Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

speed buttons still broken!!

is it just me that is getting frustrated with the broken speed buttons? its not that they don't work (sometimes) but anything that seems to happen during the speed up gets erased, for example, time that has passed will roll back a sim hour when the game play is returned to normal, or what is the most frustrating is trying to build skill on the sped up mode, it'll go to 100% but then continue to increase! i left my game for a while and it was at 377% but hadn't increased at all! then when i returned to normal speed all the progress had vanished as if i'd never even bothered improving their skill! that is so frustrating. i'm not bothered about using cheats or not, that's what this game prides itself on, player choice but i HATE having to use cheats to fix something because the game still hasn't fixed this! i want to sit back and see my "story" progress, not have to enter cheat mode to fix what should be working anyway

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2016
    Welshy wrote: »
    is it just me that is getting frustrated with the broken speed buttons? its not that they don't work (sometimes) but anything that seems to happen during the speed up gets erased, for example, time that has passed will roll back a sim hour when the game play is returned to normal, or what is the most frustrating is trying to build skill on the sped up mode, it'll go to 100% but then continue to increase! i left my game for a while and it was at 377% but hadn't increased at all! then when i returned to normal speed all the progress had vanished as if i'd never even bothered improving their skill! that is so frustrating. i'm not bothered about using cheats or not, that's what this game prides itself on, player choice but i HATE having to use cheats to fix something because the game still hasn't fixed this! i want to sit back and see my "story" progress, not have to enter cheat mode to fix what should be working anyway
    Something to try since its possible the bug is tied to CPU is pause for a few seconds before selecting norm speed or see if selecting the second fast speed for a few seconds before normal helps. It's possible if you give your system a bit of time to process the advancement you may not lose it
  • Options
    jmairecurtisjmairecurtis Posts: 53 Member
    I have the same problem and have tried multiple things to fix it and it's still happening.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    I have the same problem and have tried multiple things to fix it and it's still happening.

Hello,
    I am sorry that you are also experiencing this issue. If you haven't already done it, try doing the suggestions that ceejay and i posted in the above posts and see if that helps.
    Try testing with other households in your game and see if the issues remain.
    Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Try testing in a new save game and see if the same issues occur.