Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New blog post and Windenburg pics

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    The farmer's market really caught my attention. Love it! But I'm worried that they are just "concept art"...I really hope they make it to the final version and are fully functional! If our sims can sell their produce in them I'll be sold.

Pretty sure the two images in the OP are screenshots, not concept art.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Looks like we might get real apartment builds judging from those pictures?
    Anyway I really like what I have seen so far :) This is going to be awesome!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    The farmer's market really caught my attention. Love it! But I'm worried that they are just "concept art"...I really hope they make it to the final version and are fully functional! If our sims can sell their produce in them I'll be sold.

Unfortunately it's concept art. They are "visual snapshots" according to the blog: "Once we’d finished sketching maps and architecture, we started to create some visual snapshots to really show off the districts. There’s one here (and one in the opening of the blog) that serve both as explorations as to how these places could look with Sims living in them, and also provide a visual target to the team responsible for building them in game. "
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    07_EP02_ModernDowntown.jpg

Oooh is that a sunroof? :o
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Oh yeah, looks like it could be. Hopefully if there are skylights they are modular and extendable like roofs, rather than set sizes.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

Unfortunately it's concept art. They are "visual snapshots" according to the blog: "Once we’d finished sketching maps and architecture, we started to create some visual snapshots to really show off the districts. There’s one here (and one in the opening of the blog) that serve both as explorations as to how these places could look with Sims living in them, and also provide a visual target to the team responsible for building them in game. "

Yeah, SimGuruDaniel confirmed on Twitter that it's not a screenshot.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

Yeah, SimGuruDaniel confirmed on Twitter that it's not a screenshot.

Well that doesn't mean that the sun roof and the stalls won't be in the final version :) hopefully those are final concept pictures and they will make it to the game!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The blog did say that what will be shipped with the game will look very similar. We get 5 districts right?
    From what I see:
    1. The rolling hillsides
    2. The private island
    3. The new town center
    4. The old town center
    5. The ruins

Right?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope what we get looks like the two concept arts. It's gorgeous!!! <3
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    The blog did say that what will be shipped with the game will look very similar. We get 5 districts right?
    From what I see:
    1. The rolling hillsides
    2. The private island
    3. The new town center
    4. The old town center
    5. The ruins

Right?

Old town center and new town center? Could you point those out?

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    From what I see:
    1. The rolling hillsides
    2. The private island
    3. The new town center
    4. The old town center
    5. The ruins

Right?

Old town center and new town center? Could you point those out?
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    09_WORLD_MAP_revised5.jpg

Nessie!

The modern buildings to the right of the island looks like the new town center, and up behind it across the bridge looks like the old town center. To me, anyways.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The modern business district (not new town centre) is on the mainland south coast.
    0226a6c002.png

The Old town square is on the right hand side, further back, with fountain in the centre.
    f03b3168dd.png
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I do have a question...where's the beach?

• Options
    edited October 2015

On the island, is my guess. The northern part of the island looks like the widest sandy area. Or the eastern part looks like it could be a natural tide pool/rock pools.

There's also a wide sandy area just above the middle of the map. Could be there too.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

On the island, is my guess.

Hmm it looks small,but it is only concept art....

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    w.jpeg

Pub signs!
    A farmer's market stand!
    Pigeons!
    A city map!
    A farther view of the ruins!

Is that fountain new? I'm sure it is.

07_EP02_ModernDowntown.jpg

Love the houseboat on the river!

I wish they would have left the moutainious terrain now it's mostly flat.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2015
    Home!

Edit I like the blog, But I'd think it would be cool to actually go behind the Scenes, Like a Youtube video or something to watch the process. i don't know I'm interested, seeing them actually at work.

I think they Did that when they launched the game, they showed the musicians orchestrate the Opening theme "It's the Sims" Like I'd like to see the artists at their desks sketching concepts. Just a thought.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    Question is how our sims are going to get to that island. I'm betting it will be thru a secret lot or something.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The same way they get any where.....Poof! There they are.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    For some, reason, I can still connect this to being close to Newcrest, possibly on the other side of the city. It's a different place, but still feels close to WC, NC, and MP.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    I'm viewing it as if it's Chinatown but German.

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I really like these shots! I can't wait until December (really wish it was still November- sigh). I do hope the more mountainous terrain will be present but most likely they switched it out due to all the complaints that it was too different to not be "isolated" from the rest of the game world, blah, blah, blah. That would be too bad but it still looks cool in the shots presented here.
  • Options
    It looks like they've gone for more of a mix. Rolling hills like UK, flat floodplains like the Netherlands (I believe?), some Alpine terrain in the distance, but not prevalent, islands with beaches like those found in the Med, canals etc... Ruins, Tudor architecture and various other mixed styles that are often found throughout Europe.
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    love it :D is it glass roof btw? anyway all looks good!
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited October 2015
    Nice Job, wheres the beach??

Oh never mind I see it, its where the monster or creature is. My mistake.