Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Copying a World/Save

I was wondering if there is a option to copy an existing world/save to start a new family with. I'm sorry if this has been asked before :3

On one of my saves, I redid a lot of the worlds with custom lots and gave most of the townies makeovers/moved in custom made simmies, which was time consuming to say the least.
I have a few new sims I created, but want a new game with them, without having redo all the lots/townies.

I know there was an option in Sims 3 to do so, I did it all the time after customizing some of the cities. Does anyone know how to do this or if you can?

Thanks! ^_^
"Silence is the most powerful scream."

Comments

• Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    Do 2 "save as" files for the game you want to copy then in one of them use that as your base for the new world and edit it how you want to start. I recommend of you want to use that world again to have an addition save file for it as a base world.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    edited December 2015
    You could do a save as like what lilacksb said, but that new save will be the continuation of the previous save you copied.

Or you can just put that new family into the save you already have. In TS4, you can easily play rotationally. So if you don't like your old family, you can just leave them aside or delete them from the world.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    You could save your sims that you want to restart with for the gallery. Then reload an old save you had with just the townies/etc made over and begin a new save gamed from there and put your families from gallery into the save. They will keep all skills but not inventories or relationships either I think?
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    Ahhh okay, thank you! :)

I just didn't want to screw up the progression with my main family, I've not played rotational family style so much or in one save before. I was a bit confused.

Thank you all for the help!
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."