The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens or pre-teens?

MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So with the possibility of pre-teens being added to the game, I was wondering how many of you would rather have that new proposed life stage replace the teens we currently have in the game. Right now teens are practically the same as young adults, so I personally would prefer having them modified than simply adding a new life stage as a way of compensating for our current teens.

What do you think?
Post edited by Mightydan on

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'd also prefer a modified and enhanced teen stage, but if we ended up with vivid preteens plus more vivid teens, I wouldn't complain.

This.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    why not both?
  • Options
    TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    Who says the two are mutually exclusive? Preteens are much, MUCH different from Teens. There's no way a Preteen stage could replace Teens. Rather, they should be their own thing, with plenty of interactions unique to their stage.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I want pre-teens -and- more teen-only stuff added into the game to set them apart from young adults.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Heck no, leave teens as they are I like how they represent the older 16-18 teenagers, preteens can represent 12-15
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Rename Adult as Middle Age and add more age marks
    Rename Young Adult as Adult and add more age marks.
    Rename Teens as Young Adults.
    Add a Shorter teen age

Just rename and a bit of graphical change, and a single new lifestage. Done
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I wouldn't want to lose teens, they may be useless now like elders and babies but they complete my game. I hope to see improvement and more of a family bond in the future along with pre-teens, better teens and hopefully toddlers.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Don't remove, improve. Nope, I will not support the removal of any life stage. I want real babies, toddlers, children that play, preteens, teens that don't look like adults, YA that are actually different, adults, and elders that have unique interactions in my Sims games. Sims 4 shouldn't downgrade but upgrade the life stages. I mean it is 2015 by now not the year 2000. Technology is supposed to advance with time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'd also prefer a modified and enhanced teen stage, but if we ended up with vivid preteens plus more vivid teens, I wouldn't complain.

Yeah that would be the best case scenario.
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Don't remove, improve. Nope, I will not support the removal of any life stage. I want real babies, toddlers, children that play, preteens, teens that don't look like adults, YA that are actually different, adults, and elders that have unique interactions in my Sims games. Sims 4 shouldn't downgrade but upgrade the life stages. I mean it is 2015 by now not the year 2000. Technology is supposed to advance with time.

Very well said, in a game released in 2014 there is no reason to leave out a lifestage that was in a predecessor that came out in 2004. If we follow Sims 4's pattern we will have just Young Adults in Sims 5.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    If we remove/ change what we have now, people who like the teens now will be upset.

It's best to add both preteens and toddlers and leave the teens as they are.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    There not going to remove an entire life state that's already in game. I honestly wouldn't waste your own time worry about that happening.
  • Options
    jmt313aerojmt313aero Posts: 17 Member
    In my opinion we should keep both because getting rid of teens leaves a big giant gap in the life stage. It's suppose to be a life simulation game and it's not realistic to go from middle school to college/ young adult it would probably start a big giant argument in the forums. It would also be a waste of countless hours perfecting teens for us.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'd rather have pre-teens and teenagers to be honest. They could add a few more things to make teenagers unique from adults though.

Tbh I don't mind that teens and adults+ can share clothes, but now that they have so many "shared" outfits, I wish there were teen exclusive outfits. Well, maybe teens+ could still wear all outfits just add filters so by default townie sims dress in age specific clothes but we can let our own sims dress in anything we want.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I'd rather have pre-teens and teenagers to be honest. They could add a few more things to make teenagers unique from adults though.

Tbh I don't mind that teens and adults+ can share clothes, but now that they have so many "shared" outfits, I wish there were teen exclusive outfits. Well, maybe teens+ could still wear all outfits just add filters so by default townie sims dress in age specific clothes but we can let our own sims dress in anything we want.
    I'd love to be able to set school uniforms so all the teens would automatically wear the same thing on weekdays.
  • Options
    Sims3And4AreFabbSims3And4AreFabb Posts: 215 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    So with the possibility of pre-teens being added to the game, I was wondering how many of you would rather have that new proposed life stage replace the teens we currently have in the game. Right now teens are practically the same as young adults, so I personally would prefer having them modified than simply adding a new life stage as a way of compensating for our current teens.

What do you think?

I agree, there is no difference between teens and young adults, besides the fact they go to school.
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Heck no, leave teens as they are I like how they represent the older 16-18 teenagers, preteens can represent 12-15

Yes!!!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

They resemble young adults far too much to the point where it's difficult to distinguish their exact age. That needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited August 2015
    At this point pre-teens is the best fix some people will be mad if teens were changed after a year. The teens we have now need to have more unique things just for their life stage added such pimples if you allow their hygiene to get to low, sneaking out, driving and learning to drive, prom, skating cheerleading sport teams. Either way the teens we have now need some kind of fix.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,564 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

What do you think?

I want preteens but want to keep the teens as well.
  • Options
    ericafranklin4ericafranklin4 Posts: 51 Member
    I don't think preteens can replace teens because it would leave a huge gap between them. A preteen is like a 12 year old and a young adult is in their 20s. I would love preteens but not at the expense of teens. Teens can do a lot of things if they were switched to preteens they would be limited. They wouldn't be able to drive, or do other semi adult things.
  • Options
    TheeeAmazing1 TheeeAmazing1 Posts: 5 New Member
    honestly it would be cool to add in preteens but not to take away the teens for the pretenns bc having just preteens without teens in the game wouldn't like real life at all and having both would give more story to how you play and would be more like real life. which i find cool
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I want both teen age group improved and preteens added that gives both a mix of child and teen like activities..