Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

logging in problems

I seem to be having trouble logging into my game, when I go to collect my bonuses on the party boat it directs me to my facebook and google play login and when I select the button to do so, it keep saying there was a problem logging in, it's doing this now with both accounts. I can play the game fine and it autosaves when I want to quit, so there are no problems there, I just can't log in. I'm also waiting on this new winter update that everyone keeps going on about, I have tried going through google play to see if i can update it manually but can't see anything to update, any help to sort this out would be great thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Ddolphy527Ddolphy527 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am also having a login problem with the party boat and I seem to of lost 75 of my neighbors due to this login issue so I would like to know what to do as well. :(
  • Options
    Alleykat1445Alleykat1445 Posts: 71 Member
    Good to know i'm not the only one, 75 neighbours is a lot to lose, i only had a few but i'm managing to play the game just fine, just waiting on this winter update (this was the reason why i logged out in the first place, to see if it would auto update after i logged back in, but to no avail) lets hope they sort it out soon :)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2015
    I seem to be having trouble logging into my game, when I go to collect my bonuses on the party boat it directs me to my facebook and google play login and when I select the button to do so, it keep saying there was a problem logging in, it's doing this now with both accounts. I can play the game fine and it autosaves when I want to quit, so there are no problems there, I just can't log in. I'm also waiting on this new winter update that everyone keeps going on about, I have tried going through google play to see if i can update it manually but can't see anything to update, any help to sort this out would be great thanks :)
    I have the same problem very often. But I can easily solve it every time:

1. "There was a problem logging in". The game opens Facebook.
    2. Facebook tells me that the game is already authorized.
    3. I click "OK".
    4. Then I click "Done".
    5. I am returned to the game and now I can see all my friends again :)

But if I just close Facebook without clicking as described then I still can't see my friends. So the two clicks are very important!

The problem came with a recent update - and only on iOS. I play the game on two tablets. But there is no problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Only on my iPad Air 2.
  • Options
    I managed to sort the facebook logging in problem, i'm still however having trouble with logging into the google play. I've still not received any notifications to update my game to the new winter update, i play this on my android phone, so i'm not sure if there is a problem with updates for the android system. If anyone has any solutions for this i'd really appreciate it :)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I haven't any problems with Google Play and I have updated to the winter update many days ago. I play on an android tablet though.
  • Options
    I finally got it sorted out, just uninstalled it after backing it up to the cloud, then reinstalled it and got the winter update, so, i'm now half way through the quest.. yay :) lol
  • Options
    Ddolphy527Ddolphy527 Posts: 4 New Member
    Alleykat1445, I do get the "problem logging in" screen and I just click the try again option and I'm signed in, but my friends are still missing. I guess I can upload to the cloud and then uninstall the game and reinstall and see if that fixes it. it
  • Options
    It seems to have resolved it for me, lets hope it fixes it for you and you get your friends back, good luck :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I have made so many new friends on it but only ever had a option of 26 I can see when I click on naughbours and even found some change and some missing :|
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    sebush1912sebush1912 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2016
    I had to go to iOS Settings and enable Sims to access my Facebook account, and provide the FB password. My iPad makes me click to login in each time, but my iPhone does not. It seems to maintain it's connection. You'll need to do this whenever you change your password for FB.

The email account I use for FB and the Firemonkey help site was under attack yesterday. Thankfully Microsoft notified me of suspicious activity in time and I changed my passwords. That's never happened before, so I have to wonder if it was someone connected to Firemonkey somehow.
  • Options
    Lanyu13Lanyu13 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm also having the Party Boat log in problem, plus a Sim stuck in a Neighbor's town. Was told by EA support they know of this glitch and are working on it. Just no idea how long it will be worked on before fixed.