Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing Links to CC

Hi this may seem like such a stupid discussion but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I started playing sims 4 for myself and I love CC, but now I'm sharing stories and participating in comps and I'm concerned about sharing the CC I've found, i didn't do a very good job of organizing it so I would only have a guess about where I found it if someone wanted to know where I found it. Since I've been involved on this forum I've tried to do a better job of categorizing everything but I'm just curious about how everyone else is keeping track of everything. I'm not organized by nature haha it's a learned skill IRL not something I'm good at haha so just wondering what tips you guys have for keeping track or if there's a way to find out where I found the cc originally or anything like that. I'd love to give credit where credit is due especially if someone asks. Thanks in advance, sorry if this cheeses anyone off but it is what it is and I'd love to fix it!

Comments

• Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Maybe you find some of your CC here:
    http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com

What my organizing with cc is simple. I am not using much and I just take it from lana cc or mod the sims. I want to stop using it so I guess I am maybe not the right one for this :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    haha @Marialein this isn't where I was getting my cc but I'm glad you posted that cause I love the stuff that's there! I guess I'm just wondering about the etiquette, if I'm supposed to link to all the cc I use while posting pics of my legacies, or my modeling comps (no one else seems to be, but if asked some of them can tell you where it came from so I dunno?)
    I just wanna do things right!!!!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Hi! You might get more responses on this if you move it to the sims 4 modding section.
    I keep my cc and some mods in subfolders. Your resource.cfg file needs to have some extra lines in it in order to support more than one layer of subfolders so what I would suggest is to pull your mods folder to the desktop and start your game, exiting out when it gets to the main menu. A new mods folder and resource.cfg will be created and you will now be able to have up to five layers of subfolders.
    I have these subfolders labeled as CAS, Build-Buy, etc. in the first layer. Below that I have more subfolders based on age, gender, creator, object function, room, etc.
    To help figure out what some of the cc that is currently in your mods folder is, I would suggest downloading Sims 4 Studio. Free registration is needed to download and post and the program does sometimes need updating with patches. There are some helpful tutorials there that will tell you how to look at what is in the various .package files in your mods folder. The program also has some other helpful functions such as enabling/disabling items from appearing on randomly generated sims, keeping cc clothing from being put on sims while they're supposed to be nude, etc. The people there are very nice and helpful so if you can't find a tutorial there you can always ask.
    Once you've got your current cc organized you're pretty much set- just make sure to put new cc in the proper place when you put it in your game. Exactly how you organize it is up to you and everyone will have different preferences. Good luck!