Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open Sub-Neighborhoods?

I know that because of how the game was made, that a completely open world is not possible. But what about the sub-neighborhoods? Could those be opened up? So you don't have to have a loading screen to visit your neighbors. It would nice. Then you could see your neighbors come in and out of their houses, garden, sitting on their front porch, etc. What do you guys think? Would it be possible?
funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'm not sure if it's possible. I wouldn't see why not. If you go look in houses, all the stuff is already loaded.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm not even sure what they are loading, because you can see all the furniture if you look inside a house in the same neighbourhood. I guess it's just an easy way for them to call sims to accompany your sims on a lot.
    Other than that, i don't know what's stopping them.
  • Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    I would love to see open neighborhoods, it would be wonderful to visit neighbors without a loading screen. We can always hope, and believe anything's possible.
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    I would love to have open neighborhoods, i can live with a loading screen between each neighborhood but not every time i have to travel to another lot...

It would also be really nice to see some life on the lots that i am not currently visiting, you know if you see a park from your house there could actually be some people there. Same goes for your neighbors, i would like to see them doing something on their yards.

But then again they already have your neighbors usually wandering around the streets so they would have to be programmed to either stay at their homes, go to a lot in the neighborhood or wander around like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which they do now.

Well i guess we can hope, but i doubt open neighborhoods would be high on their list of things to do.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm not sure if it's possible. I wouldn't see why not. If you go look in houses, all the stuff is already loaded.

The difference is in loading all the activity while keeping spaces feeling as populated as they are now, and running as smoothly as they are now. We currently have an 8-Sim limit on the active lot + a 20-Sim limit on the active neighbourhood. If 6 lots are all open together, that either spreads those 20 out a whole lot (and limits the out-of-neighbourhood population, in the case of residential areas) or needs a whole lot more computer resources devoted to running the more-than-20 Sims who end up in it. It could also become an issue with story progression of played families for people who play rotationally: if they're being simulated that much more often, what can they do and not do, and how much of it gets remembered?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    They've said in the past that if they opened up a neighbourhood so that all five lots were active at once, then the lot you were actually visiting would be quite empty. The game engine would be using resources to simulate things happening that might not even be on your screen.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    So we are stuck with endless loading screens and empty lots all in the name of performance, thats just wonderful.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015
    the "awesome egineer" created for sims 4, can't proper handle many sims in game, like someone told the game in order to give you the truman show or sitcom, have many limitis in order to run on the toasters, the game default max active sims is 20 more than that can start to cause stability issues and can "blow up" the toasters or the poor made engineer, well the problem not was just work in toasters but also the limited time they had to scrap the olimpus and redo a new engineer, then they just get what they could, pull all together and called the sims 4.

to add open hoods they need to do what they are "whilling to do because is too difficult and expensive which is "work", then they prefer just keep focusing on packs cuz packs will save us and the sims series is the serie where is matter is not the base game but the packs.

according to gurus the sims 4 engineer was the engineer which could do anything but can't do almost anything the rule of contracditions.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited September 2015
    Alistu wrote: »
    They've said in the past that if they opened up a neighbourhood so that all five lots were active at once, then the lot you were actually visiting would be quite empty. The game engine would be using resources to simulate things happening that might not even be on your screen.

I agree.
    That's is one way the Sims 4 is more alive without empty lots, and less Cpu usage.
    And also with the background scenery, remember how the Sims 2 and 3 had a lot's of Plain grass space, unless you added lots of trees to fill it in with the world editor.
    This way the worlds, look move complete.
  • Options
    uryga wrote: »
    That's is one way the Sims 4 is more alive without empty lots, and less Cpu usage.
    And also with the background scenery, remember how the Sims 2 and 3 had a lot's of Plain grass space, unless you added lots of trees to fill it in with the world editor.
    This way the worlds, look move complete.

More alive perhaps for the lot you happen to visit, other then the random sims wandering around the neighborhood all the other lots are completely empty unless you decide to go there.