Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Singing Skill

DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I've returned from a hiatus so I can share ideas again.
If the karaoke machine makes a return, then I assume the Singing Skill will some day come back as well!

Granted, not all Sims will have that golden voice in the beginning. Learning how to sing takes training. Sims could learn from singing the songs on the radio, or reading, or even having someone who knows how to sing (or not!) teach the willing student. There would also be opportunities to perform so they could further grow this skill. Those with Creative and Genius Traits will learn much faster, while Loner Sims wold have a difficult time learning.

Practice!
Sims can read, listen to the radio or have someone teach them how to sing. When practicing, Sims can take out a paper and try to learn lyrics. When they are confident enough or they're at level 5, they can try to memorize the lyrics.

Emotions and Singing:
  • The feeling of a song will definitely influence the performance.
  • If a song makes a Sim sad, the Sim is likely to cry on stage.
  • If a Sim is angry during the performance, their voice would be much louder than usual. I'm looking at the rock/alternative/screamo lovers here. :smiley:
  • Tense Sims would likely stutter during the song until their mood changes.
  • Flirty Sims would be successful in a duet, or the Don Juan (romantic Sims) would swoon the listening audience --- doesn't matter who is listening.
  • The Audience will be moved by the performance, depending on the song and the Sim.

At the start, the 'singing' Sim is very off-pitch and their boisterous belts are nails-on-chalkboard for other sims. Terrible concerts could make sims tense. This could also have the hilarious ability to drive some unwilling listeners from the room. The singer would feel embarrassed or even angry due to the feedback, but it's not like they can't learn. As they learn, their singing will get better -- as long as you remember the lyrics and keep at it.

While practicing, Sims will learn their main voice range. Different voices will harbor different tones, (Bass, Baritone, Tenor, Alto, Soprano, Falsetto, etc.) and this would be important in The Sims 4. That would be because duets and groups (think Get Together) would be possible!

Duets, Trios, Groups and More:
  • Sims would be able to choose from a list of songs to practice or perform.
  • Sims in groups of two can use this as a romantic option.
  • Sims in groups of two can also sing-battle. (I'd add Rap Battles, too. DJ Booth has to help with something!)
  • Make sure those Sims have chemistry, the skill level AND the song down or that more-than-solo group will drive sims crazy! The unholy dissonance and off-key measures will definitely burn a Sim's ears!
  • Children will have this skill, too. They could learn the skill in school and sing with their friends (nursery rhymes, etc) and those prodigy kids could earn solos in school.

Genres:
What would you like to add in the Genre column for these Singing Sims? Hardcore? Country? I'd like to hear from you.

Other Interactions:
  • 'Go Into Sing-Song.' You know when some people sound like they're singing when they're angry? Or, they dance and act as though life is a musical? This interaction is just like that. No, really. Sims could go into sing-song while chatting. This could make the other Sims laugh, or they'd be very annoyed.
  • Multitasking. Sims who are singing could dance and move, too.

What other interactions would you want your Singing Sims to have?

Achievements:
  • I'd love to hear from you. I'll add as I go along, but what achievement would you like to add for your Singing Sims?

Other Ideas For Singing Sims:
  • Talent Shows
  • Concerts (The Singing Skill CAN be used ANYHWERE and not just for a career!)
  • Singing (Active Optional) Career
  • Simlish Lyrics! (I hope we all learn Simlish. Just an idea.)
  • Sims could sing while the piano/violin/guitar players join in. Bands welcome!

Again, I'd like to hear your ideas, and I hope the gurus read this and consider. Now that Get Together will have Clubs, I'm sure this will definitely add something to the Sims 4. :smile:

BONUS: What would make this skill hilarious or awesome? I like comedy.
Post edited by DarkenedSparrow on

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would want this skill more awesome.

Multitasking, should make it more exciting. Now that Sims can multitask I expect Sims using their entire stage.

I expect Singing/dancing/interacting with the audience all at the same time, being in sync with the back up dancers/band.

Also, Songs than are performed, in the Sims 3 weren't interesting, Like I know there are copyright issues, but I wish Sims can sing real life songs. I don't really care for simlish, I don't believe it has any real meaning, to me its just a time saver, I can make believe it means anything I want.

If We could have Songs by real life artists, sims could perform, I'd like Some Jessie J, Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Andy Grammar, Zedd, Taylor Swift, Iggy Azelea, Michael Jackson. You know I want to watch my sims, perform as If I was at A Beyonce Concert, I want to be my own Sims crazed fans.

the work on becoming a Famous singer could be comical but once Sims start reaching level 5-7 that's when they should start becoming serious and awesome at putting on a show.

Not so sure about Songs and emotion. I don't think the Singer should be the one feeling the emotions on stage, i feel like the audience should be the ones, feeling it more.

I think the Singer should only cry when The song is truly written with full emotion, about someone truly close to that sim, or somewhere along those lines yes, But if it's a pity break up song I don't think tears are needed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I would want this skill more awesome.

Multitasking, should make it more exciting. Now that Sims can multitask I expect Sims using their entire stage.

I expect Singing/dancing/interacting with the audience all at the same time, being in sync with the back up dancers/band.

Also, Songs than are performed, in the Sims 3 weren't interesting, Like I know there are copyright issues, but I wish Sims can sing real life songs. I don't really care for simlish, I don't believe it has any real meaning, to me its just a time saver, I can make believe it means anything I want.

If We could have Songs by real life artists, sims could perform, I'd like Some Jessie J, Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Andy Grammar, Zedd, Taylor Swift, Iggy Azelea, Michael Jackson. You know I want to watch my sims, perform as If I was at A Beyonce Concert, I want to be my own Sims crazed fans.

the work on becoming a Famous singer could be comical but once Sims start reaching level 5-7 that's when they should start becoming serious and awesome at putting on a show.

Not so sure about Songs and emotion. I don't think the Singer should be the one feeling the emotions on stage, i feel like the audience should be the ones, feeling it more.

I think the Singer should only cry when The song is truly written with full emotion, about someone truly close to that sim, or somewhere along those lines yes, But if it's a pity break up song I don't think tears are needed.

I understand, and I actually like your ideas. I was just trying to figure out how to make the skill somewhat hilarious. And I cried on stage while singing once. (Choir, music-rat here.) It's not like the sims would cry all the time, haha, but the audience will feel it, too.

There could be options for Sims to sing in English and Simlish. I'd like to hear 'Crazy In Love' by Beyonce. Maybe the guys could sing that song, too! XD

Also, the better the Sims sing, the more powerful they are. Multitasking would be a big benefit to this skill.

Again, I like your ideas. Thank you so much for the feedback.
  • Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Honestly, the biggest for me would be if not all sounded the same at lvl 10. I know it would be hard, but it's a bit off-putting when two sims at lvl 10 sound identical when singing a duet. It should be affected by the sims natural voice (light, dark, etc) so that two sims dueting would sound at least somewhat different. Right now I can scarcely hear a difference :)

Also, wish there were more songs on the radio. Right now there's like 1 or 2 that I like.

I wish though, mostly, because there are careers for singing, but not for dancing! I wish for something dancing related, like either an actual job or that you could "dance for cash". That's make an awesome variation for creative and artistic sims. We have the dancing skill, why not be able to earn some simoleons on it too?