Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves, and how to do them right

Werewolves have always been my favorite life state in the Sims games and while I was very pleased when they arrived in the Sims 3 there were several issues with them. Which is why I'm here to talk about how I want to see them handled when/if they are brought into the sims 4!

First of all, I loved the idea of the werewolf form being completely different and customizable, but personally I always made it very similar to my sims human form, just with more muscle and body hair. This would be fine were it not for the fact that the werewolf form defaulted to quite ugly defaults, and making them look like the base sim required a tedious process of writing down bar values and recreating the sims appearance manually. This combined with that awful bug that reset the werewolf form made this a nightmare.

The code is already there with Alien disguises so I have hope that the bug will not be in the Sims 4, but what I would love is for the werewolf form to either default to the sims base appearance (but can be changed to anything) or for there to be an option in the werewolf form CAS to make it resemble the human form.

Secondly, while having energy deplete slower but not raise very much when sleeping was a good idea it was so frustrating when the sim had work in a few hours and their energy was stuck at a low value. Maybe make it so that beds/sofa's restore energy slower but they can sleep curled up on the floor for normal energy regeneration?

Finally, the werewolf form was a bit limited, in not being able to conceive, travel abroad (if I remember correctly) and other things. It felt annoying to be barred from doing certain things until the night was over.

It may sound like a lot but after seeing well Aliens were handled in the Sims 4 I have hope that other life states will be as high quality. :)

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I heard werewolf, and I came a runnin'!

Werewolf pregnancy: It's not possible in the werewolf form, presumably due to the inspiration this came from, a show called "Being Human". As in that show, transforming into a werewolf would be fatal for the baby.

Werewolf is my favorite life state too! :p

Did you know the Fitness slider was increased whe they transformed in The Sims 3?

I'm hoping the The Sims 4 team draw inspiration from the show "Supernatural" this time around. But, other sources are welcome. :)

Did you see the painting that was included with Spooky Stuff? "The Dashing Lord Lycan"? That may be what Werewolves will look like in The Sims 4. :o

The canine nose, glowing eyes, fur in the place of skin, pointy ears, the teeth, the hairstyle and beard. :)
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Votes for all the above. I soooo can't wait for supernaturals. While vamps are my fav I loved playing with weres as well. I hope the spooky day paintings are an indication of what's to come.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    I assumed the inability to get pregnant in werewolf form was to prevent issues in the code, and that was why they couldn't travel abroad in werewolf form either. I suppose it could have simply been a design decision though.

Personally I hope we get them before a supernatural themed expansion (which might take a while). Nightlife/City Living with Vampires and Pets with Werewolves as the next two expansions? Yes please!

One of the benefits to having Werewolves come as part of a pets expansion again is the possibility of more interactions between them and pets, which would be really cool.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Votes for all the above. I soooo can't wait for supernaturals. While vamps are my fav I loved playing with weres as well. I hope the spooky day paintings are an indication of what's to come.

I can't wait for a Supernatural pack, it was one of my favorite Expansions. :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I Hope they Draw Inspiration from Teen Wolf.

different hair pieces.

Different shift phases, Human - Pre wolf - Werewolf - Wolf (Alpha Exclusive)

But power wise, I really want Pack Mentality, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics.
    Born Werewolves are automatically Betas.
    Humans who ask for the bite are risking a lot. there should a 50/50 shot. either the bite takes successfully. if the bite doesn't take the sim is doomed to die, a slow rabid death. it's Supernatural Nature.
    Werewolves only shift/come out during a dull moon, not every night cycle.
    Exclusive tracking, Sensing, fighting and Howling Skills.
    Wolfs bane can poison and Eventually kill the werewolf.

Alphas
    only their bite has the power to turn a human into a werewolf, if the Alpha wills it. Werewolves don't ask to bite, but they can offer.
    Taketh Away - Alpha's bite gave you the Lycan gift, the Alpha's bite can taketh it away. also a 50/50 shot of fatality.
    100% in control During a full moon
    Shifting power evolve into a real wolf at will
    Use their claws to steal/dig up/bury memories
    can control the shift of Beta's Omegas
    Strong Howling
    Heightened senses
    Heightened Needs
    take Pain away from others. (Emotional pain like Anger, Sadness, Tense.)
    can pass on the power if they're dying/ready to retire - they can teach their successor all the new abilities the New Alpha will have. (Alphas can pass on the status to children. (its for a story I have, a Mother Alpha is dying and to keep the family legacy alive she must pass on her power to her 12 year old son, and on his 13th birthday He go into his first shift, but it will be too much for him, because there's no one to help him))
    Intimidate with Eye glow, fangs, claws

Betas
    Born Betas
    75% in control during a full moon
    Decent Howling
    Heightened senses
    Heightened Needs
    Can take away Pain from others
    Can steal Power from Alpha - In Teen Wolf the only way was to Kill the current Alpha who bit/birthed them

Bitten Betas
    are 50% in control
    Decent Howling
    Heightened senses
    Heightened Needs
    Can take away Pain from others

Omegas - ever heard of Moon-Moon the Derpy Wolf? Go google, moon moon memes, your omega werewolf is Moon Moon.
    0-25%
    pathetic howling... if you can call it howling.
    Heightened senses
    Heightened Needs
    Can take away Pain from others/increase pain accidentally.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    :o Wow @MasonGamer you've really put a lot of thought into this!

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    :o Wow @MasonGamer you've really put a lot of thought into this!

it's what I do. I've been thinking since sims 3 Supernatural I didn't really like how it was, I was always like "it should be this way." "I should be able to do, it this way." it was very stereotypical and it made me angry, that it limited my ideas and play style.

I have a whole thing to replace Witches with Sorcerers.

and Vampires. I think it would be cool, and I would definitely play with them more, if when vampires bit Supernaturals different things would happen than if they bit a Human and received blood.

If a Vampire bit say a Sorcerer, they would sap the Sorcerer of his/her powers making them human. the Vampire would then acquire all of the Sorcerer's powers and would be able to use it against the sorcerer.
    the only way for the sorcerer would regain his/her powers is if the player saved a back up of their power in their personal Spell book. and recover what was lost. Spells book is updatable.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no no werewolves in game keep werewolves and supernaturals out of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > no no werewolves in game keep werewolves and supernaturals out of the sims4

I play as a human in real life all the time, I want something different!
  • Options
    no no werewolves in game keep werewolves and supernaturals out of the sims4

As much as you don't want them... and probably more... I want them.

• Options
    It would be amazing if Werewolves growled at pets, and had a random response from the pet. :)
  • Options
    TsukikoShinimiTsukikoShinimi Posts: 14 New Member
    You know ive seen this idea a lot and im not sure it's useful at all. People are mentioning teen wolf based ideas and the specific idea I don't like is being able to dig your claws into another Sims neck to retrieve memories. Like what? More than likely the only memory you'll get is the sim plum himself once in school.

And Im hoping they'll make our werewolves more ferocious. I kinda want the werewolves to be like how they made vampires. As in vampires can duel and it looks cool. Werewolves should be able to duel. Vampires aspire to be grand master. Wolves would be alpha or something like that. Vampires can earn/learn abilities and weaknesses. So should werewolves. And so on. And im not really fond of the idea of werewolves turning into actual full wolves (unless its an option) because you're just turning your sim into a dog. And if you must turn into a full wolf I hope there's like some sort of CAS for your wolf. Same goes for the people who want the werewolves to look like a complete beast. It's cool and all but im pretty sure it'll be challenging for the sims to make because it's so new. So what I think will happen is everyone will look the same in that form. No uniqueness. I just want something in between. And I would want them to keep two things from the sims 3 supernatural. Glowing eyes in human form and running on all fours. And going back to the top, what I meant by ferocious is not just appearance but action. New actions/interactions that are maybe violent and wild.

An idea I had was with the wolf packs. It would be cool if packs had some sort of identity. Like you could go up to a Sim and learn their traits and all that plum but you could also learn what pack their apart of. You could join packs or you could offer other Sims to join yours. And there would be a type of trial to join packs. Some packs would require certain skill levels like agility or strength. Or just certain level wolves. And there could be rival packs. Like you could get in a fight with another werewolf and you become enemies. But if the sim is apart of a pack the pack members would hate you too. Imagine walking through town and suddenly you get jumped by some of those pack memebers. It would be interesting. It would be cool if packs could duel other packs too. Packs would fight to be the strongest. Even if you're not in a pack you could still fight others to assert dominance. I just want werewolves to be significantly different from normal Sims. All that could be a reason for your werewolf sim to workout more and level up. Even if you want a normal sim. You would need to be strong to defend yourself. I hope you can be a werewolf hunter too. So not only do you fear other werewolves but you fear the hunters.(and also if you have a lover in a pack you want to be in you could use your lover to join ;3) (but if you break up with your lover right after you get what you want you run the risk of your ex trying to get you banished)

And I see people want werewolves to be in the pets expansion pack.
    1. The pets pack is coming in November so that isn't a lot of time to work on our ideas and expectations.
    2. The pets pack is about pets. Their main focus would be on pets so there's the chance of them doing another rush job on werewolves.
    3. If werewolves would to be included with pets more than likely werewolves would be like in supernatural. Werewolves would be pets. You know, the ol' rubbing their belly and stuff.

I mean I would like for werewolves to be around other animals but the expansion packs should be seperated.

It would nice for werewolves (and werewolf hunters) to want to hide their secret. For it to be very important. So like a teen werewolf (not the show teen wolf) would have the risk of getting exposed during school or even outside of school. And the people who find out about their secret would treat them differently and the word would spread. Some people wouldn't care, some people react in a positive way and some negatively. And it doesn't have to be just teens. It could be the other ages. Like adults could be exposed at work. But if a close friend or relative finds out your secret somehow they would keep it and say "whoa, don't worry I won't tell nobody"

You know how when your sim is working or at school you have the option to "work hard" "slack off" and what not. Well there should be an option to act more wolf like. Which would benefit you by helping you level up or whatever but you get the risk of getting exposed. It would make sense because when you work hard you get promoted. When slack off you get in trouble.

And that's all I have

P.s. my cuss words were changed to 'plum'