The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > I think they can't announce like they did in past games because this new game engine needs so much reworking and bug fixing. If they came out and said that toddlers would be EP3 out in June, but June came and went with no EP3 and toddlers because they are still tweaking the EP to work correctly, how disappointed and angry would some players be? Maybe they decided to wait until the packs work properly (as much as they can) before announcing a release date. I don't think they are being mean or controlling, just cautious.

You do realize that you're talking about the Sims 4 development team. They couldn't make a Solitaire game without bugs, let alone an expansion pack or game or stuff pack properly. :/
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I honestly don't understand why everyone is freaking out...First of all, they would definitely not have info on toddlers, that is under wraps up. Secondly, they would only if anything know the next GP. However, they would not know anything after that. Don't most players want toddlers to be patched in? They have not even said anything about patches. So let's all relax at least until tuesday..
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Goldmoldar lol Thanks for the laugh! :smiley:

A garden hose elephant costume would look good with a hot dog Sim ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    LenaDieters11, I gave you a Awesome cause I like the way you think, so thanks, :).
  • Options
    CilleMaggieCilleMaggie Posts: 5 New Member
    NO WAY
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Many may not like the silence, but it's probably a smart move on Maxis part. Think if Maxis made the statement already that no toddlers were coming. They would ride out the storm and that would be that. The game would slide out of mind to anyone who doesn't play it and the chance of them picking up new players will most likely be gone. By not saying anything, it keeps potential customers around and keeps topics like this one alive, which keeps the game in the forefront.

They removed or watered down a complete play style with TS4 and so alienated a good portion of that player base. All those people are potential customers who may not be contributing financially to the product, but who still have a interest in the game if certain things are met. It keeps the game current and doesn't let it sink into stagnation. Lets face it, gamers now days aren't happy if everything is rainbows and unicorns. They like forum PVP and controversy.

No, they have you right where they want you. Complaining and keeping an otherwise underwhelming game relevant.
  • Options
    dirtyDdirtyD Posts: 65 Member
    [quote="mmoblitz;14736305"]Many may not like the silence, but it's probably a smart move on Maxis part. Think if Maxis made the statement already that no toddlers were coming. They would ride out the storm and that would be that. The game would slide out of mind to anyone who doesn't play it and the chance of them picking up new players will most likely be gone. By not saying anything, it keeps potential customers around and keeps topics like this one alive, which keeps the game in the forefront.

They removed or watered down a complete play style with TS4 and so alienated a good portion of that player base. All those people are potential customers who may not be contributing financially to the product, but who still have a interest in the game if certain things are met. It keeps the game current and doesn't let it sink into stagnation. Lets face it, gamers now days aren't happy if everything is rainbows and unicorns. They like forum PVP and controversy.

No, they have you right where they want you. Complaining and keeping an otherwise underwhelming game relevant.[/quote]

Well that's certainly not true for me. I stopped playing months ago (Jan/Feb) cause the game is so dull to me. All my sims feel the same, emotions are pretty much pointless, hated the goal oriented game play, and overall the game gets boring after an hour or two. When I was playing the only thing that really captured my attention was cooking and gardening which I hoped by 4 generation of the series would have been more detailed. I won't start playing again until something amazing captures my attention and I feel like I have to get it, which seems doubtful at this point.

I think all the players who want toddlers should just boycott the game until they return or we get an offical word or when to expect them or if we should stop hoping for them. That's what I'm doing.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I have no plans to buy any more game packs, stuff packs, or expansion packs. I will follow the thread but will not continue to support the Sims 4 until they start talking about toddlers and fixing these issues in the game. Whats the point in adding new content when I can't even enjoy it because they refuse to put in an option for me to tell my sims at home what to do while I'm away. Important things like homework or work choirs. Whats the point when their are culling issues and I have to deal with friends disappearing. Toddlers can't fix this either. So if Tuesday (which I do not believe will happen, this is just an example) they mentioned toddlers, I still wouldn't buy it because there's to many issues with the game.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    Kaesi99Kaesi99 Posts: 32 Member
    > @kphillips2977 said:
    > I have no plans to buy any more game packs, stuff packs, or expansion packs. I will follow the thread but will not continue to support the Sims 4 until they start talking about toddlers and fixing these issues in the game. Whats the point in adding new content when I can't even enjoy it because they refuse to put in an option for me to tell my sims at home what to do while I'm away. Important things like homework or work choirs. Whats the point when their are culling issues and I have to deal with friends disappearing. Toddlers can't fix this either. So if Tuesday (which I do not believe will happen, this is just an example) they mentioned toddlers, I still wouldn't buy it because there's to many issues with the game.

They won't mention toddlers on Tuesday (it's already confirmed) and btw I am 100% with you on this. If the announcement is as underwhelming as I expect it to be, I am most likely going to uninstall my Sims 4 and play Sims 3 again instead.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited April 2016
    Honestly, by now, would it really surprise anybody if they didn't add toddlers?

They did this game all backwards because instead of catering to the audience they already had, they made the sims 4 to draw in a new audience (which they aren't doing well with anyway). They tried to take it in a new direction and failed (which most don't even see yet). Then, they are still trying to force this new "party-hardy, skill up" focus they have going on simmers that just don't understand their "vision" (paraphrased from rachel franklin interview). That's exactly why the game is so boring. You go to parties and skill up, that's all this game is.

It's like a mobile game for your computer.

It's like taking a family run local restaurant that serves fresh, local food and turning it into a chain restaurant across the country.
    Post edited by jaxie086 on
  • Options
    Kaesi99Kaesi99 Posts: 32 Member
    > @jaxie086 said:
    > Honestly, by now, would it really surprise anybody if they didn't add toddlers?
    >
    > They did this game all backwards because instead of catering to the audience they already had, they made the sims 4 to draw in a new audience (which they aren't doing well with anyway). They tried to take it in a new direction and failed (which most don't even see yet). Then, they are still trying to force this new "party-hardy, skill up" focus they have going on simmers that just don't understand their "vision" (paraphrased from rachel franklin interview). That's exactly why the game is so boring. You go to parties and skill up, that's all this game is.
    >
    > It's like a mobile game for your computer.

I absolutely agree. My frustration with this has reached a level of pure craziness. I am so done.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I still think this person knows what they are talking about. Drake only said that their team will make official announcements, she didn't say that the info we were given was incorrect. What I took it to mean is that it's not 'official' confirmation until it is announced by their team.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    > @CrackFox said:
    > I still think this person knows what they are talking about. Drake only said that their team will make official announcements, she didn't say that the info we were given was incorrect. What I took it to mean is that it's not 'official' confirmation until it is announced by their team.

I have to agree with you on this statement. I believe there to be truth behind this leak. Even though it is not considered official because it wasn't announced by the team. This doesn't mean it is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Playing with words is very tricky. I take psychology and graduate May 15th with my BA, word play is only one of the many things I have learned in psychology. I have also learned that companies like to play with words to lure people in or guide them away from something they have seen, to something they would rather then focusing on. Its like with my birds, If I don't want them to do something, I distract them with something else till they forget what they were doing. Same thing with these words, people took this as not true because it isn't official, but official in EA terms is that its not being released its not something they will announce at that time. Not that this leak wasn't true.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It seems real from where I am standing
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    GIVE US THE BUTHON TO SLOW DOWN GAME WE WANNA PLAY IN REAL TIME I DONT WANNA REAL LIFE I JUST WANNA GO IN SIM WORLD AND DONT COME OUT ENYMORE!!!! :smile: :wink: :smiley:
  • Options
    DONT FORGET REAL TIME BUTON IN THESIMS 5
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    @SimGuruDrake could you remind @thesimsserbia of the forum rules about posting in all cap thank you
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,317 Member
    edited April 2016
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is slowly getting tired of all of this toddler talk now?

I mean I loaded up my old PC to work on some music and completely forgot about the forums. When I come back two minutes ago, every single thread that has new messages is about toddlers. I am not sure how I can describe all of this hype and as hype usually leads to disappointment, how bad could things be next week if the announcement is classified as negative?

:disappointed:

Why do you go in every toddler thread then?

Lol I often wonder the same thing. :p Especially since his trial play confirmed that Sim 4 was not for him.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited April 2016

I mean I loaded up my old PC to work on some music and completely forgot about the forums. When I come back two minutes ago, every single thread that has new messages is about toddlers. I am not sure how I can describe all of this hype and as hype usually leads to disappointment, how bad could things be next week if the announcement is classified as negative?

I don't even know why he's in TS4's forums in the first place.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

I don't even know why he's in TS4's forums in the first place.

To promote his YouTube videos
  • Options
    AngleFireAngleFire Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Anemone7 said:
    > king_of_simcity7 wrote: »
    >
    > Am I the only one who is slowly getting tired of all of this toddler talk now?
    >
    > I mean I loaded up my old PC to work on some music and completely forgot about the forums. When I come back two minutes ago, every single thread that has new messages is about toddlers. I am not sure how I can describe all of this hype and as hype usually leads to disappointment, how bad could things be next week if the announcement is classified as negative?
    >
    > :disappointed:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why do you go in every toddler thread then?
    >I love the toddlers and spend most of my time in sims 3 now with my babies and pets I am oh so happy! Sims 4 is BORINGGG!!!
  • Options
    sorry friendlysimmers about caps i dint know that i cant use them!!!