try it again when I load up my game again. P.S. I just downloaded MC Cheats module to see if the options you mentioned will come up. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it turns out. :D
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    @stepbot153 -

Thank you for explaining, I will try it again when I load up my game again. P.S. I just downloaded MC Cheats module to see if the options you mentioned will come up. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it turns out. :D

MC Cheats is required for Object Stats command in (3), sorry for not having mentioned that. I don't think it is for special inventory transfer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!